Ch 13: Bloody Night
142 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The girl who I'd been holding in my right arm finally fell asleep. I used this opportunity to start the plan.

Lu Xia and I went down the streets of Azuremist City with straw hats that were big enough to cover our faces. I was no longer dressed luxuriously, and she was no longer dressed like a mere servant.

The only thing was that her left arm still looked the same as before. The sleeve I'd worn the time I'd given her my arm still remained. Moreover, the muscles of it seemed denser than her right arm.

We'd tried many things in the time we had to prepare ourselves. Figuring out our own weaknesses was common sense before going into battle. If not, how would we be able to hide them?

The first place we tried visiting was the unnamed shop that was selling human cauldrons on the backstreets of the Luo Clan's territory. What got my attention was that the markers were spread out.

This wasn't according to plan... I'd predicted two locations at most where the old bastards would gather. However, my senses were picking up a third place where my targets were having a good time.

I went into a popular pub filled with people. There was a familiar old fart sitting on a table with two other serious-looking Elders. It seemed they were talking about business hidden under the table.

Others wouldn't be able to hear them in this loud pub filled with many drunkards, but my sense of hearing wasn't to be underestimated. Even though they were using Qi to turn their whispers into strings, Life Control could decide it using my sight.

"You know... Leader Xin has been acting pretty suspicious lately." One of them spoke to the other.

"Did he really call everyone for a celebration? An orgy...? Even though our business isn't honest or aboveboard, did he really think we would agree to go?" Looks like these hypocrites had a brain.

"It's fine. It's just for one night anyway. We sealed an important deal. So it's right we celebrate."

"Don't you find anything suspicious?"

"That's the nature of our business. Anyway, there's no way that guy was part of those always searching for 'justice'. I've seen many people, and that man clearly had the personality of a crook."

"So it's fine to celebrate?"

"Why not? Let me pour you a large cup, brother." A smile formed on the witty old fart's ugly face.

It looked like they weren't going to act up, which wasn't good news if I wanted to kill them cleanly.

Lu Xia glanced at me, and I nodded my head.

We walked in their direction, walking past their table inconspicuously. I was then hit by an idea.

Do I still have that aphrodisiac from last time?

{Affirmative.}

Get ready to implant it on my signal.

{Command received.}

I lightly touched old fart's neck as we went past. It was at that point I whispered to Lu Xia, giving her a simple task to do. She agreed to my request with a cold face, going back into the men's line of sight.

The old fart definitely felt the aphrodisiac take effect. His eyes suddenly lock onto the waitress of the pub, only to suddenly have his vision blocked off by my maid walking right into his vision.

He couldn't control himself, getting up to grab towards Lu Xia's ass. Of course, I stopped him.

"What do you think you were about to do!?" My voice was righteous, causing everyone to turn.

Everyone was interested in the sudden spectacle.

"Brother, please sit back down." Even though the other Elders were a bit tipsy, they hadn't drunk too much. The same could be said for the old fart I'd restricted. It was just the aphrodisiac effecting him.

Was framing him like this something a righteous person would do? Obviously, that wasn't the case.

My actions weren't to 'judge' him, but to kill him.

The ugly bastard's eyes were red. He was losing himself in lust thanks to the strong poison given.

"Hey, just give her to me for a night. I'll pay you handsomely." The elders behind him sobered up and quickly dragged him back. Since their friends from the Luo Clan were also here, they didn't act by brandishing their status to do such a thing.

Likely, their Clan members thought of them as kindly geezers rather than the perverts they were. 

"He's a bit too drunk. Please ignore what he said." I wasn't going to let them all off with just an apology.

"Sure... I'm not an unreasonable person. Let's have a toast." I smiled while picking a bottle from their table. Seeing me lift it, the rest of them also picked up their bottles and tapped glasses with my own.

Thinking they diffused the situation, they relaxed.

None of them knew that I had spread the last of the Toxic Qi I'd saved up into their wine bottles. Their eyes gradually turned red as they started to look for females the same way as that old fart did.

