Chapter 69
248 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[How have you been?] Skye went over to Kate with Vivian following behind to meet their long-time friend.

[I've been good. It's almost time. You've both done so well taking care of Mila.] Kate's body was a large fox form with a single tail but her fur was indeed coming off slowly due to her age. [Mila, why did you want to see me? I'm not in the best condition. Aren't you sad and upset enough?] Kate didn't understand why Mila would want to see her so badly when she wasn't in the best condition.

"I don't care. I want to spend time with Kate now and the new Kate later." Mila hugged Kate who knew it was useless to deny her little master.

[Alright, what do you wish to do now? As you know, I cannot go around too much with my little lifespan.] Kate licked Mila's cheek seeing how her eyes had been exhausted and filled with tears before arriving. [You've shed a lot of tears that I would never have imagined you to do so. In the future, do not shed for something like this. We live and die, but there is always new life in return.] Kate said that was indeed true. Her two comrades and friends knew it as well that that was true,

"I want to stay with Kate. Do you wish to tell me anything before it's all gone? I don't want you to regret anything if I am gone before you can tell me anything." Mila didn't want Kate to have any regrets before she had a new life and forget everything in this life.

[Hm, well. I think there may be something that I can tell you. Although, I do not know if it will be of much help to you in any way.] Kate wrapped her single tail around Mila seeing how small she still was. Yet, her tail wasn't even as beautiful as it used to be when she was much younger. [The group known as 'The Messenger of Beasts' has been rarely seen since it only holds certain types of people and beasts. For your specialty, it has never been known since it is gifted to those with a pure heart and mind that think of the people who suffer. You were chosen to be one to lead and have it since your heart is more concerned for the people and you love them when you have to link or connect to them in any way. Along with no need for using them for evil deeds like others who hold greed and selfishness in their hearts. You also have something that can change history. Even the sorcerer and God's followers would be able to imagine it.] Kate said which confused Mila to hear that from her since she did not know what was in store for her in the future.

"What do you mean?" Mila looked to face Kate who was smiling down at her little master who was still too young to understand the true meaning behind all of her words.

[In the future, you will know since there is still a lot of time for you to learn along the way. Right now, it is too early for you to start thinking about it.] Kate wished that she could've had more time to be with Mila and watch her grow, but she didn't have much time like her friends. [These two will take care of you and I will be taking time to grow and work on my mana since I will be weak and small. Even though I won't remember anyone, I will always know that you all are my friends and family by heart. Do not think that I will be any different from how I am now.] Kate was about to make Mila cry again when she had just stopped crying. [Don't worry. I won't leave you when I have my new form. I promise you.] Kate rubbed her head against Mila's small head. [I will surely miss rubbing my large head against your small head. I hope that there is a chance for me to do so again in the future.] Kate felt like there was going to be another chance for her to make those words come true.

***

"She's not in her room!!!!"

Sara and Thelma were in a panic since they entered Mila's room to not see her at all in the bed. Emmett and Tim didn't even know where Mila would leave and go out using the windows that were in her room.

'Should we just make sure that every room we let her sleep in doesn't have windows?' Both Emmett and Tim looked to one another knowing the question that they were both wondering about.

"What happened?!" ZH rushed over once he heard that Mila wasn't in her room anymore. 'Did she try to run away and abandon me again?!' He thought since that was how it went last time with her leaving only a letter for him to read.

"She's not here. She left through the window which is always her way of leaving each time. I wonder all the time if this is the correct way to raise a young noble lady." Tim pointed, then he went to where Mila was at the highest levels in the Asiradda palace. "It's so high though!!!!!"

'Sometimes I wonder if we are raising her correctly. As Tim said, she is a noble lady born from a high-status family.' Sara did not know if she was raising her young lady correctly.

"Don't worry. Lady Mila is her person. We cannot force her to do anything that she doesn't want to learn." Emmett knew that Sara was troubled and did not wish to see her in that state of mind.

"Thank you, Emmett." Sara knew that they couldn't force Mila to do things that they wanted her to learn or the way that she was supposed to be raised.

