Ch 2: River Parting Martial King (Fixed)
318 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There are four aspects to what people consider to be 'true love', but no one usually points them out.

The first aspect would be domination. Even though many chalk up love as a kind of 'compatibility', the truth was they liked the feeling of control. Those who are young and inexperienced relied on this...

For them, who could barely understand others, the aspect of 'domination' applied more subtly...

What would normally happen is that they'd initially notice one thing in particular about their partner.

That is... their face.

How a girl blushes and shows her emotions... The easier your partner is to read, the more you can trust them. That's exactly what juvenile romances consist of, and that's why they break so easily...

It's not domination of the body. The feelings is a bit more ambiguous than that. Less domineering, and something most would like to ignore. Covering it up with sweet words of love is a staple for anyone.

At least, that's what Momma Kang told me. That's why I'd always just accepted this as what it was. 

There was no need to resist this 'domination'.

I let Bai Lingyun take control, letting my submission become part of the good first impression I had.

Whelp, that's only my thoughts relating to girls.

If the other party was a guy, forget submission, I'd tie him up and beat one mofo with another mofo!

That's how Kang Hyuk lives his life!

"You have an... interesting perspective." Spoke the a figure that seemed completely ethereal.

I couldn't even make out her gender. In this dark dreamworld of no light, I couldn't see her face!

"...Did you read my mind?"

"Pretty much."

"What do you want?"

"The damage to your heart is extensive. Will you accept me into your soul as a parasitic-"

"Are you a female?"

"...Yes."

"Then please make yourself at home, Milady~". I laid down and patted the on the ground(?) lightly.

"...You don't understand what going on at all."

"Meh! At least it's better than meeting Yama."

"But from what you just said, you have no way to truly 'dominate' me. Isn't that a problem for you?"

"Daddy Kang said there was FOUR aspects."

"And the others are...?"

"First: Domination. 

Second: Devotion. 

Third: Submission.

Fourth: Transaction.

These became the core Tenets I'd religiously followed. They will help me achieve 'True Love'!"

"You're crazy..."

"All 'Love Seekers' are crazy~" If not, why would I throw myself into a dangerous situation earlier?

"Then on what grounds do you trust me?"

"Transaction. We both give and take." After all, it didn't look like she wanted to 'take' anything.

"You're smarter than you look."

"Thank you~"

"That's not- Hah... Alright, I'll give you a simple rundown of why I'm here and what I want."

Then she started to explain about her past...

It looked like she came here from the future to survive, but can't manifest herself due to losing a lot of energy. Since I just happened to be where she was, this girl wanted to use me as a 'Vessel'.

"So you're going to live inside me from now on? Is that not a good thing? We can talk a lot!"

"Actually... You're wrong."

"Huh?"

"I'm going to go into hibernation after giving you a new body. I'm already looking for a body that possesses the same 'Identity' that you can take ownership of. My 'Gift' is also yours to use."

"What's a 'Gift'?"

"I suppose you call them Martial Spirits in this long forgotten era. You will also attain the spirit of the man you will be possessing." She dropped some bombshells before her figure started fading...

"Wait! It's wrong to take over someone else's body without permission!" I spoke out righteously.

I mean, even a guy like me respected another's wishes. It wasn't right to take over their body.

"Don't worry. This man, similarly named 'Kang Hyuk', doesn't deserve his talent or status."

Was what she said before fading away. When she fully disappeared, the scenery around me shifted.

It felt like I was having someone else's life flash before my eyes. It was quite a violent life indeed.

Unlike me, the Kang Hyuk of the Kang Family, that ruled of Azuremist City, was a determined man.

He was like a sword that was constantly sharpening himself. Improving his martial arts to the point he became known as the River Parting Martial King! He was living a great life...

Wealth, honour, respect, talent. Everything was within his grasp. Although I was kinda put off by his merciless attitude and callous actions towards those he deemed 'evil', he wasn't really that bad.

There were a lot of prodigal Young Master's who didn't deserve respect. Among them, this man sharing my name was nice in comparison. The only time he 'fell' in my eyes was in the recent events.

"Why...?! WHY?!" That Martial King spoke hoarsely after having his veins and meridians ruined.

The poison in his cup was what crippled him...

And the one who offered him this cup... was none other than his own fiancé he'd grown up with.

Her name was Luo Ming...

"I'm sorry, but you were just way too strong. If you don't disappear, how can my clan hope yo rise beyond their position?" She asked while cleaning up all the evidence of what she'd done to him.

Although he fell from grace from a Martial King to the level of common thug. That was just expected.

Sword Arts without strong Internal Qi couldn't bring forth much power. After losing his power, he became stuck in a really bad situation. Although his father loved him, he couldn't always protect him.

Father Kang was a pragmatic City Lord who didn't shy away from any means to keep the Luo Clan at bay. Even when Feng Ming came and disgraced him by cutting the marriage that would going their families, he was still focused on the big picture.

The River Parting Martial King had made a lot of enemies over the years, and he had no alternative in order to gain his strength back. To counteract the 'Yin Poison' in his veins, he needed medicine of the Yang nature as fast as he possibly could.

