Chapter 80
251 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I have noticed that you've been struggling to sleep from time to time throughout all these years. What goes on in your little head to make you feel so bothered in your sleep?" ZH questioned and waited for Mila to calm down in her state of mind. Soon as she stopped, ZH cast a spell for her to sleep with ease with nothing more to bother her. "Good night." Placing another kiss on her head, he left as he always did through her balcony.

Mila awoke the following day feeling a bit better than the last few nights, and it was quite refreshing for her. 'What happened? This is the first time that I feel energized after my sleep.' Mila looked at her hands to see if it was the same. Then going over to her mirror, she saw no bags under her eyes this time. 'Did ZH do something while I was asleep?' She pondered, unsure if her thoughts were correct or not but soon stopped after.

Looking back at her face in the mirror, the scar still trailed down, which was no surprise to hear. Stretching, she grunted, feeling her muscles and bones barely waking up. Cotton and Net were not in her room; she assumed they both had likely already left to find food in the kitchen. When getting dressed, Mila didn't like wearing dresses since it felt uncomfortable now that she had been wearing pants and shirts that were better for physical use than a dress that was only for show.

Leaving her room, she was then stopped by two pairs of eyes that looked at how she dressed. "Why are you going out dressed like that?" Leo brought up the question, standing next to Luce, looking at Mila, who barely had any lady-like etiquette.

"These clothes are more comfortable than those dresses that are only for show. I like comfy clothes." Mila said, looking like a puppy, not wanting to change again into anything uncomfortable. She did not want to wear dresses that were meant for high-class ladies.

"Mila, you've been gone from home too long. It may be time to have you start your lessons again. I'll have Lady Angela come back." Duke Reynard had joined the group, informing Mila about her lessons; he did not want her to miss out any more than she already did. Making Mila know she was going to start her lessons again surely.

'Why?!?!? I already took them all in my last life!!!!! Why again?!?!?!?!' Mila sobbed inside to see how she was still being forced to learn again when she already knew it all. "Alright, I'll be going!" She did not want to stay any longer, thinking they would force her to change if she did not run away first.

"Where are you going?! Hey!!!" Leo tried to stop Mila, but she had already taken off, jumping down the balcony inside their mansion leading to the entrance at the front doors.

"Mila!!!" Duke Reynard, Leo, and Luce rushed over to the balcony seeing that Mila had landed on the ground like it was no issue for her to jump down from a balcony.

"I'm fine!" Mila laughed, looking up to see the three people with shocked and worried faces. She went on and left from the front entrance with a smile to know that she had escaped from her father and Leo.

"Father... are you going to let her off? I think she has been too spoiled." Leo sighed, holding his head with Luce smiling to see how energetic their home was when Mila was around. Luce never thought Mila would make such a huge difference in the Noble Household with their father and Leo.

"Just for today." Duke Reynard also mumbled, not wanting to start venting his anger. 'How did this all happen?' He did not understand how Mila had changed so much in the last three years. 'It will be hard to get her to become more lady-like in the future.' Knowing that it was the sad truth that Mila would take much longer to become more like a lady.

"You've been saying that since she came back home." Leo had noticed their father didn't seem to mind that Mila was jumping off stairs and balconies since she returned. 'You keep saying, 'just for today for the last few weeks, I think you just don't know how to control her.' Leo figured his father did not know how to handle Mila since she did as she pleased and ran off to avoid the consequences and lessons.

"Let her learn her lesson somehow. She could at least get hurt and learn her lesson from that, but... I do worry that she won't ever get hurt this way." Duke Reynard didn't know how to handle Mila anymore—not even knowing that Mila would never get harmed from jumping down a balcony.

(¬_¬) (¬_¬)

'Is he serious?' Leo and Luce looked at one another with a look, also knowing that a simple jump over a balcony would not easily harm Mila.

***

Mila ran off into the town, hiding to avoid annoying eyes. She wanted to avoid any troubles coming her way if any Mana Hunters found her. Using the rooftops instead of moving around and having a look, she would hop down to buy anything that caught her interest or when she was hungry. 'Has it been this long?' She smiled, settling down on one of the rooftops with her feet hanging down and kicking in the air. Pulling out her bag, she had bought little snacks to enjoy while watching the people all move around like a group of school fish.

"Kate." Mila had Kate come out and see her crying, leaving her somewhat confused about the little fox.

