Volume 2: Chapter 62
391 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two years later...

"How are the details about the military and troops?" The emperor of Mireraweth kingdom sat on his throne nervous about the upcoming war that he had been ignoring for some time. Knowing that they were in a more disadvantage state with the last war that took more than what they had expected with his son being the only one that they wanted to avoid sending to the war.

"It has all been prepared. So far, we have settled it for now we are awaiting for one who would lead the troops." Duke Reynard announced with everyone unsure which son would go into battle since the Mireraweth emperor refused to send his son again since the Mireraweth Kingdom still needed a Emperor to rule.

'Hm, we still need the sole heir for the dukes since there are still many who are quite gifted. We cannot afford to lose the best gifted sons who can take over for their father to handle the Mireraweth kingdom. It will either be Duke Reynard's second son or Duke Garrick's second son who will go in my son's place.' The emperor didn't know which child would be chosen since it was not only his choice or decision to make. 'Duke Reynard's second son is nineteen while Duke Garrick's is sixteen. Which one is more reliable?' The emperor didn't know which to decided between the two since they were not very gifted like the rest of the duke's children. "We will place a vote between two sons of the Duke household. It will either be the second son of the Noble household or the second son of the Graves household." He announced with every official in the room to choose wisely about which son would go.

The emperor had everyone vote between the two which took at most three hours to decided since everyone in the room knew that both choices were not very special. Collecting the papers, everyone awaited for the vote to come in with results that they would expect. They had finally settled the scores for which son would go out to the battlefield when the votes were counted. "Between the two households, Duke Garrick's second son will lead the troop!"

It had shocked the people to think that they would send out a disfigured man to the battlefield. "Very well. We will no longer continue." The emperor left thinking that they would once again handle the war like it was nothing to be worried or afraid of. 'I wonder why they would all vote the second son of Duke Garrick when he is disfigured and mute.' The emperor did not know if this was all planned out by the officials ahead of time, but he did not want to care or worry too much about it.

Prince Leroy had barged into his father's room who did not think that his son would find out so soon about the choice they made. "Father, are you not going to send me to the war again?!" Prince Leroy couldn't believe that his father wanted to let another young fellow go when they had no experience and had no powerful authority over the soldiers that served under him. He had rushed to meet his father once he heard about remaining in the kingdom like a weak prince which he felt that it had effected his pride negatively.

"Leroy, we need a future emperor and you are the only one that this kingdom has as a heir who can take over for me. We cannot lose you in this war this time. That is why we have other sons of dukes to go in your steed and handle the troublesome matters that are pointless." The emperor couldn't believe how much his son would rather go to war than to think of the outcome if things failed in the end.

"Father! This is just absurd! You making me cower away is letting the peo-"

"You will stay here no matter what!" His father had shouted back to his son who he would not let go no matter what, his father even increased the amount of guards to keep an eye on him to make sure he did not leave behind his back.

Prince Leroy couldn't believe that he had to stay within the walls of the kingdom while his troops and men all went to war without him. "Leroy, you don't need to worry about the war. You only need to worry about your wife right now. Lana will be going into labor soon." His mother came up to him, making sure that he did not froget that he was going to be a father soon.

***

Aiken stood before his men who all had been preparing for the last year, they had all been preparing for this day to come where they would show that they were no ordinary or weak kingdom that stands idle and watch everything happen as it goes. They were soon going into war within a year which had them feel confident on their side, due to how much they had been working for it. "How is it progressing so far?" Aiken continued to look down to his soldiers who were all well prepared with a few beasts that had been sent out for certain duties within the army.

"It's all going well. We've gathered and prepared enough equipments and food." Vere had kept track of everything and wrote the entire collection and soldiers down.

'Addis, wait for me.' Aiken held one of his hand in a fist behind his back, thinking about the woman who would always be in his mind and heart.

"Aiken!!!!" Ai had ran up to meet her older twin brother who saw that his little twin sister was once again worried about him.

"Ai, why are you here again? I told you that you have to focus on your lessons." Aiken did not know what to do with this rebellious sister of his.

"You always tell me to focus on my studies! Why can't I learn any swordsmanship like Mila!" Ai was envious of Mila who had a lot of fun and experience to travel the world while she was stuck as a princess.

*Huff* "Go back to your room." Aiken did not know how to handle her anymore since each year it felt like it was getting harder and harder to manage her.

