Chapter 71
241 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[My... name?] The little beast had already made a contract with Mila ever since it had been in the egg by the previous Kate. The little fox had no idea what her name was but only heard the name Kate from the young woman in front of her. There was no need to have the contract start all over again from the beginning.

"Kate. Your name is Kate." Mila hugged the little fox that snuggled against her chest warmly with her heart beating with comfort. "My little Kate." Mila cried, seeing and thinking of it as a miracle with how Kate came to be and remained by her side once again. 'So this is what everyone always meant when they say that the birth of a new life was always a miracle.' Mila recalled her last lifetime that everyone was having a child here and there while she continued to age on with none. Telling her that it was a miracle to have a child with their one and only lover even though many women that she knew were sharing the same man which she had no intentions of sharing hers. It was the same with the birth of a beast since she had no children of her own, but it still felt similar. She didn't even know if there was ever going to be a chance for her to have children in this lifetime but there was still a little tug of hope in her.

After a while, Mila only saw her vision blur with her body falling over, indicating that she had fainted with ZH rushing over to catch her before she fell on the ground. "Mila?! Mila?!" He didn't notice that she had been bleeding from her leg, which must've been from the Mana Hunters when they were chasing after her. Carrying her, they had taken Mila back to her room where she was being healed and bandaged by the doctors and healers who were summoned personally by ZH.

Kate was now a baby beast that knew nothing about her past life nor any knowledge about those around her which she had decided to lay down on the bed next to Mila. She watched Mila who was sound asleep while the other two large beasts stayed in her room guarding her while she rested, still feeling a bit wary of the Mana Hunters who could still be trying to catch her.

[We need to wait now. Things didn't go as they should have, but Kate is now here with us while Mila needs time to recuperate.] Skye laid down on the floor with Vivian in the room standing up and looking at her.

"I'll be back. I have to settle some scores with those bastards." ZH left the room with a deadly aura that allowed every beast around to sense its dangerous killing intent.

[When will mama wake up?] Skye and Vivian became wide-eyed shocked looking at the little Kate who was close to tears and whimpering beside the sleeping Mila in the bed.

[I-I-I heard correctly, r-r-right?] Vivian looked at Skye for clarification since she hoped that her ears were not getting too old. Skye nodded since she did not want to be the only one with hearing issues for their age. They were still considered to be young adults in their beast years.

[Yep, it was 'mama'.] Skye didn't know how they were going to explain to Kate that Mila was their master, not her mother. [Umm... Kate...] Skye did not want to break the heart of a little beast who was recently born not too long ago. Yet, the little young Kate was already filled with ideas and knowledge that exceeded further than average young beasts.

[Papa will be sure to beat the bad who make mama cry!] Kate shouted out, with her tails wagging behind her rapidly with excitement.

Hearing nothing but more nonsense, both Skye and Vivian felt like their whole senses broke with a crack in the background. [There's no way we can tell her now.] Skye huffed out a breath, being sure to tell Mila about the whole situation with Kate. [I can see why Kate struggled with you and me growing up.] Skye then looked to Vivian who smiled since she was quite the childish beast back in their younger years.

[Who's the little fox?] Cotton was the first to speak with Net following after her. Both entered Mila's room with curiosity at the little new beast that just joined them.

[She's Kate. Mila's-]

[Are you all mama's friends?] Kate said, shocking both Cotton and Net who had their jaws dropping open and eyes wide. They were both left speechless with no sentence that they could form or think about to ask.

Σ(°ロ°) Σ(°ロ°)

[It's impossible to change her mindset at this point since she mentions it or refers to it so much in this way.] Skye knew how Kate was and she would never change her words or mind when it already happened before anyone could explain it to her.

[We can only accept this.] Vivian told them all since it couldn't be helped in the end. Vivan and Skye knew how Kate's mind worked, it was not easy to convince her.

***

Making it to the prison cells, ZH had gone to the woman who had harmed Mila the most during the entire chase. He stabbed her hand making her wail in pain which she would have never expected for the young man to be violent.

"Aaacccckkkkkk!!!!!!"

"That's for harming what is mine," ZH said, with a deadly gaze and tone that could easily make one beg for their death from any other but him.

"ZH, if you wanted to just torture them then leave. This is not some prison cell that you can easily come into and torture as you please. We have to find out more about the Mana Hunters at the current moment." Kayla said, as one of the hunters attempted to escape and knocked Kayla's mask off since it wasn't enchanted like any other.

