Chapter 38
519 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Within weeks, they were the talk of the Mireraweth kingdom but the nobles found it as a joke that it was probably just some random group of kids messing with them. Mila was with her group, resting once more in some part of the foresting aiming for the next town that they could come by.

"Cotton, why do you want to come with us?" Mila decided to ask while Sara and Emmett went to find more wood for their fire for the night. Vivian stuck with Mila and Cotton didn't mind being with them.

[Ever since I was born, my family has always told me to never leave our home where it resides along with humans. We would eat some of their crops, but after that governor who we had just punished. He had his beast handle us all as he started killing us. He took our mana to become stronger even though we were the ones helping with that town's soil and crops. Now, I am the only one.] Cotton told Mila with honesty.

Mila could tell that she wasn't lying and that her feelings were sincere. "Welcome to the group." Mila had already introduced Cotton to the group. "Imma go ahead and sleep. It's been a long travel and we have to travel again in the morning." Mila said and snuggled against Vivian. Cotton smiled snuggling against Mila's chest making them all smile to have another friend.

'I have a family again!' Cotton said to herself with happiness, without even noticing it. Her tail had grown longer that was nothing but cotton.
***
Sara and Emmett returned to their camp blushing to one another for the recent event.

-Flashback-

"Sara, will you marry me?" Emmett confessed while he faced Sara. "I know we aren't in the best place to propose, but I would like to be with you forever!" Emmett never thought that being a man who was in love was more harder than a knight.

"Emmett! You say the most embarrassing thing!!! How can you all of a suddenly tell me when I least expect it?!" Sara turned away wanting to hide.

"Does it mean 'no' then?" Emmett didn't know if he was rejected or not.

"Idiot! I agree that's way I want to hide away!" Sara still didn't face him, but Emmett felt happy dropping the wood they had collected. Sara was caught by surprise to see how Emmett could be loving. Accepting his kiss, she wrapped her arms around him.

-Flashback End-

They couldn't exactly look at each other since they had discussed some matters with one another. They still held hands though since they had finally made things clear. They then smiled seeing Mila sound asleep near the fire with her two beasts snuggling with her.

"If her father saw this, he would be happy." Sara giggled seeing how cute Mila looked with her cute beasts.

"More like he would be jealous." Emmett chuckled knowing how Duke Reynard would feel if he saw his little daughter sleeping with her beasts. "It's time that we go to sleep as well. Don't worry. I won't do anything." Emmett smiled with Sara looking away in annoyance since last time they slept in a tent together he had left a mark on her neck.
***
"Father!" Leo entered into his father's office without knocking with the newspaper in hand.

"Leo, what are you coming in such a hurry for?" Duke Reynard had never seeing his son in such a hurry.

"Look." Leo showed Duke Reynard the newspaper which they were only written with the information.

'Two adults with a child have been heard to have punish them governor who has been increasing taxes and using townspeople's daughters.'

"Father, could this possibly be them?" Leo questioned wanting to find Mila still. He wanted to still find Mila and try to at least help her. Along with bringing her back home safely than to let her continue to roam the open and dangerous world.

"We still cannot go. The emperor has us on high watch." Duke Reynard looked to Leo who was confused on why they were being watched so much.

"Father?! Why are we being treated like prisoners?! What did we do?!" Leo objected in anger to think that the emperor would keep such a close eye on them.

"I'll tell you one day. Just not today." Duke Reynard knew that if he told his son now then he would march to the emperor for an explanation.
***
Mila had woken up first, seeing that Cotton and Vivian were sleeping close to another. Emmett and Sara were in each other's arms which she found adorable. 'We look like a traveling family.' Mila said to herself getting up, feeling as though they made that type of image. Seeing how the sun was barely up, she wanted to have a look around.

Going further into the forest, Mila saw how there were so many things to find. She couldn't believe that she wasted so many years in the past to not explore outside of her mansion. Looking all around, she couldn't believe that all of the plants and herbs were all glowing around her with the sun's light.

"Beautiful." Was the only words that she could really say or think of at that moment. Pushing her hair behind her ear, she smiled looking down to the plant below her.

Hearing the noise of breaking twigs, Mila looked over and tossed her small dagger which had stopped the footsteps which belonged to another child. Going over, she saw a child with short strawberry hair like a boys and aquamarine eyes. Looking more closely, they weren't exactly a child. 'A young woman?' Mila questioned seeing how she looked like a child but once you were closer than you would know her age. "What is your name?" Mila asked seeing how the young woman looked a bit injured.

"M-My name is T-Thelma." The young woman wore old rags which would belong to more of a slave.

"Are you perhaps a slave?" Mila asked but the woman had completely panicked.

"Please don't sell me! I'm begging you! I do not wish to go back! I can do just as much as a maid can!" Thelma begged Mila who couldn't believe the woman before her.

Going close to the woman, Mila had put her sword back and smiled. Holding the woman by her shoulders, "Don't worry. I won't. Who did this to you?" Mila then asked wanting to see if there were possibly more slaves out there.

Thelma couldn't believe that the girl before her was asking what had happened. Thelma was shaking and not wanting to answer.

"If you don't wish to tell me now then you can tell me some other time. Come back with me, if your capturer finds you then they will likely sell you again. It's best to not let you remain here alone." Mila held her hand for Thelma who took it.

Both made it back to the camp, Thelma shook seeing a man as she hid behind Mila. "Who's that?" Sara came up seeing the unknown woman behind Mila. Thelma couldn't see any of their faces due to mask that they wore covering half of their upper faces.

"This is Thelma. She will be traveling with us until we can find her a home." Mila smiled looking to Thelma who nodded behind her. Mila could tell that Thelma was still afraid since slaves were treated in certain ways by their masters or buyers. "Give her some spare clothes. We do not want to look to noticeable."

Sara nodded going to her tent and brought back some clothes for Thelma. "If you like, I can help you dress up." Sara willingly said with Thelma shocked to see such kind travelers. Thelma nodded taking Sara's hand. Both girls went to the small water source to wash up.

Once they left, Mila turned to see Emmett who had already prepared the food for them all. "Don't recklessly go up to Thelma. She's likely been through a lot so we do not wish to alarm her in any way." Mila advised Emmett who knew also, but he already had Sara so he knew to keep his distant.

"My lady, when do you wish to start out travel?" Emmett asked Mila who sat beside him. Vivian and Cotton still asleep together.

"Not yet. I want to ask Thelma a few questions." Mila felt her eyes filled with anger with how there were stills slaves being used now.

Emmett could see the anger and gleam in Mila's eyes once again. When she had that look then it meant that they were going to once again help someone or more.

18