Chapter 42
456 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This town is really nice. I've never been to a town that has so much people with love and consideration. This makes me feel better for what we have been doing to give everyone a chance for a better life." Mila sighed out of relief knowing that she was not making any little mistakes. Looking up to the sky that was turning orange with the sun setting for the day.

"Mila, how long do you think you will be doing this for?" ZH asked making Mila turn to come face to face with him.

She couldn't see his eyes but she felt their noses were nearly touching which gave a bit of surprise to see how close they were. Mila backed away slightly and smiled, holding his hand as they were still laying down next to each other soon after. "I don't care if I do this my entire life. Makes me happy to know that I am doing something for the people who were never at fault from the start. They were just given the wrong people and leader by the wrong ruler. I want to keep traveling to my heart's content till then." She said while ZH didn't think that Mila would really say all of that.

'Silly girl, I asked for a number. Not an unclear and off topic answer.' ZH thought seeing how Mila had no idea about her future, but she only had the thought to help those that she came across. Yet, it gave made him feel warm by her words that she did not think of herself.

"Let's head back. They are all probably waiting for us." Mila took his hand and pulled him up with her. They soon stumbled upon something that they wished didn't have to ruin the good day.

"The governor has been secretly stealing some. He makes it seems like we are the ones stealing it. He obviously does not work all day in the mines for anything."

Hearing that from the townspeople, Mila didn't think that Rustmount had issues also. 'What?! What is going on with every single town in Mireraweth Kingdom?!' She did not know what had happened, but clearly there were no town that did not have any issues in the Mireraweth kingdom.

"Tch! He makes it seem like he's been the one mining all day when it's been us who works and barely gets enough to support our families."

"He will get it soon. Just wait and see."

The workers were all leaving in a group while Mila peaked her head out from behind the tree with ZH doing the same, following her actions and movement. "Are you thinking about it again?" He knew what was running in Mila's head.

Mila grinned to him and wanted to just have a head start. "Let us find some information, shall we?" Mila held her hands towards ZH who sighed knowing that he couldn't reject such a proposal.

"Let's go then." ZH smiled holding her hand as they both headed towards the governor's home. It wasn't hard to find since it was well decorated with all of the materials of Rustmount. "This is the place." ZH looked amusingly at how the place was with Mila with him. "What's your first command?" Mila looked to face ZH who was waiting for an answer.

"First..." Mila had them both hidden, casting her spell once more. Allowing their cloaks and masks to change again. Mila was shocked to see ZH's mask which shaped out into a dragon. "This is a first." Mila stretched her hand forth rubbing her hand onto his mask which had the scales of the dragons also. 'I would have never thought that my spell did this.' The thought ran through her head which made her assume that the spell brought out one's soul form or so.

"You like what you see." ZH smirked seeing how Mila held such a surprised tone. She pulled her hand back down looking away. "How does that spell even work?" He then questioned seeing how the rest of the group probably had the same thing.

"I don't know. I was studying spells on my spare time and this spell randomly makes the masks and cloak designs." Mila said since there wasn't really much information about the spell or why it existed. It was a secret spell written in one of the books she read. The small letter it was concealed in was inside of the book as if no one wanted them to find it.

"Are we going to go?" ZH snapped her back to the main objective. Mila nodded and had them both head in to the governor's home, but they needed to find out what he had been doing this whole time.

Sneaking into the governor's home, they peaked at each side of the window. "What do you mean it doesn't exist?!" Hearing a man's voice, Mila and ZH looked to another and then turned back to see the man who was yelling at the workers.

"We've been digging for some time, but there has been no such stone known as the 'Dragon's Eye'." The workers said out with frustration.

'What? Isn't that just a myth?' Mila saw how such a stone would actually exist when it was only told that it was fake to children.

"It's says that your town is the one that has it! Don't try and say that you are not finding it! Unless, you all are just trying to hide it from me! I am the governor of this town and no one can go against my orders!" Hearing the governor say that had Mila feel her mana wanting to erupt.

Vivian gasped to feel the darkness that was within Mila which was locked deep in her heart. 'This isn't good. She mustn't seek help from the dark and evil that can make one lose their kindness.' Vivian knew that it was bad if Mila went the wrong path. She needed to avoid Mila from being led astray.

ZH flinched on the other hand and looked to Mila, he could see her mana glowing strongly but only certain people could see the mana of another. 'Her mana is just as strong as mine. Mila... just who are you really?' ZH was confused seeing how a girl like her would not have a symbol at birth to help with her mana, but she would have such strong mana.

Seeing Mila about to charge inside, ZH caught her wrist and had her stop. "What ar-"

"Shh... it's too early to take action. We cannot go in yet. We have to find out why he wants it." ZH could see how Mila was wanting to just go inside but he wanted to know why the governor wanted the 'Dragon's Eye' which was only in myths. He had not heard of it once.

"Leave! All of you leave!" The governor had them all leave his home. He went to his Champaign as he poured it into his cup. "How could they not find it?! They say that it lies here where it collects the most of it's mana. Damn it! I must find it before the emperor knows of my plans!" They heard him say which both Mila and ZH looked to another after.

"Why would he want it?" Mila asked with both making it to the rooftop of the governor's home.

"Mind explaining to me what a 'Dragon's Eye' is. What's the full story? I've only heard of it once." ZH didn't know the entire thing, but he had heard before that it held strong mana. The origin of the stone still needed more search done on it.

"It's supposed to be a myth." Mila said looking to ZH who still held curious eyes.

16