Chapter 46
451 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"My lady, do you sense anything?" Sara asked knowing that Mila was the one who brought them all there. They needed to wait and see if Mila could get anything.

[Help us!]

[Help us! Please!]

[Don't let them hurt us!]

[Humans!]

Mila starting clutching her chest, feeling like walls were building around and blocking her from finding a way to function properly. Huffing for air, feeling pain with her eyes widen. Coughing a little, she saw blood on her sleeve as she hid it away. "Mila?!" Thelma rushed over just when it stopped. Thelma didn't see the blood on Mila's sleeve once she hid it.

Mila couldn't help but feel her eyes watering with what she had felt before. "I'm fine." Mila took steady breathes with the rest still worry for her.

"I think we should rest for the day. Don't worry about going anywhere yet." Emmett had them find an inn to stay a night, maybe longer.

Laying down, Mila sighed since it was the first time that she had ever heard so many voices of many beasts. Falling asleep, she needed to find answers from Vivian since she was her only source of the beast history.

Feeling her unconscious mind, she had grown used to it. Knowing how to find Vivian, she walked through a foggy atmosphere. Reaching to the end of it, she saw Vivian oddly growing plants around. "I didn't know you can do this here." Mila looked around seeing how her mind that she shared with Vivian looked very lively now.

[Of course, a beast can create its own place like how you design your own room.] Vivian walked over to Mila who just stood looking to all the flowers that were strangely grown. [Why are you here?] Vivian was resting before so she didn't notice the voices of the other beasts earlier.

"Vivian, not too long ago. For the first time, I heard the voices of many beasts. All at once." Mila caught Vivian's attention which caused the unicorn to turn her head to look at Mila. "What does that mean?" Mila wanted answers.

[Hm, that's like one of the first time that I ever heard of such a thing.] Vivian went over to a small pond with Vivian making the water show something in it. [This is what the Messenger also experienced.] Seeing the figure of a woman also in it, looking to see that her face was hidden like them all right now. Beasts all followed after her like she was a goddess. [She had many who she saved during her journey. Traveling the five kingdoms, she then vanished not long after. Some think that there may have been something bigger that was wanting to be found. Mila, you may possibly have something larger than you think.]

Hearing that, Mila ran out of time and woke up seeing the ceiling. Thelma had fallen asleep on the desk that was displayed in the room. Mila sighed needing to find her own answers. Cotton was sound asleep next to Thelma on the desk which she was glad they were not following her.

'Sara and Emmett are probably on a date.' Mila smiled inside and thought of ZH. 'Are you still mad at me?' Mila saw how the night was with the elements of air. The towns were supported by the air element of the Maedda kingdom.

"Stop that thief!!!!"

Hearing a woman's voice behind her, Mila had her body react to her common sense. Pulling just her sword with the sheath on, she didn't want to be found killing a Maedda citizen. Hitting the thief who had walked directly in alignment to her sword.

"You b*tch!" He tried to get up but Mila took out her sword this time nearly getting his neck.

"Would you like for more than the sheath?" Mila wasn't going to give him any mercy once the Maedda knights came to take him. Mila had taken a lady's money pouch from the thief. Putting her sword back into its sheath. Mila saw a young lady wearing a full face mask who looked and spoke to be no older than eighteen.

"Thank you! May I ask who you may be?" The lady questioned the child before her.

"Mila." Mila only said seeing how the lady was likely someone of noble title.

"Well, since you helped me get my pouch back. Would you like anything?" She asked Mila who wasn't dumb to take or use nobility money.

"I'm fine. Please do not roam the streets without your guards." Mila left with the noble lady just staring at her.

'How can a small child like her know such advance sword skills?' The noble lady then smiled seeing how there could be something more in the Maedda kingdom that was happening. 'She's probably a traveler.'
***
Prince Leroy sighed looking over his paperwork which he had been stuck with. Looking out to the window, he could see spring coming along with his eighteenth birthday already coming up. 'Mila, it's been two seasons. Do you not think of me?' He thought remembering her bright smile.

"Your highness?!" Hearing his butler arrive, he didn't know why it was in such a worried tone.

"What brings you here?" Prince Leroy didn't think that he would rush to him.

"Princess Lana has fainted!"

Prince Leroy sighed knowing that he had to attend to her. She was after all the woman that every single noble and a official chose for him along with his father. 'I don't feel any love between us. Only comfort or company.' Prince Leroy went to the bed chamber that they used together. Lana was laying down while the doctor arrived taking a look at her. "How is she?"

"She is just exhausted. I'll be sure to prescribe her medicine." The doctor said while Prince Leroy thought Lana would be pregnant soon with his first child. It was after all what his father wished for. Depending if the child was a son since most were awaiting.

"How are you feeling?" Prince Leroy asked Lana who gave him a gentle smile.

"I'm fine. Just a bit exhausted from attending the Ladies tea party." Lana didn't want to worry Prince Leroy who had a lot of duties around the palace.

"Don't stress yourself. Take care of yourself for the time being." Prince Leroy hated the thought of using Lana when he didn't love her, but most nobility men would use women that way.
***
Lady Addis smiled sadly seeing how she was like a hostage in Mireraweth kingdom. "My lady, are you alright?" Her personality maid had asked.

Lady Addis nodded walking back to her room, she didn't wish to have Prince Leroy's attention. She only wished to keep her home safe by the time her life was up. Their family held a curse like any other kingdom did but it involved her life span. "I'm fine."

18