Chapter 110
63 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"She had a beautiful spirit also." He then included Mila smiling at how he looked to such a woman with genuine kindness. He could see no hint of disrespect or jealousy over the woman in the portrait and he felt that Mila was not holding any negative thoughts towards anyone.

"You must've known her very well." Mila held her hands behind her back seeing how she could learn about the unknown woman. "She may wear a mask, but behind the mask, it looks like she holds certain goals or determination like him." She couldn't help, but see some similarities between mother and son with just a portrait in place. 'I wonder what happened to her.'

"Do you have feelings for the young lord?" He then asked Mila who blushed looking down. 'I can see that you hold the same expression that she did when she was still by my side.' The elderly man could see the same look that Mila held that was similar to his wife when she was still alive. Thinking how there was such resemblance, he felt as though choosing her was not a bad idea.

It took some time, but Mila smiled, wanting to be honest with herself and to such a kind elderly man who would likely not give away too much. She figured that he would not be the type to spread rumors around. "Yes, I do. But... I just feel like he deserves a woman who would be a far better match for him. Me, a woman who can never reach his level or status." Mila looked to her palm looking at it sadly, thinking about how she was just like any other ordinary woman in the world. 'There is no way that I can be the right woman for him. He deserves a woman with a higher status and greater background. Unlike me, I do not hold anything special for him to gain from.'

"Now, that isn't any way to put yourself down like that. You mustn't judge your relationship based on status or background." The elder man couldn't help, but see the similar questions that she had to his beloved wife. 'It is strange how similar you both are.' Choosing to tell her, he did not want her to miss out on the history of the Zameth Kingdom's royal family. "Do you know that his mother's mother was a commoner?" The elder man said, making Mila's interest click immediately since there was no history told.

"Really???" Mila walked closer to the old man who could see her curious face. 'I did not know that the woman chosen to be the empress here did not depend on their background.' Holding such curiosity, it made her feel the urge to know more about such history which would have never been mentioned in the Mireraweth Kingdom.

"She was a beautiful and amazing woman in this kingdom. No other could match up to her." The elder man looked like he truly missed her. 'If only she were still here, then things would be a little easier.'

"You must know the young lord's family well. I envy you." Mila walked along with the elder man who walked with her down the corridors that continued to hold portraits.

"Why is that?" The elder man did not know why she would envy him when she did not know the struggle between the families. He could never still fully forgive his son-in-law who had caused some trouble for his family.

"He has people who know more about him and his background while I only know so little. He's helped me so much that I can never seem to do enough to repay his kindness. I can see that he has a heart for people who are in need which is one reason why I like him. I want to know more, but I don't want our relationship to turn sour and frail. Furthermore, I'm afraid of never seeing him again if I were to ask any wrong questions." Mila held her hands in front this time while looking to the ground.

"Why don't you ask him or speak to him? I'm sure that he wouldn't mind that it is you ask. From a woman like you, I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't mind opening up to you about this sort of thing." The elder man made Mila feel confident and at ease with asking questions regarding ZH’s background.

"Thank you, elder. Talking to you about this makes me feel like I lifted a lot of worry off my shoulders. I hope that we can meet again and discuss other things other than the young lord." Mila smiled, holding his hand while giving him something at the same time.

"What is it?" The elder man saw a small pouch which he caught a whiff of. Giving off a scent that indicated to be related to something herbal.

"It's tea. I've been making some from time to time since I’ve been here. Since there's not much that I can do then I decided to make these. It helps you feel relaxed and at ease if you drink it. Thanks again!" Mila ran off with the elder man looking into his hand to see the tea pouch.

"What a strange girl." The elder man said but smiled remembering something from his younger years. "You could've joined the conversation." He then said with ZH coming out of the corner of the corridors. "You make this old man worry about you."

"You had to speak to her and come here looking like a servant." ZH didn't understand why his grandfather would show up at his mansion. ‘This old man knows that he could’ve kept his high title and dressed up like how he is dressed every day.’

"Hmph, when did you find out I was here?" The old man changed the topic, refusing to say any more than what he already said.

"Ever since you took your first step into my mansion. Your mana isn't hard to detect. I'm amazed that you got along with her." ZH then said with his arms crossed over his chest recalling a few young ladies who his grandfather tried to set up with him which never worked out.

