Chapter 31
608 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'll never tell!" The maid had charged forth with a set of air ability claws as Mila was pulled back by Leo while her father had taken his sword out, cutting the maid's hand. "Aaaahhhhh!!!!"

Hearing her scream, everyone watched the maid that wasn't a maid at all for the Mireraweth palace. She was an intruder who had entered inside of the palace. Women were panicking and screaming with fear and disgust of what they witnessed. "Arrest her!" Duke Reynard had the intruder arrested as he checked on Mila. "Are you alright?" He asked Mila who nodded not even fearing the scene of blood.

"I'm fine, father." Mila smiled while he rose up and looked to see that the ball was likely ruined.

"Your majesty, I believe this ball has come to an end. I think it is best that we send our families home while there is a meeting held." Duke Reynard knew that they couldn't overlook the matter since it would be an assassination attempt of a royal family which could bring disaster if Mila had died.

The emperor had everyone leave, Mila was taken with Leo back to their mansion with a bit of silence at the beginning. Duke Reynard remained with the rest of the main noble men. "Have you all interrogated her?" The emperor asked the knights who were given the woman to interrogate.

"You majesty, she committed suicide to avoid giving us answers!" The knights responded knowing that they could die by failing to get information.

"Your majesty, I feel like this matter involves-"

Being cut off, there was an arrow that flew nearly hitting the emperor's head. It was purposely aimed next to his head with a note attached to it. The emperor didn't flinch but he grabbed the arrow and took the letter into his hands.

Once he had opened the letter, his eyes grew wide to see what it read. "Your majesty? What's the matter?" They all questioned besides Duke Reynard who assumed that there may be another war coming soon.

"We must prepare for the next war." The emperor said looking to them all below who had no idea. The emperor had a shocked face to what he had read. They had no idea why until the emperor tossed the paper down as Duke Reynard took a look at it.

'One who starts war, shall have war. It shall begin soon. You have three years to prepare.' - Maedda Emperor

"Your majesty?" Duke Reynard knew that they had barely just finished their previous war. They needed more time to be prepared. They couldn't send the crown prince since they worried that he may not make it back alive this time.
***
ZH smiled seeing how the Emperor hadn't seen this one coming. "Hmph, let's see who wins this battle this lifetime." He had remembered that Mila was harmed. 'I guess, I should go see her.'

[Your highness, are you sure you don't wish for me go instead?] Jero asked him in their head.

"No, I want to go. Besides, we both seem far more compatible than it looks." ZH said jumping off the palace rooftop having Jero change into a larger beast size as he landed on him.
***
"Leo, what's going to happen?" Mila grew a little worried. She recalled that a war would break out but it was supposed to break out three years after this. 'Is this just a warning?' Mila was a bit lost since she rarely knew what happened in the palace meetings.

"I don't know. Don't worry too much about it." Leo left Mila in her room as she stood inside, alone.

Changing into more comfortable clothes, Mila wore her sleeping gown and then saw a cut on her neck, giving it no care. Looking out of her balcony, she went ahead to feel the cold air. Still, she couldn't believe how a ball could be ruined by an assassination attempt on her. "Oh, your still awake?"

"Kyyyyaaaaa!!!!!" Mila hopped back surprised seeing that it was ZH again. "Why are you here?!" Mila asked seeing how he then just casually jumped down onto her balcony.

"Is it bad to visit you so soon?" He asked getting close to her face. She obviously could only see the mask in front of his face which only covered his eyes. This time his clothes were just a plain white button up shirt and simple black pants.

"Don't just come here. My brother could easily just kill you since he doesn't like how boys or men just visit me." Mila leaned against the balcony rails watching the moon. ZH went over to her and leaned on it also while Jero appeared just sitting on the rail. "ZH?"

"Hm?" He kept his eyes closed listening to the wind blowing through their hair.

"Do you ever feel like there's something calling you out there? Something that is telling you to follow some sort of path or look for something." Mila stretched her hand forth as leaves were falling again to show that winter was coming.

ZH didn't think that Mila would have that feeling also, like they were meant to meet this lifetime. He thought that perhaps he was the only one being told that there was somewhere he needed go or follow after. "I do feel like that. Like someone is calling me to take a step forth." ZH smiled looking to Mila this time.

Seeing a small cut on the side of her neck, he went forth licking her wound. Mila jolted and had shivers go throughout her body. She moved three inches away from him. "What are you doing?!" She had her hands in front of her.

"Your neck had small wound. It seems as though you didn't fully block yourself that time when you were targeted." ZH said and smiled to her reaction while the wound had healed just a bit without Mila knowing. Mila sighed keeping her distant still with the night rolling around. "Do you want anything this year for your birthday?" He asked looking to her once again.

"Mmm, I don't really know. There's never really anything that I want now. As long as I can have a happy birthday, then I don't care what I get for my present." Mila surprised ZH once again, he couldn't help but feel drawn to her. She didn't see his expression and just looked at the sky.

"Come with me." ZH held his hand out to Mila who was unsure what he was thinking. "Come on, its your early birthday present." Mila just scoffed and took his hand as he pulled her forth. They went on the rooftop, sitting down on the roof with Mila clueless about what was about to happen. Mila saw ZH then grab a small stone which glowed from his pocket. "Watch." He tossed it up, next tossing a dagger hitting it.

Once it did, sparkles of light had burst in the sky for Mila to see along with ZH. "Wow..." Mila had never really seen it before but she had heard that they used it every year for the Sparkle Night festival. "This is a great gift. Thank you." Mila laid her head against his shoulder while ZH felt happy allowing her to rest her head on his shoulder. She had fallen asleep without knowing it.

18