Chapter 74
240 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waving goodbye to the townspeople, they had left after eating their fill with Mila's little beast friends all sadly waving to the children. "If you two want to stay then you can." Mila offered the two to stay if they wanted since there was no one stopping them.

[No! Mila is where we belong!] Cotton and Net both shouted at the same time, looking up to Mila who gave them both a small smile. Knowing that they would both refuse to leave her side at this point.

"Alright then. The offer was used up. We're almost home." Mila sighed, feeling exhausted with her hair still covering her left side of the face that held the scar of hers. She no longer felt bothered by her hair that covered half of her face since it hid a lot under it which she had grown comfortable with.

"Mila, are you feeling alright? I've noticed that you have some bags under your eyes." Thelma could already see it which made her worry about Mila who had been struggling to sleep for some time.

"I'm fine. Maybe, I'm just too excited that I can't wait to see everyone." Mila didn't want to make them worry since they came a long way with her and knew her condition better than anyone else. "Tim, are you alright with working under the Noble household? We usually don't have any healers, to be honest." Mila decided to change the topic and see if Tim would mind or not.

"Then, it means that there's an open spot for me. As I said, I already pledge my loyalty to you and I have Thelma here, so I won't leave her side." Tim said looking to Thelma who looked away blushing. "Although, I do wish to ask for another thing."

"Ask away." Mila wondered what Tim wanted to ask for.

"I would like to open up my very own clinic. It'll also be where I and Thelma will live, and you can just summon for me when necessary." Tim didn't want to live in such a mansion when it already had a lot of servants, maids, and knights living there.

"Alright, then I'll still be hoping for good results in the future for the clinic. If you know what I mean." Mila made all the adults there blush since they knew exactly what Mila meant. Thelma and Tim looked at one another which she blushed to see how Tim held a look that he was not going to let the results fail which Mila also saw the look between the two. "Get a room," Mila said and looked at them both giving her a dagger gaze soon after. "Besides, Emmett and Sara will get married. When will you both get married?" Mila then asked Tim and Thelma who were currently still only a couple. "At least get engaged." Mila brought up for both to start making a move rather than to wait so long. "Tim, you are not getting any younger."

"M-My lady... please don't remind me." Tim felt a bit hurt that Mila would call him old when men around his age would already have kids.

"It's true. You and Thelma are ten years apart. You're thirty and she is twenty. I will keep reminding you if I have to!" Mila didn't understand why Tim was waiting so long since she found out that he was like one of the last men to get married this late.

"Tim, I didn't know you were older than me." Emmett was shocked since he was only twenty-eight which is only two years apart from one another. "I thought that between the two of us. I was the older one, but I guess I am still young." Emmett held a conceited look.

"Shut up!" Tim looked to Emmett who was bragging about his young age. "At least I still look young. You look older than me." Both Tim and Emmett were staring daggers at each other since they knew how to push each other buttons at certain times.

"Well, I'll be hoping that Emmett and Sara have a kid before you and Thelma then," Mila said, walking ahead of everyone ignoring their gazes that were all on her.

"Mila!!!" The four of them yelled out to her while Mila stuck her tongue out to them with Kate, Cotton, and Net all running after her to avoid the couple.

She couldn't feel much happier once she reached a cliff and saw the Mireraweth palace that stood out the most out of every other building in the Mireraweth kingdom. Her home resided near the Mireraweth palace since her father was one of the four dukes that worked alongside the Mireraweth Emperor. Feeling the wind pushing towards her face, she never felt happier to see that she was almost home.

***

"Luce, what are you doing?" Leo looked to see Luce was lost in her thoughts once again like she had something bothering her recently.

"Hm? Oh, sorry. I just feel like we are being followed." Luce looked around trying to figure things out since she felt like someone had been stalking her for some time.

Leo took Luce by the hand as they went into a carriage. "If anyone tries to hurt you then I won't allow it. They will have to go through me before going after you." Leo looked angrily outside then to Luce who was still looking a bit unsettled. "You can stay at my place until you feel that it is safe."

"No, It's not appropriate for us to be together before the wedding. I'll be fine. It just feels like I am being followed." Luce hated the thought, but she felt as though she had been followed for the past few weeks ever since she and Leo announced their upcoming wedding this year. Feeling the engagement ring that Leo had given her, it represented Noble's family symbol.

