Chapter 86
282 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Duke Reynard had the both of them leave with the room locked once again, with no other allowed to enter without his approval. It had been quite some time since Mila saw Leo's mother's portrait, which she found rather amazing with how it was put in every detail about her and her personality of being gentle and kind. She didn't think that her father would allow her to see the room that was highly forbidden for almost everyone; even her stepmothers and half-siblings were not allowed to go in. 'Lady Grace was very beautiful. If she was still alive, would she have loved me just like her own daughter?' Mila didn't know if it was the right thought, but she wondered if Lady Grace would truly raise her like her own child when they held no blood relation with one another.

Her father finally gave up on her lessons in the end since she no longer wanted to commit to them with Lady Angela left with simple lessons given that were meant for a lady. She would just hang around all day, but she still found it boring most of her life. "There's nothing to do here!" Mila complained about lying in her bed, which she found very troubling for her state of mind. Sara giggled, looking to see how Mila was more of an adventurous child than to stay in one place all the time.

"I don't think it's boring; besides, we all get to keep an eye on you now. You're back at home, so it should be a safe place for you." Sara sighed, leaving Mila's room after she had cleaned up the entire room from each corner.

Emmett was outside her room; as usual, Mila found that life went back to normal in some ways. 'I need to get away from here. It's not boring for either of you since you are all doing something while I am just stuck here like a caterpillar in its cocoon.' Mila just left out of her window once again like she usually did, going down to the Mireraweth palace, which was the only place that held such fun topics and gossip. She was told that her father had gone to a meeting again in the palace that sparked her interest. 'The only place that is quite fun and interesting is the palace with confidential meetings and information.'

Hopping over the gates, she found it too easy to cross over even though the guards were on duty. Going to the same spot, she listened in on their meetings and little side conversations that emerged from the side.

"Your majesty, our soldiers have been greatly decreasing!"

"How are we going to win this war?! We’ve likely all chosen the wrong one to lead the troops!"

"In no time, we will all be killed if we don't hurry and send another one to lead!" One after another, the men gathered into the throne room were in grave threat from the entire war that was taking place.

Mila could tell that there was a huge issue going on with the men in the throne room all emitting a mixture of fear and anger. 'It's obvious that Ambrose has a hard time with trying to communicate! How can you send someone like him in the first place?! You all probably chose him to just get rid of him but in the end, you still caused great damage to your kingdom! It's called karma a**h*les!' Mila angrily had to keep her anger inside than explode out and alarm them all.

"Enough!" The emperor looked down to the people below him who he saw as overstepping their positions and powers when he was the ruler. "We will send another individual then!" The emperor stood up, seeing how they would not stop their yapping like a bunch of dogs. "We will send-"

"Your majesty?! Your majesty?!" Rushing into the throne room was a wounded soldier who was out of breath. Mila saw how he held a look as if he had just been from h*ll.

'I have a bad feeling about this.' Mila felt like her heart was going to shatter at that moment since it did not look like they were going to receive any good news.

"Why are you yelling for me?!" The emperor was already angry and stressed enough with every other person in the room who was going against him.

"Lord Ambrose has been assassinated with his burnt body found in his tent!" The soldier had shouted out for everyone in the throne room to hear about it with even a few servants on the outside hearing the news.

Everyone was silent to see that the young adult that they had sent was simply killed like they assumed he would. They all had nothing to say which left them still stunned by the news that his body was burnt with his tent.

Mila felt her body shake to the thought of Ambrose gone. 'Ambrose...' Her mind then went to the thought of his lifeless body being burnt in his tent with no one by his side to accompany him. 'Why? Why? Ambrose...' She could feel her eyes start to water with the image running over and over in her head.

"We'll send Leo Noble then." Hearing the emperor say that had Mila, even more, angered to see that they were going to send her beloved brother this time. 'Leo is a good young man who can take over for his father, but he can be replaced with Duke Reynard's second son.' The emperor thought, seeing that losing Duke Reynard's first son would not make any difference since there was still the second one to take over if it turned out bad.

Mila could see her father holding in his emotions, knowing that Leo was his most treasured son who was born from his most beloved woman. She could see it in his eyes that he didn't want to send Leo to the war. 'Father...' Mila rushed out of the throne room, not wanting to hear any more unfortunate news that headed towards her people.

