Chapter 53
377 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mila was hugged close to Aiken as they both landed onto something. Opening her eyes to be in shock that they did not land on another hard soil land or even water. She couldn't even believe that they were still alive, but they were riding a Wind Dragon. "Surprised?" Aiken was in front of her controlling the dragon with Mila sitting behind him.

"I didn't think you would have one!" Mila said seeing how they were flying high in the sky with the air around helping them move quicker.

"Don't overlook little things!" His dragon then flew off a bit dodging an attack coming from behind them causing Mila to hold tightly onto the dragon she was currently on. Mila and Aiken looked behind them to see the few Mana Hunters after them. "Tsk, they won't give up."

Mila knew now wasn't the time to just stand idle and let Aiken take all the outcomes. 'Vivian, lend me a hand.' Mila had Vivian remain inside from being found. It would be best to not let them know about Vivian who was likely the one carrying all the mana that the Mana Hunter's senses. "Don't breath in anything!"

Aiken didn't know what she was talking about, but once he saw the falling Mana Hunters behind them. He soon sensed that Mila was using a plant beast's sleeping powder. Making sure he sent his beast the warning also. They had managed to lose the group of Mana Hunters who were no longer after them.

Reaching the balcony of Maedda palace, Mila hopped down seeing Aiken. His men came rushing to see that they were both unharmed. "Your majesty, I must leave to find my comrades." Mila was about to rush out.

"Wait!" Aiken could tell how worried she was but Mila was likely being targeted by the Mana Hunters. "You cannot go out when you are being targeted by them. I'll have my close comrade fetch them to come here. It's dangerous to have you go out when they could sense your mana." Aiken pointed out too many good facts about Mila.

"Who are you sending?" Mila didn't want just any random comrade of Aiken's to go.

"Vere." Aiken called out with a man walking forth looking very formal.

"Did you wish to send me there?" Vere could see that his emperor was completely fine but concerned for a girl who was or could be their enemy.

"Get her comrades to come here. It would be best that you get them than to have her go all the way to find them on her own." Aiken left with the maids taking Mila to a guest room.

"You may all leave. I can manage myself from here." Mila had the servants all leave with Mila removing everything. Placing her clothes and mask on the side of the table where she could wear it after her bath.

Net had still stuck around and slept near the lamp which emitted warmth for him to stay near.

Finishing her bath, she wore a simple robe with a towel she had to wipe her hair dry. "It's been a long time." Hearing that familiar voice, Mila saw ZH in her room drinking the tea set on the side.

"Kyyyaaaaa!!!!"

Mila had her clothes on but angrily sat across from ZH who was still calm about earlier. "Don't be so upset." Net looked to see that it was two lovers quarrel. He just laid down witnessing the entire thing without a care to get involved.

"You saw me! How is that something to not be upset about?!" Mila grumbled seeing how infuriating it was to speak to him to at least knock than to welcome himself in.

"I don't get why you are so worked up. It's not like you have anything to show anyway." Once he said that the room had gone awfully cold.

"Z...H..." Mila was holding in a lot of anger to see how casually he spoke his mind to her. "Get out!!!!!!!!" Mila had him kicked out into the hallway not even caring if he was seen or not.

"Hey! Is that how you treat a friend who hasn't seen you for so long?!" He asked trying to get back into the room.

"Oh, it seems like a small lover's quarrel. I didn't know she was in that sort of relationship with you at this age." Aiken showed up dressed up as the emperor.

"We're not in that sort of relationship!!!" Mila had opened and tossed a vase towards ZH who caught it. She had slammed the door after hoping that they would all just leave.

"If she broke that vase then it would've been charged out of you." Aiken looked to ZH who held the vase in his hands.

*crack*

Aiken trembled with anger to see that ZH had actually broken it. "There, I broke it. Here's the compensation." ZH tossed a pouch of coins to the butler beside Aiken.

"You...!" Aiken didn't want to make such a scene as he took a breath. "Are you here to discuss matter or bother my guests?" He asked seeing how ZH had been amused the entire time he had been there.

"Why can't it be both?" ZH smirked and went along down the halls where no one of course knew how he looked like. "Let's talk elsewhere more secretive."
***
Mila felt her face still flushed red with what had happened not long ago. Along with how ZH could just say that to her. 'Just you wait! I'm going to make sure you eat your words!!!!!' Mila was sitting at the couch and was about to drink the tea. "Urgh..." Mila saw blood that had come from her mouth. 'What? Is this blood... from me?' Everything had gone blink once she saw it.

[Mila!!!!] Net called out never expecting it. He had gone to alarm someone.
***
"So, your the child who can hear the voices of the beasts." Mila looked around to see herself not in her room.

"Who's there?" Mila stood calmly seeing how it was no different when she saw Vivian in her mind.

A woman appeared from the shadows, standing beside Mila who knew she wasn't fake. "You get along well with them all. I can see why you were chosen to be the next one after so many years." The voice continued with Mila still trying to see where the person was.

"What are you talking about?" Mila wanted a better explanation for everything.

"For now, find your beasts for the time. It's not time yet for me to tell you anything."

Waking up, she saw everyone with a worried look. "Lady Mila!!!! Thank goodness your alright!" Sara and Thelma were on the edge of her bed with tears. Emmett stood behind them with concern since he was her knight but he couldn't protect her. ZH was sitting at the couch in her room with Aiken. They had all removed their masks which allowed them to be seen more clearly by face.

"What happened?" Mila looked to see how concerned they all were.

15