Leo noticed how she was unsettled still with her habit of messing with things in her hand when she was feeling uncertain or worried. "I won't let anyone hurt you. I'll be sure to come by here and there to check on you. I'll make time in my schedule to come and check up on you. Don't hesitate to inform me ahead. Don't cause any trouble in the meantime." Leo kissed her head, seeing how Luce was still shy when he expressed his affection. Yet, she would be able to calm down every once in a while with his love and comfort for her.

She had been dropped off at home where he walked her back to her door first. "Thank you, Leo." Luce smiled seeing how kind Leo was to her every single time ever since they first met and now their wedding that would take place soon.

***

Mila had made it to the town where her home was, it was no surprise for her, recalling all the places that were still around. Looking around, it was still the same as it was three years ago, nothing had changed within the three years that she had been gone. "This place is still the same as I remembered it." She couldn't believe that she was finally back.

"Do you want to go somewhere first before going back home?" Emmett could tell that Mila didn't want to go home yet. He always knew that Mila had to venture around a little longer before returning home.

"All of you guys go, hang out first, and go on your dates for the time being! I want to hang out with these little fellows! Make the best of it before you get too busy once we get home! Let's not regret any moment! We will meet here in a few days!" Mila had run off, leaving the couples together while she took Cotton, Net, and Kate all to hang out and explore the town with them. They all couldn't follow her since Mila had been independent on her own without their help since the beginning. They were also not worried since Mila knew her way around the Mireraweth kingdom without their help. Likewise, they all just smiled seeing how she preferred not to depend on anyone.

Buying food from the stalls, Mila bought each for her three friends that stuck with her. [Mila, I smell a familiar scent to you.] Cotton was sniffing the air which she knew the scent was too alike. [Is it an imposter posing as you?!] Cotton was already jumping to thoughts that made her and Net very suspicious and wary of the new town that they were in.

"Are you sure? Where do you smell it?" Mila started questioning, she had heard before that beasts have a very sharp sense more than humans who tend to lack it. 'Can this person be an imposter posing as me or...'

[By that little café over there.] Cotton had Mila look to see none other than Leo, her lips had curved up.

"Leo?" Mila ran hiding from Leo before he saw her. 'I cannot let myself get caught yet. I want it to be a surprise when I see him.' Mila did not want to meet him just yet and get dragged back home when she still wanted a little more freedom.

[Mila, do you know him?] Net then asked, looking to see how she just hid away. [Is he probably someone who is chasing after you and trying to harm you in some way?!] Net was now the next one jumping to thoughts like Cotton did not too long ago. Yet, Cotton was also having the same thoughts as Net at that moment with the unknown man that Mila knew at first glance.

"He's my older brother, but I cannot meet with him, yet," Mila said, looking at the three who were sticking close to her. Cotton and Net then saw his eyes which were very much similar to Mila's with the dark cyan color. They didn't even think about how they could be related since it could explain why their scents were so similar.

[Why not?] Net then asked while Mila took a peek. [Do you have some family drama that is going on which is why you avoid h-]

"He's with a woman!" Mila had cut Net off from speaking since she couldn't help but feel happy that her brother wasn't alone while she was gone. 'He must have found a very interesting and amazing woman. I have to know who she is and what she does!' Mila had a new determination now that she had returned to see that her older brother had a woman that he fancied.

[Does that mean that he is going to get married soon?] Kate asked, looking at the man who had the same dark cyan eyes as Mila.

"I think so." Mila saw how the woman held no ill intentions towards her older brother, preferred not to wear anything eye-catching, so she was likely a good person in Mila's eyes. "I need to keep an eye on her." Mila wanted to watch to see if the woman that her brother was with was indeed good or not since appearance itself cannot be one to be judged for. 'I got a few free days to see her behavior and judge!'

Mila decided to stalk her and found that her name was Luce Kinney. The daughter of a famous business jewelry owner who does well with his fine jewelry and contracts that he always managed to get done with. Watching her from afar, Mila had noticed that there were unknown men following Luce around. "Tsk, I come back as some guard instead." Mila sighed, seeing that she was doing free labor work for her future sister-in-law by getting rid of the men following her for some odd reason. Going around, she then noticed that Luce's father was somewhat being followed also. 'What's going on here?' Mila followed after Luce's father who looked to be going to a private meeting. He was being followed by two suspicious men that did not look like ones to be messed with. 'What have I gotten myself into?' She thought to herself.

8