Chapter 120
69 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

ZH knew that it was about time to get up; he couldn't stay any longer in his room with Mila. Even though he wished that he could, they had duties that needed to be handled. ZH smiled, looking at Mila sleeping in the bed without waking up when he kept lightly rubbing her cheek while she flicked it away with her hand like it was a fly bothering her. Chuckling, he found her still amusing to watch while she slept. Opening his palm, he had a ring appear from thin air and land on his palm. Putting the ring onto Mila's finger, he kissed her hand. "Sleep well, my love." He soon left with Mila keeping herself cuddled in the warm blankets that lay on top of her.

Going ahead, he met with Theo and Noah, who patiently waited for him in his office. "Did you enjoy your little time?~" Theo gave a mischievous smile, seeing how ZH looked satisfied.

ZH looked at him, but if he had to admit that Theo didn't allow Mila to drink, then they wouldn't have resulted in that. "What's the current status with that woman?" ZH sat down at his desk, looking at the two. Going to the main topic, he did not want to talk about his matters with Mila since he did not want them to get in between them both.

"We've used the truth serum, and she had confessed that there was, but only one leader. They do not recall ever hearing about his real name, but he resides alongside the emperor in the Mireraweth kingdom." Noah said, sipping his tea which was placed in front of him while he sat on the couch in ZH’s office.

"Tsk! Always has something to do with the Mireraweth kingdom. They probably did something to make their curse already affect them." Theo grabbed a snack to eat that was on a platter on the table. “They brought the trouble on themselves.”

"How is the woman now?" ZH didn't know if her mind had gone insane now. He wanted to be able to get more information out of her if she was not insane yet.

"With the after-effects now, she is, after all, insane. There is no way to get any further information." Noah gave him the truthful answer, which ZH did expect sooner or later it would happen.

"Since she is insane now, then there's no more need for her. We need to find out who that leader of theirs is. Since he resides in the Mireraweth kingdom, then we need to go there and find him ourselves. He resides near the emperor, but many are among the emperor of Mireraweth. Any one of them can be the leader, so we will have to be cautious of them." ZH needed to try and find a way into the Mireraweth kingdom once more, even though he had left that kingdom.

"If he is one of the emperor's close men, then the emperor would know about this. We should keep an eye on them. They may be skilled, but their kingdom itself has been crumbling for some time." Theo was clear about how the emperor of the Mireraweth kingdom didn't care about his people. Yet, he had men working with him to 'manage' the people of Mireraweth kingdom. “This is getting troublesome for us. It will be hard to find the information there. This can cause a huge war if we go there as spies.”

"Theo, are you able to go there?" ZH looked to Theo, who shook his head since it would not be possible for him. Being from another kingdom, the Mireraweth Emperor would grow suspicious and could kill him, or the leader there could manipulate him like the children.

"I doubt someone like me can go there. We need the emperor's trust, and we cannot do that unless we are from the Mireraweth kingdom. That emperor would do as he pleases since it is in his kingdom. He would do all he can to hurt others from another kingdom which I fear he would not be merciful if one of our own went there." Theo sighed, knowing that it was the sad truth.

"If so, then I may have to go there myself." ZH stood up, looking out his office window, watching the calm morning. He knew that it would become a struggle, but he needed to find the culprit behind it all.

"What about Mila?" Noah then mentioned ZH, knowing that she wouldn't hesitate to follow him. “She does not seem like a woman who would let her lover run off alone.” Noah did not want Mila to get into a dangerous situation since it wasn’t safe for a woman like herself to get involved with such troublesome matters.

"..." ZH didn't know what to tell her, he knew that they had just truly mended their feelings for one another, but he had to end the chaos that was happening before it came to ruin them both. "Theo... Noah..." He turned to look at his two most trusted comrades that had stood by his side for a long time in both lives of his. "I'll be leaving her in your care. Ensure that she isn't harmed in any way while I am gone." ZH wanted them to keep Mila in Zameth's kingdom until he returned to be with her.

"If we can't keep her back, then what?" Theo figured Mila would be one who would never listen and follow her thoughts and ideas. ‘I feel like she will just fight us to get where she wants to go.’ Theo felt like it was going to be pointless to stop Mila if she went against them.

ZH sighed, knowing that it was impossible to stop Mila. He knew that she would never stop to sit and waiting since she found herself useless by doing nothing. "Then, let her come find me. I will always open my arms out for her." Thought about how he always followed after her, but he figured this time she would be following after him. It made his heart jump to know that she would love him that much to follow after him.