"Good sirs, you asked if she was up for sale. Is that offer still on?" As I whispered to them those wicked words, Lu Xia followed my lead. Perhaps it was the resonance with my arm that let her pick things up quicker than the speed she normally would.

She lifted her straw hat, letting them see her beautiful face and alluring smile before heading towards the door. I lead them in her direction, a fake smile was on my face as they walked out.

"How much?" The old fart asked impatiently. There was still some distance to get to a dark alleyway.

"Are you planning to 'share' her?" They didn't deny my words, causing me to smile at them sinisterly.

I was using this opportunity to Life Lock all of them at the same time. None of them pushed me away as my arm wrapped around them. Seeing my lack of a limb, the old fart finally recognised me.

Though it didn't look like he could hold out any longer. He must've been thinking with his libido.

I'd missed one of them using my Life Lock, so I let the last feel cozy by not killing them on the spot.

They gradually lost reason in their eyes and started chasing Lu Xia, which we both silently allowed.

It was only after getting out of public sight did I finally take action. Though none of them noticed.

"Hah... Pretty lady, why not have some fun with uncles? We'll show you a good time." Lu Xia drew her sword, but I didn't give her the chance to draw the blood of the men around this particular old fart.

With just a flick of my finger, I ordered Life Control to steal away the Life Force of those who remained.

Since I'd already heard that taking in someone else's Life Force willy-nilly could cause mental pollution, I allowed my ability to expend and purify their power before adding them to my lifespan.

The total amount wasn't as much as their impure Life Force could give, but I didn't care one bit.

To me, the only reason I was okay with taking their lifespans for my own was due to last night's event.

Since I'd been reminded that times when I'd need to expend Life Force to save girls, they would act as my nutrients. With their Life Force, I'd be able to do things with my lifespan others only dreamt of.

The only thing I was careful about was to not add it to the demonically tainted Life Force I'd took from that pitiful girl at home. There was also still the matter of deciding what to do with this energy.

Seeing his 'brothers' suddenly fall dead out of nowhere, the last old fart was about to scream in fear. Of course, I couldn't let him do that and run away like the cowardly piece of shit that he was.

*Smack* 

The moment he turned around to escape, I slapped him straight on the cheek without hesitation.

His eyes bulged at my change in attitude.

"H-heathen! Do you have no honour?!"

"That's hilarious coming from you." I almost cracked up after hearing his angry outburst.

"I-I knew something was wrong...! You poisoned our drinks, didn't you?" He finally realised it.

Since I didn't take anyone's Internal Qi, the Toxic Qi was still left in their bodies even at this moment.

Just a simple scan would let you discover the poison that had already corrupted their systems.

"Hey hey hey, you're acting like I'm the real bad guy here~ Don't you recognise her whatsoever?"

"And why should I?"

"Hmmm... Then what about now?" I flicked my finger, and Lu Xia returned to her original form.

The man gasped not at her transformation, but because he recognised my maid's real face.

"You're-" *Pch!* A sword stabbed straight through his chest to interrupt him. She didn't want to talk.

The body's of the other old geezers also vanished at that moment. This gave me an idea.

{Would you like to erase the evidence?}

I agreed. Although I could suck Life Force out of a corpse, erasing the dead body seemed possible.

We moved onto the dark backstreet business.

This time, there was no need for tactics. Lu Xia just rushed in and quickly cut everyone to shreds.

Only the women were left, who fearfully gazed as at her while she was slaughtering many criminals.

"Argh, help us!" One of the wrinkly bastards in charge of this placed rolled in my direction.

Since I was in charge of protecting the women who had been piled up in one area, I didn't move to kill.

Instead, asking: "Why should I do that?"

"Y-you're 'Kang Hyuk', aren't you?" Wow, he actually realised who my face belonged to?

This guy would have been a talented subordinate to someone if he hadn't fell into this business.

"So?"

"Please save our lives."

"I think killing you would be more righteous...?"

"Isn't life precious to you? Wouldn't it be better to judge us by the law? Killing us won't change anything! If we didn't do this, someone else would have set up a similar shop here anyway." The man tried to reason, which didn't seem appealing.

