Chapter 66
289 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I wanted to just call your name!!!!" Luce blurted out looking down with a red flushed face. It was embarrassing enough that she said it out to him. 'It felt nice and special that I was given the chance to be able to meet with such a good man even though my status is lower than his.' She knew that her status was much lower than his, but the feeling of being left alone again was what she feared.

"What?" Leo didn't get why she wanted to just call his name, he wanted a better answer to understand the meaning behind it. "Be more clear."

"Well, I wanted to just call your name, and you told me about what your little sister said before to you about your name." Luce turned away letting him see her back since she felt shameful for saying such selfishness of hers. He then recalled what he had told Luce about what Mila said to him when he found the right person.

"When you have a special someone or get married to them then they will be the one to call you when they need to be saved."

He held his head recalling that Mila had told him when she never once called his name for help, but he did not think that there would ever be someone who would actually be so special to him. Throughout the last two years, it had only been Luce who called him for help each time when she was in danger. "Are you perhaps, in love with me?" Leo decided to mess with Luce since she was too cute to not mess with.

"...Yes." It shocked Leo to see that she actually admitted the truth that she indeed liked him. "I've liked you ever since you told me that no one has ever called your name when they needed to be saved. Even when your little sister said that only your special someone could call your name." Luce mumbled the last word and was turned to face Leo. 'Is he going to hate me for being like this?' Feeling a bit fearful, she did not know if Leo would want her to stop calling his name.

"Silly woman, I'll be hoping that you take responsibility now." Leo had all of a suddenly hugged her into his chest, hearing his heart beating out loud and clear for her to hear.

"Responsibility?!?!? For what?!?!?" Luce was a bit lost since she had no idea what she was guilty of since all she did was admit her honest thoughts.

"For making this man wait at least a year for your feelings." Leo had whispered those words in to her ear, kissing her gently which had Luce surprised, but she accepted feeling tears stream down from her cheeks to know that she was not some burden to him.

'I see. I didn't know you liked me for that long.' Luce thought feeling their lips part as she blushed to see that their feelings were mutual. 'I was afraid that we were just friends to one another. I would have never expected that things would turn out this way in the end.' Feeling happy that she stayed true and honest to him with her words and feelings this time.

"I'll have us engaged and then wedded soon after. You better not think of being with another man during this entire time." Leo gave her a look since he didn't know how women were. He knew his mother, knowing that his mother was one of the best women when he was so young when she passed away. He was afraid of loving someone since he did not want to lose them like how he lost his mother.

"Who do you think I am?! I'm not unfaithful!" Luce whined seeing how he saw most women that way. She did not want him to feel insecure about her, since she knew that women and men can be insecure about one another. "You better not be the same as other men." Replying, wanting to make sure that he did not have any other women since she knew that Leo's father had multiple wives.

"I know and don't worry. I won't have any more women. I only need you anyway. You alone is enough." He kissed her head as she grumbled seeing how he was messing with her again. Then, his mind wondered to his little sister who he hadn't seen for almost three years. 'Mila, I'm getting married by the end of maybe next year. Will you be at my wedding?' He pondered, unsure if he would see her and get the chance to show Luce to her.

***

Mila sneezed feeling that the day was colder than usual. She had been getting sick from time

to time, and she hadn't seen ZH for about a week at most. "Mila, are you feeling alright?" Thelma entered inside the room with Tim who worriedly noticed her illness wasn't getting any better. Sara and Emmett had gone out to find a few things to see if they could find any solution for Mila.

"I've never felt this cold before!" Mila hated the feeling, but she had been wrapped in three layers of blanket and held onto them tightly around herself.

"It's strange. I didn't think you would be the type to get sick when we have been traveling so long." Tim didn't really think Mila would get sick after all this time together with them. "Have you been experiencing this for about a week now?"

"Mhm." Mila nodded rapidly since she hated the thought of being sick mostly when she still wanted to find Kate during their travel.

"A whole week. Tim, I find it strange, but I haven't heard of such symptoms for a doctor's role or perspective. Have you heard of any from a healer's role or anything involving my mana again?" Thelma had already tried every medicine, but none were of use which meant that it wasn't really Mila's body or immunity that was the issue. Mila was glad that she had a doctor and a healer by her side to check on her health. The best part around it was that, but both were a loving couple.

