Chapter 91
62 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Sir Emmett, do you think you know me that well?" Mila smiled, looking at Emmett who was likely the only one who would know her far better than anyone in the mansion. 'This guy knows what I have on my mind.'

"Mila, I do not know what you're planning, but it seems like a dangerous plan if you are." Emmett knew that Mila would be up to something to try and end the war since Leo's life was on the line with the rest of the Mireraweth troops. "Are you not going to tell your plan to your comrades who you've traveled with almost your entire life?" Emmett felt a little betrayed by their young lady who did not even tell them anything regarding what ran in her mind. Sara looked to Emmett then to Mila wanting to know the truth. She just stood there wanting to know what exactly was going on with Mila.

"Sir Emmett, I got this all situated. I'll be fine. Don't worry. It's not as dangerous as you think it is." Mila ensured him that it wouldn't be too dangerous when she knew at heart it could kill her if the plan failed by a simple mistake.

"Mila, we are your closest comrades and friends. We never leave another alone to carry the burden alone. We cannot bear to see you handle the entire thing by yourself. Remember, you always have us on your side." Emmett knelt looking up to Mila, worried about their young lady who they had raised like their own child.

Mila knew that he would try to get involved no matter the circumstances. "Sir Emmett, if you wish to help me, then this is one order that I will give you." Emmett waited patiently for Mila to give him the order at that moment. "Stay alive and keep an eye on Sara and your unborn child." Mila smiled, looking at Emmett who she knew had no idea. Seeing the shocked face form on Emmett, Sara on the other hand was shocked that Mila knew about her pregnancy. 'I'm not blind enough to know that Sara is likely carrying a child by now. But... I only guessed that she was pregnant. I didn't think it would work.' Mila knew the look on Sara's face and was glad that she said such assumed words. 'I got lucky this time. Phew...'

ε-('・`) フ

She went ahead to sneak away from the two who were going to have a long talk to one another. Sneaking off, she needed to handle a few matters before the day ended too soon for her.

***

Addis remained inside the house that the unknown woman had ordered her to stay in for the time being until they took action in their plan. 'How long will she take to tell me of the next plan?' Just then, the door opened with the same young lady that had brought her there still hiding her identity.

"We will proceed now to the next plan." She sat down across from Addis who stared at her. "Do you have any questions before we start?" Mila didn't know why, but she could tell that Addis wanted to ask something before things got too dangerous for them.

"I've been missing for a week, and you haven't told me your name yet." Addis had no idea what to call the individual who held her there for some time to hide away and cause an uproar for both kingdoms.

Mila didn't think that she would be so curious about her name, but she figured that Addis would reach the point to know more about her. "You can just call me Fairy." Mila randomly thought of the disguise name which matched her mask in some ways. "Going on, the next plan is that we will have to start with a more convincing scene. You better know how to act." Mila smirked under her mask, hoping that Addis knew how to act, but she assumed that she would since it was all easy parts to play along.

"What are you planning this time?" Addis didn't know what Mila had in mind. 'Why do I need to be able to act?' Holding that question in her head, she had no clue why she needed to act out.

"You'll find out soon enough. There's going to be a loud commotion soon." Mila left telling her only that much for now since she still wanted the best part for last. The rest of Addis had to be creative on her own if she needed to act out the part that she needed.

***

Mila sighed feeling as though she may have been doing too much, but it was what she needed to make it seem convincing enough for both kingdoms to believe it. The more help she had then the better, involving humans of her kind would not be helpful since they had no use for this plan besides Addis. She had been gathering many beasts that gladly took her offer to help in her plan. She found it strange that they would accept her offer without much payment but as long as they could follow her which shocked her to know that they requested that. There were too many to count or keep an eye on, but they were willing to help her when she called for help. Skye had told Mila about how there was a contract that allowed all the beasts who wished to follow her, to be allowed to hear her call when she needed their help.

*Plop*

[Mila, are you tired?] Cotton hopped onto the bed that Mila went face down into, staying at the feet of the bed. Net joined Cotton at the foot of the bed since they both knew what Mila had been doing for the past month or so to cause a 'scene' for the two kingdoms. Today was a rather long day for Mila who had been going on with her plan nonstop. She had been constantly forming the contract for every new beast that would continue to meet and join her every single day before she used it all.

