Chapter 97
60 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you making fun of me?" The emperor angrily looked down to see that Duke Reynard was starting to make fun of him in front of his advisers and guards who stood by to watch.

"Hmph, you were never meant to be emperor since birth. The real ruler was meant to be your brother." Duke Reynard confessed, knowing that it was indeed the truth that no other could talk about in front of the current Mireraweth emperor.

"You dare to bring up a man of the past!" The emperor rushed down taking out his sword to personally kill Duke Reynard with his patience running out with every step taken towards Duke Reynard. Raising his sword, he stood in front of the Duke who he thought would be one of his loyal dogs which turned out to bite him back.

Duke Reynard waited for the sword to cut his head off, but there was nothing that came to him. He looked up to see a cloaked figure with the same mask as the individual they had tried to use and make a deal with. 'Why are they here???' Duke Reynard did not understand what was going on at this point.

"Such a nuisance. That little brat wanted me to come to save you so badly." Duke Reynard couldn't believe that she would save him. He then saw that her hand was made of nothing, but ice. "Surprised? This body is just a vessel that I'm using. The little brat kept pestering me to come to save you both."

Ice instantly formed from the emperor's sword that then traveled onto the emperor's hand. He yelled, feeling his single right hand and arm turn to ice that then shattered in front of everyone there to witness it turn horrific. "Aaaaahhhhh!!!! What did you do?!?!?" The emperor shouted with his whole right side aching from the ice that still clung coldly onto his flesh and bone.

"Oh my, such a weak emperor." The individual walked up to the emperor who fell to his knees while holding his serious injury. "Let's just say that this is your punishment for not keeping your word. Mostly, when you are from the royal family who should keep every single word accounted for." The individual had grabbed onto Duke Reynard and then rushed to the unconscious Leo without anyone being able to catch her swift move. "I'll be taking these two. They will be fun for my... experiments."

She laughed, disappearing from the throne room with everyone confused with how they could enter and escape so easily. "Find them! Don't let them escape this kingdom!!!" The emperor angrily held his arm that was gone... forever.

***

Duke Reynard and Leo were lifted onto a Moonlight Bat which stared deeply down, seeing the two humans placed on him. [Why are these two on me?] Blizzard asked, seeing how Mila was also using an ice body vessel to move around when it was not the safest thing to use in this dire situation that they were currently in.

"No time to explain. Best to take them to Maedda kingdom before things get out of hand if we continue to stay here." Mila had Blizzard about ready to fly off when Duke Reynard held onto her ice-cold vessel's hand.

"What about my daughter? How is she? Where is she?" Duke Reynard questioned, fearing that his beloved daughter would be left behind or possibly harmed while he was not by her side to protect her.

"Don't worry about her. She is safe. She will be at Maedda kingdom for the time being." Mila knew that her father would worry about her, but she needed to finish a few things before she went to Maedda kingdom to meet up with them. "Blizzard, go." Mila had Blizzard take her two important people before she could no longer get them out of the Mireraweth Kingdom that was likely starting their way to look for her, her family, and people.

Her ice body was soon shattered using up the last of its pieces to keep the vessel together with Mila coughing out blood onto the wooden tile floor below her. She gladly had Luce taken by force by one of the Moonlight Bats that dragged her out of the clinic. Meanwhile, Tim and Thelma were there trying to heal her from sustaining too many heavy internal injuries. Tim was using his mana to keep Mila's soul from going astray and never returning to her body. 'Everything is going well so far.' Mila sighed, letting the two people do their job in healing her for the duration of the time.

"You are such a nuisance. I do not understand how your father raised you to be like this. Using this spell could've killed you. Why do you think no one uses this spell, cause this is the reason." Tim sighed, seeing how it was a successful spell that had its fair share of the deal. "This spell allows your soul to go into another vessel, but it consumes a lot of mana and if not managed or watched carefully then your soul will forever wander the living world. It can never be found again." Tim did not understand how Mila could take such a risk to save her two most important families with such a young body and soul that was not complete or ready for it yet.

"As long as my family is safe, then I do not care what happens to me after. The Noble household is now under arrest and will fall with the history of its achievements erased with the label of criminal instead in its place. I've thankfully sent the knights and servants all an early notice before they can be taken away so easily. Emmett and Sara should be on their way here with Cotton and Net." Mila closed her eyes, feeling the heavyweight that dragged her eyelids down.

The door to the clinic opened with Emmett and Sara rushing in once they heard the news about Duke Reynard being labeled as a wanted criminal in the Mireraweth Kingdom. Cotton and Net could sense the weak Mila who was on the ground with blood in front of her.

