Chapter 48
416 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waking up, Mila yawned stretching her arms apart and feeling her bones pop to be stretched. Seeing that no one was around, Mila figured that they may have already gotten up for breakfast. Getting up and dressed, she started her way down to see that everyone was waiting for her. "Your finally up." Sara went over brushing her hair back a little.

"Yeah, let's go find something to eat first." Mila headed out with everyone as they made it to a little simple tavern. "Not too bad."

Entering inside, a man was tossed into their direction. Emmett held Sara in his arms and away from the doors. Mila had pulled Thelma on the other side of the door while the man was thrown out from a far distant. "Oh! Sorry you had to see that! It's the usual thing around here mostly when your customers cannot listen to you." They turned to see a young lady who smiled and was likely the one who had tossed the man out.

"You won't get away with this!!! I'll be back!!!" He said looking to the woman who had tossed him out.

"He'll be fine. What can I get for you unknown folks?" She asked with her small tavern barely opening.

They all went to sit down where the counters were built. Mila sat in the center with Thelma on her left. Sara and Emmett sat together on her right. "I'll have your special." Sara didn't want to make it too hard.

"I'll have the same." Emmett said after.

"Just get me a roasted steak." Thelma said next which Mila had noticed her appetite had grown well. When she first met Thelma, she was in a more worse condition.

"What about the little lady?" The woman asked looking to Mila.

"I'll have a special also." Mila didn't care as long as she got to eat.

"Alright! Honey! Three specials and one roasted steak!" The woman yelled out getting them drinks. "I'm Anne by the way. The cook back there is my husband, El."

"Yo!" He said from the back.

"Are you folks travelers?" Anne asked looking to the four of them. Cotton then got hopped out and onto the counter top.

"You can say that." Mila responded casually.

"Cotton?! You shouldn't be on the table." Sara didn't want any of their food to get ruined if her leafy figure got in it.

"Oh! What an adorable little beast. Here, have a cookie." Anne have a hand size cookie to Cotton who happily ate it.

"Cotton, don't forget to thank her." Cotton heard Mila and nodded. Cotton bowed to Anne who was smiling.

"Is she your beast?" Anne asked looking to Mila.

"No, she decided to join us when her home and family were gone. We allowed it and so far she is a great friend and family of ours now." Mila petted Cotton's head who purred in return.

"Really? That's rare to see such a creature follow you when it made no contract." Anne liked the little beast who was eating happily and had manners. "Here's your food!" Anne handed them all their food.

Before they could even get bite. "I said that I would be back!!!" Hearing the same man, they all knew that it was going to get messy. "Hehe... you can't defeat me now. I'm ordering you all to destroy this place and take that woman hostage!"

Mila saw how it was very unfair, there was six men that he had on his side against one woman and her husband. "Cotton, you know what to do." Mila held here sword taking it out along with Emmett taking his out. Cotton stuck close to Sara and Thelma protecting them at all cost.

"Miss, would you like this done quick?" Emmett asked seeing how Mila was radiating anger from her small form.

"Please do. I would like to get back to eating soon." Mila sighed seeing how her morning was getting rough.

Both Emmett and Mila emitted strong mana without using their beasts. "Who are you-" The six men were easily defeated with the one hit on each. Looking to the man who brought them, he flinched and crawled off running.

"They didn't even put up a single blow." Mila sighed putting her sword back. Both returned with Cotton sitting down still and knowing that she protected Sara and Thelma when the other two were fighting.

"Wow, I didn't think you were so strong." Anne smiled seeing how Mila wasn't a weak girl.

They had finished eating when they heard a few heavy footsteps coming in. "There! Those two were the ones who harmed Maedda citizens!!!" The same man said with Mila and Emmett looking at him.

He flinched hiding behind the guards who were obviously there to arrest the two. "Now hold on!"

"I will personally handle this matter." The guards had tied up Mila and Emmett while Sara and Thelma panicked.