She had gone to the garden in the Mireraweth palace with the thought that a new scenery would be nice to get the thoughts out. Looking to the fountain with the water still running, its clean flow reminded her of Asirrada Kingdom. She couldn't believe what had happened, making her want to cry every last drop out of her small body. Hearing someone coming, she hid away from being found by the figures approaching her way.

"Aiken, why do you keep coming here?"

Hearing that name and voice, Mila turned to see Aiken and Addis once again meeting each other while everyone remained busy in the palace due to certain trouble that arose.

"Addis, you do not understand that I could just kidnap you right now," Aiken said, making Mila feel saddened to know that Aiken was there when she felt anger towards him. She didn't care if Aiken and Addis were emotionally involved, but she had lost Ambrose in the process of it all. "With how this kingdom is, I doubt that they would be able to handle your kidnap and the war at the same time."

"Leave, don't let them find you. You need to stop all of this and stop the war. Everything you're doing is for me, I know, but I cannot stand that you are going into this mess because of me with innocent lives involved." Addis felt concerned and worried about all the people who were forced to leave their families behind since the chances of living from the war were slim.

"Addis, I do not care if I am harmed and my men all have loyalty among one another, including me. I will get you back no matter what. The matter of you being here in this dreadful kingdom upsets me enough that you are treated this way. I only wish to get you back and not involve your kingdom like you are a part of it since they gave you up immediately after defeat. It would be best that this war is carried out like it's supposed to." Aiken hugged Addis who knew the war would have to keep going. "In the meantime, do not get harmed. I will continue until this kingdom is brought down." Addis even listened, but she did not tell him that she offered up herself to save her people and kingdom from falling.

Mila just sat there listening to their entire conversation even though it continued to make her angry. Still, the fire inside her was lit with how Aiken could've killed Ambrose when he was at the battlefield. 'Aiken, I cannot forgive you.' Mila never thought that she would hold such a grudge against him when he was a good man to her in his kingdom.

[Mila, this could all just be a misunderstanding!] Vivian suddenly yelled out from inside of Mila since they were still grateful to Aiken, not only that, but they could feel Mila's darkest feelings corrupting her slowly. Mila didn't want to think that Aiken could be such a man to kill someone for no reason besides the thought of war on his mind. Yet, her mind kept going on to hate that continued towards Aiken for the war.

[She's right. Aiken probably did not cause the assassination which I keep getting a feeling as though he would not play such a dirty trick. It could even be the Mireraweth people who did it, remember?] Skye then said, making Mila think that it was possible since the ones who sent Ambrose off were none other than the Mireraweth people. Both Skye and Vivian sighed inside, knowing that they managed to surpass Mila from being corrupted into the darkest depths of her heart and mind. If she did, then they would have lost her completely and would likely disappear from her forever due to the dark corruption that is easy to allow into one's heart and mind.

'I cannot forgive any sides at the current moment. I lost Ambrose. I will not lose Leo also.' Mila waited for both Aiken and Addis to leave before she decided to take action herself. 'There has to be a way for me to stop both sides from continuing this pointless war.' Mila started to ponder with ideas that could work, but it would turn out to be to avail if it did not go correctly with even a small mistake could ruin it all.

[Why don't you try to give him back what was rightfully his?!] Kate excitedly shouted out which had Mila confused by her words since she did not know what Aiken had.

'What???' Mila sat there with the question in her head since she needed a little more detail to know. 'Explain a little more.'

[Since Aiken likes Addis, why don't we just take her away and make the war target another group of unknown beings? Besides, it's not like the Mireraweth Kingdom has only one enemy. I feel as though with this emperor then there must be plenty of enemies that are after this emperor's head for some kind of grudge against him.] Listening to Kate, they all did not know when she started to find information about the Mireraweth emperor since she was after all still a young beast to them.

Mila didn't even think about it from that point, but Kate made it sound very reasonable and logical for some reason which had her thinking that the old Kate would say the same thing. 'To have the war target another group of beings or people.' Mila thought hard about it and figured it was likely the only best plan out of the rest that she thought of. 'I'll be asking for all of your cooperation then.' Mila smiled, seeing how she was going to kidnap a princess that would either cooperate or not.

9