***

"So, that young concubine for my emperor's father is pregnant with his second child." Prince Leroy had changed over time with how his father grew to loathe him. He grew increasingly cold and distant, burying himself in his duties. His son was almost seven years old but had a different aura and attitude each time he went to see him. As time passed, he was getting tired of waiting for his father to pass down his throne.

"What do you wish to do?" One of his shadow knights remained hidden within the shadow, looking to the floor. Being the one to inform and follow his every command that he wished to have done as soon as possible.

"That child will never be the crown prince. They will never take the throne from me, whether they are born a prince or princess." Prince Leroy smirked, seeing how Lady Vita was from a fallen family, gaining the favor of his father's attention. ‘If you were your sister, then I would have done everything I could to save you.’ Confessing that he would only save Mila if she was stuck in his father’s harem.

Knock Knock

Entering his office was none other than his son, who held the same features as him. His son was almost seven years old, which he found to be the appropriate age to start his lessons.

"Father, you called for me." Prince Leroy could see how his son wasn't a weak child. He found it strange how his son could be cold and distant from the start, which worried his mother, Lana. Prince Leroy knew that it was strange for a child to act in that way, but that was the type of blood they needed for their family. Their royal family needed nothing, but the power to claim what they wanted.

"Luke, you will start your lessons and swordsmanship now. I hope that you won't be rebelling about it." Prince Leroy looked at his son coldly, hoping to see that he would not whine like other spoiled children. Luke knew that his father had changed with time since he was no ordinary son of his.

"No, I will do as Father says." Luke remained with an indifferent look. He left soon after, with Prince Leroy looking at his son leave without a glance back.

"Hm, his mother worries for no reason. He is exactly the child that my father would've wanted me to be like. So cold, distant, and... cruel." Prince Leroy figured he could use his son to take down his enemies once he was old enough.

***

Mila was sleeping and felt around the bed to feel that ZH was no longer sleeping beside her or in the same bed as her. Opening her eyes, she didn't see him anywhere but noticed a ring on her left-hand ring finger. 'He really wants to marry me.' She couldn't help but smile to know that he could possibly be waiting for a good moment or until the ruckus ended. Getting dressed, she looked around the mansion trying to find ZH if he was still there. ‘I wonder where he went this time. Hmm, he never tells me where he is going. Not even a single letter is sent to tell me. Doesn’t that man ever think about me and my concerns?’ Feeling annoyed that ZH would do as he pleased, she wanted him to be a little more open with her since she was the type of woman who goes, by all means, to find out the truth or secret hidden.

[Mama!!!] Hearing Kate, her little fox paws could be heard lightly pattering on the rug floor. [You are finally out of your bedroom!] Yapping and barking, she could not help herself from expressing how happy she was to see Mila was finally out.

Mila saw her three beasts running to her and rubbing against her, allowing her to feel their soft fur and feathers on her skin. "Have you all been good?" Mila didn't know how they had been without her for the past three days that she was absent from them. She had been cooped up in the bedroom for quite some time, and she had not been able to think about them to know how they had been without her.

[We were fine.] Skye chuckled, looking at her little master, who had been locked up in the room. Feeling as though it was more like an eternity since she last saw her little master.

[How did your time go with him?] Vivian then mentioned making Mila blush red to hear that they wanted to listen.

“Don’t try to nag me about such stuff!!!” Mila lightly hit Vivian’s side, while she just giggled, seeing how embarrassed her little master was about such a topic mentioned. ‘These two need not ask such questions. It’s not even safe to mention it when Kate is still around us.’

[You don't want to tell us?] Vivian giggled after, with the other two knowing how Mila would be embarrassed by such a thing that happened between humans who were in love. ‘Humans can be so easy to read if one is willing to observe them thoroughly.’ Vivian hoped that Mila would stay with ZH and create their future. She did not want to see them grow apart since they had been through many obstacles for many years.

[Love between you both is so adorable. If there is a possible chance, I wonder what the child between you both will look like.] Skye said, looking to see that Mila was blushing even redder, her ears turning red and her face. [What do you think, Mila?] Recalling what she and ZH had talked about that triggered him to continue their stay in the bedroom, made her feel regret for answering his question. 

1 Chapter a day or 2-4 Chapters every 2-3 weeks?
  • 1 Chapter a Day Votes: 3 60.0%
  • 2-4 Chapters every 2-3 weeks Votes: 2 40.0%
Total voters: 5 · This poll was closed on Apr 18, 2024 05:12 AM.
4