Chapter 21
701 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leo and Duke Reynard returned to the tent with the rest of their family returning back home. The doctors were all outside speaking lowly to one another about Mila's condition. "How is she?" Duke Reynard asked with Leo concerned on the side, hoping that it was nothing too secret.

"..." There were five doctors but they were too afraid to say anything.

"Say it!" Duke Reynard angrily had his deathly aura surrounding the entire room. Looking to them all, he wanted a clear answer.

"Y-You d-daughter has b-been c-c-cured but...!" The first Doctor that spoke had passed out from too much pressure and forgot to breath.

"Well!" Duke Reynard was getting annoyed with how they were not saying anything. It had them angered to know that they were being delayed from the truth.

"She will bare a scar for her entire life." There was a sixth doctor who came out of the tent who was a woman. She was the last to examine Mila who was laying down unconscious on the bed with no sign of waking up anytime soon.

"What?" Leo stood frozen but Duke Reynard rushed inside to see Mila had a scar that ran down the left side of her face looking to be a blue color like a vine which indicated that she was poisoned by a water beast. Leo had entered inside to see Mila's face, feeling anger build up inside to know that his little sister had been left with a scar by the beast that attacked her.

"How can this happen?" Duke Reynard saw the woman enter back inside the tent to tell them the details about Sirens and their poison.

"The poison had been in her long enough, and you all should know that a Siren's poison will leave a scar even when you cure it since a Siren has evolved over time to enhance its poison within a prey to hunt for its food." The woman said and looked to the three family. "It's best to hide this matter or even hide her if you want nothing to do with public gossip that she will have in society. The scar will forever remain on her unless you can find the cure elsewhere."

The doctors all left dragging the fainted doctor along with them. Duke Reynard and Leo had taken Mila home as they laid her down in her bed. "Make sure she is tended to tonight."

Sara bowed and rushed into the room to keep an eye on Mila. "Father, do you think she'll be mad?" Leo didn't know how Mila would react to her face being scarred for life.

"We will have to see." Duke Reynard didn't know how his daughter was going to react, but he was worried that she would be mad at them.
***
On the window side of Mila's room, Jero stood watching how the entire thing turned up. Flying back to ZH, he flew and landed onto his shoulder.

[Your highness, the little girl has been scarred.] Jero said looking to ZH who smiled. [Is it a good thing?]

"My good friend, this is when we find out if she is like those other women." ZH smiled wanting to know how Mila would react when she finds out that her face was scarred.
***
Emmett stood in Mila's room, looking down to Mila who he was supposed to guard when he didn't. Sara could see how hurt he was to see his very own lady hurt. "Sir Emmett, she will be fine. From how I see my lady, she isn't one who would hold such a grudge and hatred towards anyone." Sara looked to him knowing how Mila was.

"Thank you, but if she can't accept her looks then I will accept anything she has to vent out on." Emmett didn't want Sara to be harmed in the process of it all.
***
Prince Leroy couldn't sleep no matter how much he tossed and turned. He knew that his father was again with his concubines while his mother attended a party that she set up. Hearing knocking at his door, he opened to see the maid that would always show up. "What do you want?"

"Your mother asked if you wanted to join her." The maid shook not wanting to enter any further mostly when she had been used by the emperor himself.

"Tell her that I have no intentions on joining her." The maid shook and took a hold of his sleeve.

"Please, she will hurt me if you don't." The maid shook and begged him.

Prince Leroy knew that his mother was demanding since she had been trying to set him up with a woman of her choice. "Fine, tell her I am on my way."

Getting dressed, he went to the main room where the event was held. Seeing his mother rush to him, "Leroy, come meet someone." Being dragged, he met with a girl who was the daughter of a Viscount.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, your highness." She greeted him.

"It's nice to meet you as well, Lady Lana." He greeted and wanted to just leave. Talking for a bit with the few guests, he left going to the balcony. Looking out to the night, he sighed looking up. He thought about Mila since she was fighting so hard to live. He had never seen a girl fight for her life nor did he ever see a girl wield a sword.

He found it interesting that a girl would wield a sword unlike others that just prefer to use their beasts for battle. 'Will we meet again?' He asked himself hoping to see soon.

"Your highness, would you like to accompany me to a dance?" Lady Lana asked while Prince Leroy just went along since it was just for the night.

"Very well." He took her hand as both started dancing the night which was like a dream to Lady Lana, but to Prince Leroy it was just a dance.
***
Mila found herself drifting somewhere, it felt like she was floating in water. "Where am I? I was in the forest, but where am I now? Am I dead?" She said looking around.

[You’re not dead.] Hearing Vivian's voice, Mila could feel herself get up. Looking around, she saw the egg once more and going towards it. [Mast-]

"Just call me Mila. No need to make it sound so cruel. Such title makes it sound so cold." Mila hugged the egg which was Vivian. The egg blushed of course with Mila smiling to keep her hug if it comforted her.

[Mila, when do you want to start looking for the others?] Vivian surprised Mila since she never thought that she actually had to find them.

"Where are they?" Mila asked looking to Vivian who knew she didn't know.

[I only know where Skye is so we will have to find her first. Skye will tell us where Kate is.] Vivian said knowing that she knew where to start.

"I cannot go yet. I have yet to grow up and be able to manage myself. I cannot just leave at this age." Mila said looking to Vivian who completely understood.

[I understand. When you are ready, let me know and we will find her.] Vivian said, which made Mila feel felt excited in anticipation of actually exploring the world to find her beasts. Vivian asked.

"Hm..." Mila never had a scar besides the one on her leg. "I don't know." Mila just kept it a secret as everything went blank again. Opening her eyes, she saw Sara asleep on the side while Emmett was also asleep at the couch in her room. Getting off the bed, she went towards her mirror. "AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

19