To take revenge on his fiancé, that depraved woman, and the Luo Clan, he'd do anything.

Which lead to the situation I was in right now.

When I'd 'woke up' from the reminisce of myriad memories, I found myself on a bed in 'my room'.

After assimilating into this 'Kang Hyuk', I felt like our souls had bonded into a new existence.

My body became stronger, and so did the strength of my mind. It made my field of view much wider.

But no matter how good my eyesight became, it didn't change the depraved scene before me.

What did the Martial King say? "Blame your sister for selling you off, and for giving me no choice!" 

Yeah, that's what he said to this innocent woman underneath me. The girl who embodied 'Yang'.

Maybe this was the ruse Luo Ming'er made from the very start. That's likely why she specifically used Yin Toxin to cripple him rather than anything else. It gave him no option but to desire the 'Supreme Yang Divine Physique' of his fiancé's older sister.

If he chose to try seducing her, I wouldn't be unnerved by the fact that she was in his bed, but...

"Mmph! Mmmm!!!" The girl struggled from the restraints underneath me with tears in her eyes.

In my hand was a Dual Cultivation manual, and my other was clenching onto her breasts too tightly.

When I retrieved my hand, I realised that he Martial King knew nothing on how to treat women. He had treated her chest like dough, kneading it so hard that there was a bruise clear for any to see.

On top of that, she definitely didn't seem to give her consent as she struggled from the bondage on her arms and feet. She seemed in great despair after being gagged, unable speak anything to me.

Although my heart knew that I should probably let her go immediately, my mind was still confused.

...How do I unlock these bindings again?

Seeing that we were both naked, and my family jewels were displayed for all to see... The first thing I did was take a step back. My movements where instantly noticed by the girl strapped to the bed.

She must have noticed my change in expression. I put my hands up to show I meant no harm to her.

The situation was becoming awkward...

Since having my dong on display would only make her more agitated, I quickly clothed myself. Then continued to put my hands up; showing that I now meant her no harm. It seemed to work.

Either that, or she used up too much energy...

With the Dual Cultivation manual already discarded onto the floor, I tried approaching her calmly. She either trusted me, or was resigned to her bleak fate. The latter seemed more likely to be the case.

Taking out a knife, I cut apart the bindings on her arms and legs. Even draping her in a robe.

Although it was nothing compared to the beautiful clothes 'Kang Hyuk' had torn and discarded onto the ground, it was enough to show sincerity. The last thing I did was take the gag off her mouth.

"I'm sorr-" *Smack!* With her lips trembling, she stared at me with the resolve to quickly kill me.

A slap made a red mark on my cheek...

The girl, Luo Fei, grabbed knife I'd put to the side and pointed it at my throat. I didn't resist at all...

It would be fair game if she killed me here.

"Y-you... W-why...?!" She barely whispered to me.

Do you hear that, River Parting Martial King? She's saying the same words you asked your fiancé...

You're no better than that depraved filth.

"I realised my wrongs... It was a mistake to do this to you. If you want my life, then please take it..." I gave her the apology she deserved, but didn't expect forgiveness for the sin that was committed.

It wasn't that I expected her to show mercy. I knew there was no way to make up for wronging her.

She may be of the Luo Clan, but she was as innocent as everyone else other than Luo Ming.

The Clan itself wasn't full of evil people...

As I was lost in my thoughts, the sharp knife on my neck stopped digging deeper onto my skin.

The blade dropped from her hand, and the emotions she'd been holding back started to flood.

I dared not draw any closer to her at this moment.

Even though I was a man, nothing I could do would comfort her. It was hell for a 'Love Seeker' like me.

Going up to my room's only door, the dark eyed guard next to the door looked at me sharply.

I could tell from my memories that this was normal.

"Get her a pair of clothes she can wear." The guard looked confused for a moment, then understood.

"Does Young Master not wish to regain his power?"

"Tell my father, your Master, that I'm fine now." He squinted for a moment, but still agreed to do so.

The loyalty of those who were around me mostly stemmed from my new 'Father'. That's why they didn't stop me when I did something wrong. If I could do anything, then it was definitely because 'Father Kang' implicitly agreed with my actions.

I wasn't sure whether to feel angry about that...

The man brought back some clothes, and I checked it beforehand. Then slapped his head.

"???" The big muscle brain was confused.

"I said a pair of clothes she could wear. Not to bring me skimpy underwear." This wasn't even funny. I'm not sure if I was effected my the Martial King's personality, but I glared at him intensely.

"...Sorry, but we don't have anything" 

"Then bring me a pair of my mother's clothes."

"But-"

"Father hates her anyway. He won't care if I take one of her belongings from before she left." The guard shut up, looking like his thoughts were becoming complicated. I quickly rushed him.

When he came back, the clothes he gave were finally something a respectable maiden would wear. I shooed him off came back into the room. It was too dark, so I lit a lantern up instead of opening the windows. It was better this way.