"Yeah, I just need a little sleep." Mila had removed her mask, placing it on the side of her pillow, not even knowing when she fell asleep, but she awoke to see ZH in her room without her permission once again. "You're here again," Mila mumbled, rubbing her still sleepy eyes seeing how he wasn't lying when he said he would be back that day. "What did you want to talk about or show me?" Getting up, she noticed that Cotton and Net were asleep in the little pet bed at the side of the bed now. 'Those two are so cute.~' She smiled, looking at the two cute little beast friends of hers.

"Come with me." ZH took Mila by the hand allowing her to get out of her sleepiness first. Rubbing her eyes, she could feel her eyelids that were still half-closed which he smiled to know that she had removed her mask before falling asleep to avoid any sleep marks. Being carried soon after with her eyes wide and awake, Mila didn't mind and went ahead accepting his genuine generosity. Being taken to the rooftop of her home, Mila did not even get the time to put on her mask. ZH had set her down as he did years ago at the same spot on the rooftop. "Watch this." He formed crystals into his palm as they started appearing out making them look like sparkling stars. The crystals all then started glowing and floating around them both with Mila smiling and laughing to see how amazing it was once again with ZH's gifts.

Seeing the crystals shine like the stars and turn dim at the same time, it continued to float around her which reminded her of how certain beasts loved to fly around her. She couldn't help but smile at how beautiful it just was each time he came to show her something that was beyond beautiful. 'ZH, you always seem to find a way to make me happy with my heavy feelings drifting away.' Smiling at him, ZH could tell that she enjoyed the gift that he made this time once again.

"Happy Birthday." ZH looked at the young girl who was slowly becoming a woman within the years that they had been together. 'She is no longer a young girl at this point.' Thinking about how beautiful Mila would be once she reached adulthood in a few years.

Mila knew that her thirteenth birthday was coming up, she didn't think that ZH would surprise her early when it was not her birthday yet. "You are celebrating my birthday so soon. Why is that?" Mila wondered why he would celebrate it early, she found it a bit odd to think that he would celebrate it so soon. 'Is he going somewhere again?' Thinking that it could be a possible thing, so it could be why ZH was celebrating her birthday this early within the month.

"I'll be busy for some time, so I won't be able to see you. I hope you don't get into any trouble while I attend to my duties." ZH worried all the time about Mila since she would encounter danger without one even knowing. 'I did not plan to show you this birthday gift of yours, but I have no other choice since I don't think I will be able to make it for your actual birthday.' ZH kept his worried gaze on her while he felt upset in his heart to know that he would not be able to make it to Mila's actual birthday.

"I'll be fine. Don't cry too much for me. I am just turning a year older, that's all." Mila giggled, seeing how cute it was to see ZH worried about her but at the same time, she could see a hint of guilt for missing out on her actual birthday.

"Are you sure? Someone little like you can cause a lot of commotion in an instant without others even knowing it." ZH honestly said, making Mila concerned since he knew her even better than Emmett. 'I feel like I can never leave you alone for too long since there is always trouble coming after you.' Felt as though that was more of a fact than a thought that came into his mind.

"Don't worry. I know how to take care of myself. Thank you for the amazing gift." Mila laid her head again onto his shoulder, ignoring his negative thoughts of his if he did not like seeing her scarred face. "When is your birthday? I have not even know your birthday, but I give you a present every year on random days since I do not know at all." She felt like there was still a long-strained part in their relationship like they still do not know each other well enough to move on in their life with one another.

"In the mid-winter. My birthday is in mid-winter. I will not give any more than that." He smiled, looking down to see Mila smile to know that he had finally given her some sort of clue about his birthday in the seasons.

"I finally know a little more about you. I hope that we can continue to know more about each other along the way." She slowly drifted off to sleep leaning once again onto him with ZH being sure to take her back to bed.

Kissing her head once again, he looked down to Mila who was sound asleep in his arms. "It'll be a while until I can see you again. Don't it let yourself get hurt while I am gone?" Kissing the back of her hand before he left her room, but stopped to take one last glance at her. He still had an unsettling feeling as though something terrible would happen once he left her side.

7