Chapter 6
942 0 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sara was with Mila, who was bored once more. Mila just kept looking up, seeing her little crib decorations. Today was her first birthday, she couldn't recall much from her previous life, but she knew that only her father got her a gift. She never thought about it, but she remembered he had bought her a small teddy bear. "Lady Mila, you are growing up so fast. In the future, I hope that you find someone who can treat you with love and care." Being reminded of how she was betrayed in her previous life. It had her remember such hatred towards her older sister who had taken the man she was arranged to marry, but she rather not fight over a man again. "I'll be back. I have to finish a few of my chores." Sara said, leaving while Mila was set down on the ground to play with her blocks.

Mila started putting the shapes into place with the circle and triangle. 'This is boring.' Knowing that it was for infants, she thought, but her mind was like an adult.

[Look at her!] The green orb exclaimed with excitement. Just looking at Mila was enough to stir up such little emotional feeling in her heart.

[She's so tiny!] The blue orb included another fact about Mila. They were comparing Mila’s small human size to their original beast size.

[She's growing up quickly too. In no time, we will be able to meet her, though.] The snow-colored orb had Mila confused.

Mila heard the three voices once more and looked up to see the three orbs floating above her. 'Why do they keep coming here to me? What is their purpose?'

"Who aw vu?" (Who are you?)

Still, with the lack of words, Mila could only say so little for the time being. Looking at the orbs, they were more shocked to hear her speak and try and ask for answers.

[At the moment, we cannot tell you.] The glowing snow-colored orb said, closest to Mila, who kept her eyes on the three spheres surrounding her. [With time, you'll know.]

Seeing the three orbs leave, Mila saw her bedroom doors open again. Seeing her father, she smiled, crawling towards him. "You look bored in here." He said, which he carried her in his arms. Mila, on the other hand, was starting to feel more comfortable with him around. She couldn't believe that she had misjudged her father and brother for the last lifetime. "Let's go somewhere where you'll have fun."

They left her room; Mila looked to see them entering a dark room. Duke Reynard had fire flames move from his hands to the candles lit the entire room. Hearing clapping hands and singing, Mila saw people that showed up with a cake at the table—seeing Leo, Sara, and Trivett all there for her first birthday.

"Happy birthday." Duke Reynard said, looking down to see Mila crying.

"Why is she crying???" Sara asked, thinking that the fire or they scared her.

Mila wasn't scared or anything, and she was just so happy to have her first birthday celebrated with those who saw her as necessary. Wiping her face, she hugged Duke Reynard. "Father!" Everyone heard her loud and apparent, which had Duke Reynard happier with shock to hear Mila. He held his head, seeing how she called him 'father' on her first birthday.

"Are you happy?" Trivett smiled and had his arms crossed. He saw how Duke Reynard would react to her calling him 'father' with clear pronunciation.

"Butler!" Mila didn't even know Trivett's name, so she referred to him as Butler.

"Being called that title makes it feel weird," Trivett said, sighing after knowing that he needed to teach her his real name, feeling sad that he didn't teach her when they first met.

'If you told me your name, then I would've learned it.' Mila felt annoyed that he would say those words, making it feel like she was misjudged or stupid. "Leo! Sara!" Mila said, pointing to Leo then Sara. She had been secretly teaching herself to say their names, so the efforts were working. 'Thank goodness!' That was their surprise for her first birthday, but Leo already knew she could say his name.

"Let's all enjoy the cake now!" Sara had everyone handed a cake piece while Mila had a small one. Being fed by Duke Reynard, Mila smiled, enjoying her first birthday with everyone that she grew fond of.

Leo has a small piece of cake in front of Mila on his fork. Mila looked at the cake and smiled looking at him. Spending the entire day with them all, Mila was soon exhausted and snuggled into Duke Reynard's chest. Falling asleep, they all smiled, seeing how father and daughter were getting closer.

"Everyone can leave first. I’ll take her back to her room." Duke Reynard said, leaving everyone to clean up. Taking Mila back to her room, he laid her down and tucked her. He took out a small light blue teddy bear and tucked it along with Mila, who hugged it in her sleep. "Goodnight, my little princess." Duke Reynard said, rubbing Mila's head then kissing her head.
***
Leaving the room, he didn't notice that there was a little girl who listened to everything. Vita held her hand in anger to see how well-loved her little sister was.
***
Duke Reynard was back in his office, "Trivett." He called again which Trivett appeared sooner than before.

"You called?"

"Don't look for them anymore. I do not want Mila to think that I am forcing her into a marriage in the future. She will have her choice for her future to be what she wants or who with who she picks." Duke Reynard said while Trivett knew he didn't want Mila to hate him in the future.

"I will dispose of all the information and papers." Trivett left to get rid of the papers that had the few future men for Mila.
***
Mila had been getting used to everyone with time. She loved the teddy bear that her father had given her. It was the same teddy bear he had given her in her previous life. Hugging the teddy bear close, Mila loved how soft it was.

"Give me that!" Vita took the teddy bear, which Mila tried to get it back. "Don't think that your special! You don't even bear the symbol of the Noble's family!" Vita had pushed Mila back down. Mila tried again to get her teddy bear around, which both tugged onto the limb of the teddy bear.

Without even knowing, the teddy bear's arm was then ripped off as Mila saw the ripped teddy bear that Duke Reynard gave her. Mila started crying, seeing how Vita wanted everything she had when they were not worth anything. "You’re so stupid! Taking everything that I want!" Vita left Mila's room, leaving the teddy bear and the torn arm. Mila cried and hugged the teddy bear when Sara returned and saw Mila crying.

22