"Mila?!" Sara and Emmett were horrified to see such a large amount of blood in front of their young lady since they had never seen such a large amount before.

[What happened?!] Both Cotton and Net rushed over sensing her weak mana draining quickly within her small body.

[Who hurt you?! I'll be sure to teach them a good lesson with who they are messing with!!!] Cotton had tears and snot coming out while Mila kept her eyes closed, but she could still sense where Cotton stood. Wiping away the tears and snot that were coming out from the little beast friend of hers.

"I'm fine." She petted the two, opening her eyes once more to be sure that she did not fall unconscious yet.

"The knights and servants have rushed out and left the mansion by the notice you've sent them from your butterflies. Your step-mothers and half-siblings have been caught personally by the emperor." Emmett notified Mila who expected that to happen so soon since Duke Reynard was now suspected to be in cahoot with the 'individual' who was her. "Do you wish to save them?" Emmett then asked, even though he knew the answer that she was going to give.

"Hm, they can figure it out on their own. I have no intention of saving them. After all, they will live a miserable life with the emperor who is willing to take them as his concubines since they are still useful to him in certain ways." Mila smirked, knowing that both her sisters would live a harsh life this time. 'I hope you both enjoy your 'luxurious' life this time.' Felt as though this revenge was already sweet enough for her to enjoy since they would be with a crippled old man who saw women as nothing more than an object to please themselves with. "We have to be on our way to the Maedda kingdom. My father and Leo are waiting for us there. We cannot hold them off any longer." Mila knew that they needed to hurry along to catch up with her family. Even Luce was being taken to the Maedda as quickly as possible to avoid any other soldiers who had beasts who could track her in the sky.

"Mila, you cannot go when you're in this state. Your body isn't only weak, but your soul still needs to heal and stay in your body which traveling at a fast pace can make it unstable. I know that you took the impact of some kind of weapon. Which not only harm your body, but your soul still needs time to slowly heal internally." Tim knew that they needed to travel slowly for the time to avoid separating her soul from her body.

"Alright, we'll have to travel by horse then. Let's go." They all hid with a cloak and mask, knowing that they would surely be tracked by the Mireraweth soldiers sent by none other than the emperor himself. Mila had called Vivian and Buck there since they were not leaving anyone behind for all that they know.

[Mila, what did you do?] Vivian could sense Mila's weak body and mana. [Don't tell me that you used the forbidden spell that no human-like yourself should even use!?] Vivian could see how weak Mila was since she was connected to Mila with the ability to sense one another's mana and emotions.

'It's nothing. Don't worry about it.' Mila held onto Vivian to avoid falling from her saddle. 'I have to stay awake no matter what. I have to be sure that we all make it to our destination.' Mila had no intention of falling asleep during their trip, no matter how exhausted and tired she was.

[Mila, why do you torture yourself like this?] Vivian felt tears fall from her large eyes with Buck seeing his mare sad due to her master's idiocy.

***

"Let us go! Why are you arresting us?!" Vita yelled, being tied with a rope around her wrist. Her mother was right beside her with Elsie being dragged behind her.

"Your father committed great treason. Along with nearly assassinating the emperor with the help of the 'individual' who has entered into this kingdom." The announcer looked down to the two daughters, two wives, and the second son of the Noble family.

"So what?! His plans and all do not involve me! I am merely just a daughter or his! I am not his so-called 'treasured' or 'beloved' daughter." Vita said, looking at the announcer since it was indeed true that she was never loved by her father since birth.

"We have no cooperation with Duke Reynard! He is just our husband!" Vita's mother was angrily shouting at everyone who saw them as criminals, seeing how they were involved in something that they didn't do.

"Since you both are daughters of Duke Reynard and have yet to be married. You both will enter the emperor's harem as of this day. They cannot reach any further than a mere concubine in his harem." The announcer said to them all with nothing, but shock on the rest of the Noble family.

"What?!" Vita and Elsie were shocked, realizing that they were being the concubines of the old emperor who was now crippled.

"Your mothers will be taken back to their parent’s home while your son will never be able to have the title of Duke in this kingdom."

Darren stood shocked to see how low they had gotten since their father committed such treason.

"No! Let me go! Let me go!"

"Let me go!"

Both Vita and Elsie were trying to summon their beasts when the same sorcerer came up. "You won't be needing these for a while." He held onto both girls, locking their use of mana for however long he felt was necessary. "It'll be too troublesome to use if you're in the harem." He smiled, letting the knights take them both away.

6