ZH knew what that meant and hurriedly looked away along with the rest of the guards who knew that it only meant death if one were to see her face. The hunter was the only one who didn't look away and screamed to see what he had witnessed.

"Aaaahhhhhh!!!!!! Monst-!!!!!"

They heard the sound of a sword, slitting the man's throat which they all waited for Kayla to put her mask back on before they could turn around. "So troublesome. If only you didn't knock my mask down, then you would still be alive. You all can look now." Kayla had put her mask back on with every other soldier looking back at her. "Such a dreadful curse that runs in this kingdom. Hmph, looking like a monster by morning, but another by night." Kayla hated the curse that was bestowed on her family which felt rather suffering for her.

***

Mila had been sound asleep for some time, she then mumbled and groaned, waking up to see the same bed frame as her guest room in the Asirrada Palace. Seeing that the sun was still up or rather it may have already been the next day. Looking to the side, she saw little Kate sleeping soundly beside her on the bed.

Looking to see something else, she smiled seeing her group of people all sleeping in her room on the ground. Emmett and Sara were snuggled next to each other with a blanket covering them both. Tim and Thelma snuggled with another with a blanket also covering them. Skye, Vivian, Cotton, and Net all snuggled together almost like a ball. 'You all are a miracle to me. How did I get blessed with such good people and beasts like you all?' Feeling her eyes start to water again, she did not know how much she had shed within the time that she had been traveling.

Kate had woken up, getting up and rushing over to Mila's side. [Mama, your finally awake.] She happily wagged her tails behind her, looking up to Mila who she saw as her mother.

"Eh???" Mila didn't know what had just happened or what Kate just referred to her as. 'M-Mama???' Mila had to calm her mind before she woke up everyone in the early morning. 'It's fine. She's still a baby so it won't be bad. Just breathe Mila. Just breathe.' Continuing to calm herself down, she did not want to start yelling or screaming this early.

Mila left her room with her warm coat even though she was still in her nightgown. Holding Kate in her arms, both looked at the sun that was coming up from the garden bench that they sat on. "You woke up early." ZH came up and sat next to Mila on the bench that was facing the sun coming up in their direction. "How are you feeling?" ZH laid his palm onto her forehead, still concerned about her since the doctor mentioned that she could have a fever with a wound if it wasn't handled properly.

"I'm good. Thank you very much, ZH. Everything that you've been doing for me has been nothing but out of pure kindness. I will surely repay you in the future." Mila looked to him with determination to repay him in some way.

"Ohhh~, I'll be looking forward to it then," ZH said and patted Kate's little small head since the little fox was sitting down onto Mila's lap.

[Papa!] Kate shouted out with pure joy and excitement since he was the second person that she was next to Mila when they came to find her. She had imprinted directly onto Mila and ZH, seeing that they were the only ones that held such a strong connection to her from their mana and auras.

Both Mila and ZH paused looking down at the little Kate with what she just said at that moment. "Kate?! He's not your f-" Mila stopped with what she was about to say, still thinking that ZH didn't know or understand so she didn't say the word. ZH just looked like he was curious about what Kate said when he knew exactly what the little fox said.

"Did she say something about me?" ZH decided to have fun and tease Mila for a bit.

"Nothing! She said nothing!" Mila had no intentions of telling ZH when it felt rather embarrassing enough that things turned out this way.

[Mama, I said papa. He is my papa!] Kate kept trying to tell Mila and nag on that ZH was her father while Mila was her mother.

Mila didn't know how this happened since the old Kate had a more different type of mindset that was more mature with words coming from Kate which she assumed would be the same but now this new Kate was very innocent and childish which made her think of ZH's type of mischievous words and teasing. "Please excuse me! We'll meet again at breakfast!" Mila rushed off red-faced with Kate in her arms.

[Mama, why are you leaving papa?] Kate started to nag and whine again, trying to get out of Mila's hold to run up to ZH. [Mama!!! I wanna stay with Papa!]

'This Kate is much too different!!! How did this happen?!?!?!' Mila thought, making it back to her room and snuggling into her bed while leaving Kate for the other beasts to handle for the rest of the day.

***

ZH was smiling to think that Kate would call him 'papa' while Mila was called 'mama'. "She is a sweet one this time." ZH couldn't help but think about how far they had come and Mila was still clueless about his feelings for her.

"You're in a good mood." Kayla saw ZH who was whistling around in the garden when the sun was barely coming up.

"I'm in a really good mood." He smiled, walking back to his room.

"Young ones. Sometimes, I wonder how it all works out in the end for them when they reach adulthood." Kayla walked back to her room to get some rest for the day.

8