"You know, I WOULD save your life."

"So-"

"If you were a girl."

"W-what?"

"I mean, it's your own fault for being such a wrinkly and ugly old bastard. I'm not giving you justice, there's a victim you made getting the revenge she always wanted to have. That's all there is to this."

"You'll regret helping her do this. Your scum! To only help based on gender. What makes us any different? You're no hero of justice! You're just an evildoer like us!" He roared at me angrily.

"Sure sure. Now can you wait their until you get your turn? She's almost finished up over there."

"Help me! I'll pay you with everything we built. All the riches and spiritual medicines are yours."

"Won't they still be mine if I kill you...?"

"I'll be your slave!"

"I'm not interested in ugly bastards like you. Maybe if you had a cute face, I'd ask for an appeal." Lazily.

"You like women, don't you? I'll give you plenty of them to 'love'! I'll sell you my own daughter!"

"Alright. I'll accept your conditions." I smiled at him softly, which seemed to calm the bastard down.

"R-really?"

"Yeah, don't worry. She's not going to kill you."

"Thank you. Thank-" *Pch* A sword ran through his heart, making him look at me with wide eyes.

He could only squeeze out one word: "Lies...!"

"Did I really lie? I never said you'd survive."

"No, p-please...! T-this can't be right!" Were the last words he spoke before his eyes clouded over.

I discarded the random sword I'd picked up earlier today. His blood was just too dirty to me.

Sell me his daughter? Now that was infuriating. A mix of anger and pleasure ran through my body.

It looked like 'Kang Hyuk' was pleased...

It's funny how bastards like this could beg for their lives after what they did to that pitiful girl. Not only her, but even the girls standing behind me. It just made my blood boil when they acted like humans.

If they were going to do demonic acts, then they should keep acting as demons to the very end.

What was the point of begging for their lives now?

Wait, now that I think about it, no one begged to be forgiven, did they? Did they have no conscience?

I guess they WERE demons to the very end, then.

After finishing injuring everyone's legs, Lu Xia was going for the kill using a bloodlust I'd never seem.

I'd always thought of her as the clumsy and ditzy type. Seeing her like this made me remember...

...everyone had different sides to them.

Maybe the reason she was so bad at trying to kill me was because she didn't hate me. On the other hand, everyone involved with this business had either directly or indirectly harmed her some way.

I didn't want her to feel my sympathy. Instead, the right to kill them was fully handed over to her.

She's the one who'd been mistreated, after all.

I turned to look at the enslaved girls who huddled together warily. Since I was a man, it seemed like they still had a bit of distrust. Did they believe we were going to steal them as 'merchandise'?

"We've come to free you." As I spoke this, one of the women in skimpy clothes responded to me:

".We don't have lives to return to. Everything... was ruined by them." Some of the younger girls cried.

It looked like their hearts were already subdued...

"Then I'll give you a brand new life. You can all live in the Kang Family mansion as maids, and all be paid a regular salary until you can integrate back into society. Though I won't force you all."

"What other choice do we have...?" That women darkly laughed, but I didn't answer her.

There wasn't even any part of my brain that was tactless enough to try and romance these women at this moment. The only thing I genuinely wanted them to do was regain their livelihoods first.

There was no love of there was a power imbalance between two individuals. That's why I stopped myself from flirting with the Kang Family mansion's female servants. A joyful relationship was my goal.

I hoped they could regain their smiles so I could at least be, err... 'fuck buddies' with them? I wonder if they'd be tempted after regaining their status. Now that I think about it, why did I try this earlier?

With my dashing looks, strength, and wealth, it should have been easy to make 'buddies' at home.

I'm gonna try that when I get back.

But first things first was dealing with the last place we had to go. There was one last place to visit.

After Lu Xia was done cleaning up, I erased the evidence and took them to a nearby clothes shop.

Ahem... I left the money for new clothes on the counter and dressed them properly before taking them home. There was no way we'd be able to walk around the streets with them without better outfits.

After quickly introducing them to my mansion's servants, we both left for the last den of demons.

It's time to get into the action myself!

3