"There nothing so far. I may have to take a trip to see if I can find anything related and speak to other healers around here." Tim left the room with Thelma since they needed to find out more about the current situation with the help of the Asiradda citizens. "Mila, stay here for the time and don't go anywhere this time."

"You don't have to tell me twice." She sniffled and then sneezed wrapping herself in the layers of blanket once again. "Thank goodness that Cotton and Net are helping Sara and Emmett instead." Mila didn't want to be bothered by anyone at the current moment.

"Mila?!" The back of Mila's hair spiked up from the sudden intrusion and loud shout of her name. "You don't look so good." ZH had finally showed up through the window, seeing how Mila looked very exhausted and pale.

"What are you doing?! Close the window!" Mila shouted out, wrapping herself in the blankets feeling cold with even the smallest cold temperature that entered the room.

"Sorry, I didn't think you would be that sick." ZH immediately shut the window and went over to Mila who had cold sweat dripping down from her forehead. Hearing her sniffling and stuffy nose, he wondered how she got sick while he was awake. "How did you get sick?" He could feel her shivering body which was still small, but she had grown over time. 'I didn't think that there was ever a day that you would be sick. You don't seem like the type who would get sick for no reason.' He thought.

"If I knew, then I would've been better by now." Mila felt how it was still cold with three blankets. 'Damn it! Why is it so cold?!' Mila then felt her body lifted and found herself in ZH's arms. "ZH?"

"I heard that one's body warmth was good." He knew that humans and beasts body temperature was good for anyone who was cold. "How long has this been going on?" ZH wanted to know how long she had been sick like this while he had managed to get rid of one of the Mana Hunter's base while he was in Asiradda kingdom.

"About a week now." Mila couldn't help but hug him and feel his warmth that was indeed comfortable to be with wanting to let her headache quickly subside with sleep overcoming her soon after. "Just let me be like this for a bit." Mila shivered still while ZH held a serious look wanting to help her more than just hugging her.

"Oh my, is that little one sick?" Hearing a familiar woman, ZH looked to see the woman waiting outside near the window. Mila had already fallen asleep in ZH's arms, being unable to detect anyone or anything that entered into her room.

"What do you want this time?" ZH looked to her and saw how bothersome she was with every free chance that she had to bother him.

"I've been watching her for some time. I don't think it's an illness." The woman said, looking to see how concerned ZH was for such a young girl. "I believe it is a beast that she needs." The woman crossed her arms over her chest, knowing fully well that the case was rare to come across.

"How do you know?" ZH asked, seeing how she was telling him about it like she had experienced it herself.

"My family has been through it before. She may be lacking a beast that can help her with the cold since she may hold an ice element within her. If she doesn't meet this beast soon, then there is no hope for her life."

ZH held onto Mila tightly not wanting to lose Mila who he had known for almost his entire life when he never any intentions to get close to her at the beginning. 'Mila, I won't let you go and leave me alone in this place.' ZH got up letting Mila get closer to his body for warmth. "Can I use your place?"

"Hmph, you better not make any mess. I've heard about what you did to Aiken's palace." She said, allowing them to go and leave a note along with a location for Mila's comrades.

***

[Mila, are you okay?] Mila saw herself again in her unconscious mind that was enveloped with nothing but warmth. Seeing Vivian and Skye who were worriedly looking at her since they could sense her ill body that was currently suffering.

[Mila, your body and soul are really sick. It seems as though this may be a b it hard for you.] Skye didn't know how they were going to be able to solve it since Mila needed Kate to be able to endure the ice element that is trying to suppress the rest of her elements, including them.

[Me and Skye have been holding off the ice element that had been trying to take over your body. We will do our best to handle it while you try to find Kate out there.] Vivian did not want Mila to worry about them in her unconscious mind. If Mila were to die then they would perish with her, so they needed to handle the ice that was trying to envelope everything into ice.

"So, the ice element that I hold is still trying to take over or rather trying to kill me?" Mila looked to her hand that she rose up to see. There was nothing wrong, but she needed to trying and endure it until she found Kate.

[Don't worry. The ice element is still being held back, and we are not the only ones trying to hold it back.

"What?" Mila didn't know what was happening at the moment anymore.

12