"She could've used her beast to fly down. Remember, she had more than one beast, one of them can have wings which is enough to get down from here at this high place." Emmett pointed out remembering one beast which was only Vivian, but he didn't know about the other beast that she had.

"When did she have another beast?" Emmett did not know at all since it was hard to know what beast Mila was looking for.

[Hey, we know where Mila went, but they aren't even thinking about us? Such cold-hearted humans. I can see why those wind beasts hate humans so much.] Cotton looked to Net who nodded, agreeing to see how humans were hated this way. They were excluded from the group and not even considered to be helpful for information. They thought they were until ZH glanced down at the two small beasts on the ground. It sent shivers down their backs which had the two hugging each other.

[H-H-He's a scary fellow.] Net hugged onto Cotton who also hugged him back.

[I-I a-agree.] Cotton was very frightened of ZH since they could never know what went on in his head.

Σ(°□°)⊃ Σ(°□°)⊃

Appearing out was a small Crested Eye Quetzal, it flew landing next to Cotton and Net. Looking at them, they felt shivers which they did not know that a beast could be like their master. [Have you both heard where Mila went?] He asked them both who nodded still a bit scared of him even though he was a bird and much smaller than Cotton. [Where is she?]

[She went to the Frozen Forest. She said that she would find 'Kate' there.] Net explained which Jero went ahead telling ZH while they told him.

[Thank you for telling us. We will be on our way there.] Jero flew back since ZH had summoned him to return. ZH went ahead and left, going to where Mila would be. Leaving Mila's comrades still confused and no answer to where she could be at.

***

Mila fell asleep next to Kate who curled her tail keeping Mila warm with the little amount of fur she had left on it. [Such a young one and she comes this far just for me. She didn't have to do such a thing since she could have found my younger new body later on.] Kate spoke out looking at the sleeping young child in her embrace.

[She wanted to. We cannot stop her if it will hurt her in the end. She had such a strong will to find you and here we are. It's best to let her have good memories than ones that are sad and disappointing.] Vivian agreed with Skye's words as they laid down guarding their young master and the entrance to the cave.

[She will be turning thirteen soon. She will soon have her life and hardships to encounter as she grows older. Humans have a tough life, mostly women who have to go through that stage to marriage with no choice but to follow. It will be a rocky path, but with those who stand by her side then she can get through it all in the end.] Kate was the wisest one out of the three of them.

[Will you not tell her that she may have more to find in the future?] Vivian decided to bring up that topic since there were more than Mila didn't know about.

[No, they will find her this time. If its fate, then they will find her and accept her or not.] Kate knew that the three of them were her main beasts to find since they were the strongest to fully manage her mana in her body. [Her mana is the most important thing right now to equal out. It's good that someone was willing to share it with her this time.]

[Who?] Skye questioned not even realizing that there was another link connected to Mila which they grew worried that that person or being had ill intentions towards their young lady.

[It seems as though they are very strong fellows. They are willing to accept her and the hardships that await them on the tough road.] Kate smiled, feeling relieved that there was someone who would stand beside her when the time was just right. [Just in time.] Kate looked to the entrance where they saw a fellow young man who held lavender grey hair with a mask covering his eyes from being seen.

"Mila..." He said, which woke up Mila to hear his voice.

"Hm... ZH?" Mila yawned, looking to see that it was getting dark with the day ending.

ZH rushed over to her and hugged her tightly into his chest. "You idiot! Do you know how worried everyone is?!" He was angry that Mila left without telling them anything in advance. Mila hugged him back knowing that he would worry for her since he had been her long-time best friend for the longest than any other who she had befriended. Thinking back to how they first met through his little bird that flew into her garden.

"Thank you for always being there for me. You are truly the only best friend that I could ever ask for." Mila said, knowing how he would be the first one to look for her this far out. She even knew that out of everyone she knew, he would be the only one that would know where she had gone. Even going as far as asking the other beasts about her whereabouts. Her mind then wandered to Cotton and Net who could've been threatened into telling the truth to ZH. 'I feel bad for those two. I will have to be sure to apologize to both of them for being involved.' She sighed in her mind, knowing that the two small beasts would start panicking and yelling at her.

9