。゜(`Д´)゜。

[Mama!!! Why didn't you call me out earlier?! Skye and Vivian were bullying me!!!] Kate hugged Mila, who was confused about what had happened or was about to happen.

【・_・?】

"Uhhh????"

[No!!!! Kate started first with freezing my entire plants!!!! She killed half of my mana!!!] Vivian argued back inside Mila's head, but they could all hear it since there was a link between them all.

[She even froze my wings up in here! My wings are made of blades, so she needs to remember that they can break my feathers easily!] Skye then said after Vivian told her side, showing Mila an image in her head of how her wings were completely frozen and unable to budge.

"Is that true, Kate?" Mila looked to the little Kate, who grumbled but remained in Mila's arms. Her tails and ears were facing down, looking away from Mila, who was still staring at her. "Kate, you have to learn that every living being's personal life is better not to be messed with. Mostly, when you mess with their things, the results usually never tend to be good. Don't do this again. What if you got hurt this time with those two? I would be sad if you got hurt. Okay?" Mila petted Kate's head, seeing her in tears and whining.

[I understand! I won't do it again! I'll be sure to listen!!!] Kate whined, nuzzling into Mila's chest, feeling terrible for what she had done to Vivian and Skye.

"Vivian? Skye? You both understand that it's not easy to handle a young one. You were both young as well. Not only that, but you both have to be able to teach her between right and wrong." Mila told the two, who was still upset, but they knew they were also wrong for not being more patient with Kate.

[We understand. We will be sure to do better next time.] Vivian and Skye said at the same time since they didn't want to cause too much trouble for Mila.

'You all sure are hard to handle, but it's what makes my day good, I suppose.' Mila sighed, feeling the wind push against her face, and she felt a slight headache from the entire conversation. Looking down at the town once again, she could see that nothing changed, which she assumed the emperor would prefer that nothing changed at all. The markets only looked busier than usual, with the townspeople trying to put effort into selling their goods and products. 'All these things they have are simply within the Mireraweth Kingdom. Nothing seems to be from the other kingdoms, which I believe is due to the incoming war.'

"Let me go! Do you know you can be sentenced to death by touching me?!" Mila heard a woman's voice, making her look down to see a woman in a bright white cloak hiding from all around. She had been surrounded by three men who were likely trying to mess with her since the woman did look vulnerable.

"Aww, man... I guess it's time for me to help again." Mila hopped down once she had her full disguise on to hide her identity from being found. The woman was about to be kidnapped until Mila went forth using her sword as it sliced the men on their legs. Hearing them scream, Mila could tell that they were likely thinking about making the woman into a slave. "Tsk, tsk, tsk. It would be best if you people learned that not everything should go as you like. You need to know that humans are meant to be slaves or used that way." Mila looked to the men who were grasping their injured legs.

"Who are you?!"

"You shouldn't be involved in this!!!"

The men shouted, glaring at Mila, who got involved in their business when it was their only way to survive and make a living.

"You're right. I should not be involved, but I am. You all don't seem like a good match to me, though. I bet you all will die with a single hit from my sword." Mila went forth towards them; just one step made them shake and tremble from her strong killing intent surrounding them. They backed up ignoring their injury once she stepped towards them. "Leave now, and if I see you bunch trying to kidnap women or children, then don't think I'll go easy just because you are injured. Your leg won't be the first target next time." Mila warned them, leaving them running and limping away before they regretted anything.

"Thank you for saving me." Mila turned around to see the woman who thanked her. Seeing the woman more clearly gave her an idea about who she was since her clothes were still a little revealing, which indicated that she was from one of the noble families. "Who are you?"

"What is a lady like you doing out in the open danger? You should be with your guards and at home safe." Mila ignored her question, not wanting to tell her anything about herself since it was true that she had no intentions of revealing her true identity to anyone but her close friends who had been with her.

"My guards didn't know about me coming out. My husband as well didn't even know that I had gone out. If you didn't save me, I would've never been allowed to see my child again." The woman said, which Mila could tell that guards were coming toward them. Not for them specifically, but for the woman, Mila saved just now.

"Well, I'll be taking my leave. It's been a pleasure saving you, Your Highness." Mila hopped off onto the rooftop, not wanting to be found with the woman, shocked that Mila knew her identity.

"Wai-" The woman didn't even get to know the unknown person who saved her.

"Your Highness, are you alright?!" The guards came up hurriedly, seeing that they could've been killed if she had been harmed.

7