Luo Fei was still traumatised by me. She didn't want to come anywhere near after this incident.

However, I couldn't just leave her...

Luo Ming's group had already isolated her. To get rid of this girl, who had become a great thorn in her side, she'd already schemed for me to kill her. My eyes could tell that it wasn't just her chest injured.

Her wrists and ankles were injured from struggling so much that they were even lightly bleeding.

Leaving her like this might cause an infection...

I placed the clothes next to her on the bed, then let her reach out for them. Watching her every move.

It was only after my heart was certain she'd have a hard time putting it on, did I kneel in front of her?

"H-huh?" She looked at me with surprise.

"Allow me to serve you."

"N-no...! You just want to..." The girl didn't even have to finish her sentence for me to understand.

The girl had no reason to trust me...

I bowed even harder to the point my head the floor in a dogeza position. My mouth spoke gently:

"You are in pain, and it's my fault. Please, allow this one to care for the woman he'd mistreated." These words came from the very depths of my soul. The sincerity within them was unable to be ignored.

Of course, what I asked was outrageous...

There wasn't a single reason for her to believe me or put faith in me. Especially after what happened.

"W-why... are you kneeling to me like that?" When I lifted my head, I saw the bewilderment on her face.

It was only now did I remember that 'Kang Hyuk' as a Martial King carried himself with great dignity. He may apologise to others, but he'd never kneel. To do so would be a clear form of 'loss' in his opinion.

This was a juvenile mindset, especially in front of a woman in this situation. Pride can be damned!

I'd never allow a woman to hate me. Especially if I liked her... Never! Never even in a million years!

The ponytailed woman seemed to be unable to come to a decision... until the pain started rising.

"Fine..." She said one word, and I treated her like a manservant would take care of his queen.

Despite my hands touching her, no part of me felt this situation was in any way 'hot' or 'erotic'.

I was just dressing her from head to toe...

Taking out a medical kit from the drawer (which was usually used to treat the Martial King's own injuries), I first wrapped up her injuries. The woman tensed up when I'd approached closer to her...

My hands touched her soft foot, feeling angry that anyone would dare harm such a tender figure.

I made sure to keep the skinship to an appropriate level. It was best not to go over a certain limit.

Lest her trauma was triggered...

My body communicated to her, patiently waiting whenever I needed her to move in a certain way.

I'd already seen everything, so she didn't seem that embarrassed when I had to dress her under the cloak. It was hard to tell what she was feeling as I buttoned certain areas and tied the dress together.

"You seem experienced in this..." She spoke without stuttering this time. Her voice was cold.

I couldn't exactly say it was from my past life... 

That Martial King may be inexperienced, but I, Kang Hyuk, had trained to undress women safely.

I called it the 'Art of Undressing'. With what I was doing now being a reverse application of the 'Art'.

"After losing my Martial Spirit and cultivation, I'd secretly slept around without anyone noticing."

"You deserve your fate." She spoke to me harshly with words the real Martial King wouldn't ignore.

He blamed the entire Luo Clan, after all...

"You're right." My words shocked her once more.

She looked at the mirror as I showed her my delicate work. The dress was a perfect fit on her.

She'd been shy at first when I was putting it on her right down from the underwear, but she got used to it. The girl closed her eyes and likely tried imagining me as a woman to calm down her heart.

We stood in front of the drawer mirror as I presented her new appearance. Her cheek was still red from the initial scuffle before she was captured by 'Kang Hyuk'. She looked like an abused wife...

There was a hand worth of distance between our bodies, and none of us seemed to notice.

The woman seemed to feel embarrassed now of all times. It looked like what I did finally registered...

"You aren't going to say... that you stopped because you fell for me, right?" She seemed uncomfortable as she spoke. I could remember the indifferent way 'Kang Hyuk' had treated her.

A part of me wanted to immediately agree, but another part of me knew that was trashy to do.

She'd just be burdened if I showed some strange obsession for her. It would scare her off.

Rather than answering her, I decided to tell her the truth of why 'Kang Hyuk' did what he had done.

"At first, I felt like doing everything to regain my strength, but now, my feelings are different. I'm truly sorry for what I did." Another sincere apology was given to her while taking another step away.

Her emotions started to settle down once my body was further from her, allowing the girl to feel ease.

My decision seemed to be spot-on.

She wasn't foolish enough to believe any sweet words that came from my mouth. It was all lies...

At least, she'd never believe what I had to say...

She turned her head to the door and limped towards it. It gave me no choice but to offer:

"Why not lay down for a while?"

"I just want to go home."

"You won't be able to protect yourself." I stood in her path. Her condition genuinely worried me.

"...Why get in my way now? You-!"

"Your wounds will open up. If you need some time alone to heal, I'll leave the room myself."

"..." She silently glared at me, but begrudgingly agreed after a surge of pain hurt her ankle.

It took some time, but Luo Fei finally stopped herself from trembling after returning to the bed.

There was no way she'd be calm here...

I gave her time to herself while leaving to do my own things. There was a lot needed to be done.

First, was dealing with Luo Ming's scheme...

9