"What?!?!?" Sara and Thelma couldn't believe what they were hearing.

"Just a-" Anne didn't even get to say anything and knew that she had to march up to the palace to yell out. "Hey, bring Cotton. She is going to be good use." Anne cracked her knuckles on both hands.

"Eeeehhhhhhh!!!!!" Sara and Thelma held each other not even thinking that Anne was like that.

"Sorry, my wife is always like this." El said blushing to remember their first meeting.
***
"Your majesty!" Hearing his assistant just come into his office. He didn't know what was going on to begin with.

"What?!" The emperor held his head in annoyance.

"The guards have caught two Mireraweth citizens that harmed six Maedda citizens!"

The emperor's pen dropped when his assistant said that. The look of death and anger was in his face. "Where are they?" The emperor asked.

Heading into the throne room, he didn't want any Mireraweth citizens to try and plot against him. Sitting on his throne, his eyes grew shocked to see the same little girl he had just spoken too in the early morning. 'What is she doing here?!'
***
Mila and Emmett had entered inside of Maedda palace's throne room. 'Let's see what this emperor has.' Mila just stood at the same spot where they had placed her next to Emmett. "Emmett, your alright?"

"I'm fine. Thank you for your concern." Emmett smiled to ensure his lady that he wasn't harmed.

"What did these two do?" The emperor asked with Mila looking up to him. He had the emperor's mask that was passed down for generations in Maedda kingdom.

"They had harmed six citizens of this kingdom! We were all just trying to have a good breakfast, but these two decided to start fighting with us." The man with the six injured men nodded with an innocent look.

Mila just stood not even looking at the emperor but the ground. Emmett also did the same, both didn't care since they were not even at fault to begin with.

"Are you not going to defend yourselves?" The emperor asked looking down to Mila mainly. Mila could sense his gaze on her.

Turning to face him, she kept her straight face. "What's the point if you won't believe in the words of a Mireraweth citizen." Mila had shocked the emperor who just stared down to her. "There's no point in telling our side of the story if there is no clarification." Mila could hear the men that they had beaten in a happy mood that they were not fighting back.

"Very well then. Let's just get this over with. Your death will be painless. Best to keep your eyes open." The emperor was about to remove his mask with both Mila and Emmett keeping their gaze on him with no fear of death. The rest had their eyes shut with the emperor about to take off his mask when an arrow shot hitting his throne rather than his head.

"Now hold on a second! You didn't let me be the witness! It was in my tavern!" Anne came up out from the entrance and smiled. Cotton had grown the vines which tied tightly around the men who were beaten and the one man who had called them.

"General Anne, what brings you here?" The emperor asked.

"You only say that after seeing me!!!!!! Teach your guards more manners!!!!!" Anne sighed going forth and cutting the ropes off Mila and Emmett. "These two were in my tavern eating. The man right there." Anne pointed to the one who had brought the men. "He wouldn't pay up his tab for a month now. He was beaten up and so he brought his goons and had them try to destroy my tavern. These two wanted to help and wanted less damage to be done in my tavern. Thank you." Anne said her thanks to Mila and Emmett who didn't seem to mind but nodded.

"How do you know I could trust what you say?" The emperor asked this time.

"Are you really going to trust the words of these goons or our 'enemies' that you call them?" Anne looked to the Maedda emperor who she had served back then until she got married and settled down. Emmett didn't have a single clue about the war while Mila already knew ahead.

"Which one do you think?" The emperor tapped the side of his mask where his cheek was.

"Your majesty!" They all turned to see a woman wearing a mask enter the room.

"Princess!!!!" Everyone said beside Mila and Emmett who just kept standing there calmly.

"She's the little girl who got rid of the thief! She helped me once! Also, I doubt that she and her friend there would ever harm anyone unless they needed to. They didn't even kill those goons!" The Princess sounded angered and looked to the emperor who was indeed her twin brother.

14