Chapter 84
153 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seeing a familiar figure below, she felt her heavy heart aching to see Ambrose standing among the troops of Mireraweth soldiers. Looking down, she felt sad just witnessing him get ready for the troublesome war and take command of soldiers who do not even see him as their leading Captain. Not even sure if the soldiers would even listen to him at all or to his commands.

"Cotton, could it be possible for you to grow a White Heather flower for me?" Mila looked down at the little raccoon clinging onto her shoulder. Cotton could see that Mila held some concern and worry about that single individual below. Mila knew that Cotton could grow any plant which she found quite impressive, while she saw it useless for certain events.

[That's easy!] Cotton hopped down, standing on her two hind legs, with her two front paws glowing with a white flower looking like a bell growing from there. [Done!]

Mila smiled, taking hold of the flower that Cotton had just grown at that moment. "Skye, I'll need one of your feathers to be used as an arrow." Mila hoped that Skye didn't mind her use for it since a bird's feather could be very precious to certain beasts who treasured it.

[If it's for you, then I do not care how many I am left with on my skin.] Skye made Mila feel terrible for taking such a feather since the feathers are like her skin. A feather that was almost sharp like a sword appeared in Mila's hand, but it was not sharp enough to cut her skin with Skye's reassurance to keep it dull.

'One has to be careful when they touch or use these. Mostly, when Skye has it well-prepared for certain occasions.' Mila thought, seeing how the feather could easily be used as a dagger before, but Skye made sure that it was one of the dullest feathers she had on her body before giving it to Mila. "I'll be hoping to use your ability for a bit, Skye." Mila had the feather quickly rush down with the White Heather flower tied onto it to avoid it from being completely separated from the feather.

***

The feather was shot down towards Ambrose, who quickly sensed it like it was nothing. The feather had stopped and dispersed into thin air, with only the White Heather flower landing softly into his hand.

"Captain?! Who would give you such a White Heather flower???" One of his comrades asked, seeing how Ambrose received a white flower out of the air. "Do you know what the meaning of that flower is?" The single soldier was the only one who spoke to him throughout their first encounter with one. Ambrose only stood there looking at the man who said to him with the flower still in his hand. "This flower symbolizes protection. There must be one lady out there that fancies you this much to give you such a flower in hopes for your safety to come back alive after all of this."

Ambrose looked up to see a small figure that stood on a hill, allowing that single person to see the entire training ground in the Mireraweth palace. 'Mila...' He thought, knowing she was the only woman to give him something like this for his trip.

***

Sitting down, she leaned against the tree, feeling the wind again pushing towards her, which made her feel somewhat at ease from the breeze. The sun was slowly making its way down with the moon ready to take part in the day. "So, you knew who it was?" Turning her head, she saw Ambrose looking at her with a bit of concern for her appearance there to see him before he left.

He walked over, sitting down next to her with his back leaned against the tree to avoid falling back. Cotton and Net didn't know who Ambrose was, but they wandered around the hill, sniffing around and digging—knowing that he was entirely harmless for Mila since she did not take out any weapons she had on her which she would have drawn out when he first appeared there.

Ambrose held out the White Heather flowers that Mila had sent to him. "Did you like the flowers that I sent you? I know that you will likely depart tonight at the earliest." She said, looking sadly down at her hands left roughen up by her swordsmanship training. Nothing like any lady would have since they would mainly be left with simple etiquette while she decided to be able to defend herself at the most and rely on another.

Ambrose grabbed her hand, kissing the back of her palm even though he had his mask on. Mila didn't feel his lips on her palm, but she knew he kissed the back of her hand. Mila could still feel her heart aching which she found quite similar to ZH whenever she felt worried about him when he got hurt for her. Not even able to see his face or hair, she was happy since he stayed true to her and considered her feelings.

Mila didn't know why, but she then kissed the top of his forehead, seeing that he was still kneeling, but he froze once he felt her place a soft kiss on his forehead on the mask. She had even frozen at the same time, thinking about why she even placed a kiss on him to begin with. 'What the hell was I thinking just now?!' Her mind was just lost and speechless at that moment, with her mind forcing itself to start talking again. "Umm... a-a g-g-good luck charm?" Mila said, smiling awkwardly at him, at the same time, still shy about it. Turning away, she knew the entire atmosphere became quite strange once she had placed the kiss on him. 'Just what was going on inside my head! For heavens’ sake!!!!!' Mila thought, continuously thinking about it over and over again. Being hugged from behind, she gasped, knowing Ambrose was likely still trying to comfort her since he could not speak to her.