"She is a very kind lady. She reminds me of your mother and your grandmother." He smiled looking at his grandson who looked away, not wanting to think about the past. 'He is still childish, but he will be alright without me to help him. He chose a very good one.' He approved of Mila since not only did she have an open mind and a kind heart, but she may be able to change something big in the future. Not only that, but he didn't know why, but he just had that slight feeling in him. Not willing to lose any chance, he figures it was about time that he returned to the palace.

"Do you need me to escort you back or not?" ZH looked to his grandfather who hadn't heard of such an offer before. ‘This is a once and lifetime offer that I will give.’

"I'm old, but I don't need to be escorted. I think you should hurry along to find her since she could be looking for you at this very moment." The emperor of Zameth left shortly after like a gust of wind with no need for help or assistance.

"Tch, the old man thinks he can come and go as he pleases." ZH sighed, going ahead to find Mila who could still be lost in his mansion.

***

Kate sat down patiently waiting for Mila to call her anytime which she felt as though time was flying too quickly. Not a single day did she think about when Mila would call her out which made her feel as though her age was already reaching her.

[You're still waiting for her to call you.] Vivian looked to see the fox that was no longer little. Seeing how her growth was finally reaching her with the amount of mana kicking in.

[Yeah, I’m still waiting for mama.] Kate sadly looked down to the ground that was nothing, but snow beneath her feet. Created by her element that she could now control much better than before.

[Well, she probably still needs to think a few things through at the moment. Better to not bother her if she is going through some sort of phase.] Vivian figured that Mila still needed time. Skye was currently resting to build upon her mana while she had been observing Kate grow.

[I know. I won’t try to force anything anymore. I have to hold myself back to make things easier for mama.] Kate did not want to make anything complicated for anyone like she did with Skye.

[Don’t worry. Any day now.] Vivian couldn’t help, but see herself like Kate when she was much younger and immature. She could see how hard Kate struggled when she was very childish. [You’ve been working hard for her the past few years now. You’ve taken your training far more seriously now that you are thinking about Mila. I’m very proud of you.]

[Really?] Kate looked up to Vivian who smiled looking down at the fox she raised.

[Yes, if I’m proud of you then I’m pretty sure everyone is proud of you. We can never be disappointed in you.] Vivian nuzzled against Kate’s head, hoping that there would be a day when Kate can find her true goal in this new life of hers.

[Thank you, Vivian.] Kate couldn't help but feel happy to have Vivian there to give her encouraging words. She never felt lonely since Vivian would always tell her more than what she wanted to hear.

***

Mila had walked around the entire place to not find ZH anywhere in it. 'I thought it would be easy to find him, but it seems that I have been sleeping too long to not know where he could be.' Resting a bit, she stumbled upon a garden and leaned against the tree behind her. She had reached the garden in ZH's mansion which was quite lively with the feeling of the wind once again in her face. Feeling at ease with the cool breeze giving her a fresh breath to take.

Looking around to see the people all working around in ZH’s mansion while the children of the servants and maids were all playing in their free time. It then reminded her of the time she had with Ambrose. She felt tears welling up thinking once again that he had long passed away. She had never even gotten the chance to see his tombstone or his grave back in Mireraweth's kingdom. 'Ambrose, do you hate me for not seeing your grave? I never got the chance to attend your funeral. How am I going to get the chance to do so if I can’t even go back to the Mireraweth kingdom?’

Feeling a warm hand then wiped away her tears that trailed down to her cheeks. She looked to see it was ZH with his attitude that was still the same, but she sensed that he was troubled by her tears. "Don't keep crying. The more you cry then the uglier you get."

"I'm not crying!" Mila wiped her eyes and looked away seeing how he only came to bully her once again even though she was just trying to find him. Then again, she knew that he wanted to be able to cheer her up from the sad thoughts. "Why are you here?" She sniffled looking away.

Feeling the same hand then holding her chin, ZH turned her face to look directly at him. "Is it bad to look for my woman?" He asked, making Mila feel her face turn red.

"Idiot!" She covered her face this time with her hands while ZH couldn't help, but tremble to avoid letting out too much laughter. "Are you going to keep making my face turn this red?" He stopped to kneel, smiling to see that even her ears were red. ‘He’s going to mess with me again.’ She mumbled in her head, hoping that it wasn’t going to be too terrible.

"No, I'll do this instead."

5