***

A woman with light brown hair and brown eyes sat down wallowing away in her young years locked in the Mireraweth Kingdom like an object. Addis sat down in her lonely palace with only one maid who came with her from her kingdom. "My lady, how are you feeling?" The maid did not know how her lady had been since they knew about the upcoming war between the Mireraweth kingdom and Maedda kingdom.

"I'm fine." Addis did not want to keep bothering her maid who had stood by her side since her birth. "The same as usual." Addis had been brought to the Mireraweth kingdom from Gririth kingdom as a sign of peace. She was the princess who had a higher position than Prince Leroy's current wife, but being abandoned in the palace was not an issue to her since she did not seek favor from the Crown Prince. She found it rather bothersome, besides, she already had someone else who she loved till this day.

"Will you not think about taking action?" Her maid then said, which surprised Addis to know that her maid wanted her to gain the attention of the Crown Prince of Mireraweth Kingdom.

"I have no intentions of bringing a child that wasn't born out of love." Addis knew very well within her heart, she refused to bring to child into a world where they would suffer in the royal affairs. "I rather continue this life of being left alone than to have my child despised and shamed because they were an enemies child." Addis knew the maid had good intentions but she had no intentions of going into a women's war in the harem that held nothing but drama.

"I suppose your right." Her maid just stood next to her as they remained silent for the rest of the day.

***

"Leo!" Hearing his name, he looked to see Luce had finally shown up after he waited about almost an hour for her to meet with him.

"Your late even though you were the one who wanted this picnic today." Leo didn't think Luce would take so long since she had been preparing so much for this day out.

"I'm sorry! I didn't think I would want to prepare so much!" Luce sadly whimpered leaving Leo defeated that even though she was late, he could never truly be upset with her.

"This will repay as the apology." Leo kissed her head and smiled looking down to her, seeing how red her face had gotten from one little kiss.

"L-L-Leo!!!" Luce rushed ahead first leaving Leo to carry the luggage with their meals, refusing to look back at him.

***

"He's finally found someone." Duke Reynard smiled looking out the window to see his eldest son who he didn't have to worry about finding someone for him. "Mila, when will you be back?" He asked thinking about her almost everyday, unsure of how she had been in the last three years. "By now, you've likely grown up to my chest or collar bone." He smiled to the thought of seeing her growing an inch or two taller. "Be sure to come back safely." He sighed looking up to the clear blue sky that indicated that the day was not going to be too harsh for them.

***

Looking through papers, ZH had sighed seeing how being a heir was exhausting enough. "Why did I have to get stuck with all of these paperwork?" He rubbed his head, feeling as though there were too much for him to do as the only heir.

[Your highness, how have you been?] Jero appeared out looking to his young master who was now sixteen with more duties given to him as he grew older.

"I've been better. It seems as though it may be time that I paid a visit to a certain someone after all of these years apart." ZH smirked tying his long hair back behind him. His hair had grown reaching the end of his waist.

[How long do you wish to be gone for?] Jero didn't know how long ZH was going to be gone again. He never informed his family or comrades of anything which made them run wild with worry that he would disappear out of nowhere. Knowing that he had always been a mischievous child since birth, it wouldn't really bother him besides his family.

"I don't know. Maybe, until I can give her a present for her birthday." ZH hopped out of his bedroom window since going through the door would make it easier to be caught and alarm his household. 'The war is about to occur soon.' He had just remembered at that moment that there was still unfinished buisness.

***

"We're here!!! Welcome to Asiradda kingdom!!!" Everyone could hear the loud announcer who was wide awake and alarming everyone who was simply touring or there for business. The announcer had been working for many years, helping tourists and buisness folks who had no clue about Asiradda kingdom. "Make sure to cast your spell before you enter the water region. It will be essential to pass through the water barrier."

"Mila, are you ready?" Sara smiled, turning to look in front of her with Emmett holding her hand. Thelma and Tim smiled, also looking back to the young lady who was leading them throughout the entire journey.

"Time to start our journey!" Mila had grown a bit taller with her baby face gradually changing with the amount of time that had passed, allowing her to grow up. She was about to be twelve by the end of fall that year, with her limit of time running out to continue her journey. Cotton and Net both clung onto each of her shoulder, while Vivian and Sky remained resting within her. She had at most a year left until she returned back home. 'Gotta make the best of this!' She shouted within herself, knowing that enjoying her travel now was the best option before she could no longer do so.

***

A/N: I guess this would be like the intro of volume 2 ;)

patreon.com/MAnonymus18 - For advanced chapters
10