"..." Ambrose just sat there, still holding Mila in his arms, hoping he was helping Mila in some little ways. There was a long silence that both had not spoken to until the moon shone below them.

"Please, be safe out there." After a long silence, Mila decided to say something, placing her hands on his forearms in front of her by his hug. Looking down sadly, she didn't know what to do in this type of situation anymore. Ambrose nodded his head since there wasn't much he could do and soon released her from the hug with one another. Watching Ambrose leave that late night, Mila could only hope that they would at least meet again in the future if he were willing to survive to see her again.

***

"Lady Mila? Lady Mila? It's time to get up. You cannot lay in bed all day." Hearing a familiar voice, Mila grumbled, not wanting to wake up just yet, so she didn't want to think about whom the voice belonged. She had been up all night and watched Ambrose leave until she no longer saw him in the Mireraweth Kingdom. "If you don't get up, you won't be able to eat your favorite raspberry muffins."

Mila gasped, getting up and seeing that it was Sara since there was no other maid who would know her type of preferred pastry after breakfast. "Sara! You wouldn't dare take away my favorite muffin!" Looking to see how Sara learned how to get her up in the morning, every single morning.

"If my lady doesn't do as she is instructed, then I would have to take it all away and give you some carrots instead," Sara said so casually, making Mila gasp then grumble at the threat and get out of bed like how Sara wanted her to.

"When did you return?" Mila stretched her limbs first, then moved her hair aside, allowing herself to see the scar that still resided along the left side of her face.

"Last night." Sara went ahead fixing up her young lady's bedsheets that had been easily messed up and ruffled by Mila's sleeping habits. She soon went over to help Mila comb her hair little by little to avoid the tangled strands from being pulled.

"How about your honeymoon? You should've returned tomorrow instead of today. It's a little early for you to come back so soon. What happened?" Mila didn't understand why Sara and Emmett would return so soon. They had at least two weeks with one another that her father had allowed them to spend together with no one to disturb them.

"Well, let's just say we wanted to see our young lady again." Sara had helped Mila tie her hair up with her purple pearl hairpin placed in her hair like it always was. She saw how their young lady had been stubborn for the last few days without them by her side to assist and use methods that would surely get Mila out of bed.

"Haha, you both need to have time for yourselves. I can take care of myself also." Mila did not think Sara would get information about her being stubborn and disobedient while they were on their honeymoon. 'They need more time together instead of hanging around me all the time.' Mila felt as though Sara and Emmett worked too hard to keep an eye on her and even raised her so much that they didn't have time for each other.

"We have plenty of time together. It's fine since we stay and work at the same place anyway." What Sara said was true since they both work with the same young lady. Wherever the young lady stayed was where they stayed, which allowed them to see each other regardless of the situation or place that they were at. 'This young lady sure forgets that we both get to see each other all the time even though she rarely sees it since she has something else to do while we meet up.'

'You both could have been gone by now and lived on your own than to remain here in the Noble Mansion. Instead, you both chose to keep working here and take care of me when I reach adulthood. By now, I thought you both would start having a little family of your own rather than continue your working life.' Mila thought, seeing how Sara only wished to remain by Mila's side. Both entered the kitchen with the servants greeting Mila with respect and love for her since she was one of the few young ladies who treated them kindly.

"How are you all?!" Mila loved that they all didn't mind that she would come out of the blue and visit them when they were doing their duties for the day.

They always spoke to her and did not treat her any different from one another in the crowd. She then went to the training grounds, where the knights all greeted her with a look of awe since she was still dearly loved by the knights.

"Lady Mila?!"

"Why are you here?"

"Isn't your father going to get upset again?"

The knights asked one question after another, making Mila know that they were only trying to watch out for her and her wellbeing. Her father had been increasingly protective of her since she was getting older and reaching that age of marriage. "My father won't mind it," Mila assured them it was nothing too big to worry about since it was her choice to go there alone.

"Is that so?" Mila shivered, knowing the same presence and aura that spoke out from behind her made her worry about the outcome.

8