Chapter 100
83 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mila?!" The door to the living room slammed open with Thelma and Tim finishing with the herbs and medicine that they had collected.

Mila and ZH gave some distance from each other, but Mila was struck red, unsure of what just happened or what was about to happen. 'What the hell was that?!' She looked away with Kate wagging her tail happily behind her.

[Mama and papa should kiss more.] Kate said, making Mila turn even redder since she recalled her very first kiss in her last lifetime with the unfaithful man on their wedding day.

'This is my new life. I still have my first experience in this one at another time.' Mila continued to calm her mind down with her face gradually losing its redness.

ZH looked behind him to see Mila's ears were still left with traces of red. 'She is even cuter this way.' He thought, looking at Mila and then at the couple that bothered their moment. Feeling as though their moment would always be bothered by someone. "What did you both finish?" He then looked at Tim and Thelma with a piercing gaze of annoyance.

"We finished with a more improved medicine to help with Mila's wound." Thelma had taken out a bottle that held some medicine inside for Mila to use for her wound.

"Wound?" ZH didn't know about the wound since he didn't even see her skin. 'Why did they not tell me about it while she was unconscious for the last few days?' Feeling more annoyed that they would not inform him about such an injury to Mila who he was supposed to take care of.

'Shit!' Mila thought at that very moment, dragging Thelma who had the bottle of medicine held in her palms. Dragging Thelma into the room while the two men stayed outside in the other room with a confused expressions. "Don't tell him." Mila sighed, seeing how her wound was almost fully healed from the last time that she remembered. "Hurry and apply it on before they come in." Mila laid down with Thelma going ahead with applying for the medicine onto her young lady's wound. 'That reminds me. I have to send my father and Leo a message to inform them of my late arrival. I cannot let them try to come back to the Mireraweth kingdom. They will surely be unable to get out if they try to find me here. The chances of them getting out is very low with the rate of death being at a higher rate than any escape options.' Mila pinched her forehead slightly with the image of her nightmare appearing once more into her head. 'Why am I thinking about such a vision again?' Hating the thought of it, but she felt afraid once more about the entire situation since it was not done yet.

***

"Tell me about it." ZH wanted every single detail, but even Tim had no clue about it since his wife was very protective of Mila who was still young and unmarried.

"I don't even have the slightest clue about that wound either since the young lady is still unmarried. Besides, even if I asked her about it. Do you think that she would tell me? She won't tell anyone, besides saying that she was dealing with bad people that time." Tim crossed his arms over his chest unsure of how to get an explanation from Mila. 'If I knew about it, then I would already be telling you since you hold such a deadly aura towards me. Unfortunately, I do not have the slightest clue about it.'

"Has she been acting out on her own again?" ZH asked, seeing how Mila was always off on her own to do more troublesome things. 'Mila, the more you do this the more you worry about me. I wish so much to just lock you up and avoid you from any danger that comes to you.' He thought not wanting to make Mia unhappy though. He only wished to see her happy and carefree face which was what stirred his heart from the beginning.

'You do love our young lady.' Tim could not see ZH's face, but he knew that the young man beside him truly did love his young lady from the bottom of his heart more dearly than anything. 'We cannot determine the future or see what the future holds for us. That is why we make the most of it while we are still alive and breathing to our last.' Looking back to change his scenery, there was nothing else that he could think of for the time being while the two women were in another room.

***

Duke Reynard grunted, feeling his sore body as he saw Leo along with Luce more clearly in his view. Seeing how both were looking down at him, he instantly remembered that Mila was not in the Maedda Kingdom. "Mila?! Where is she?!" Duke Reynard looked to them both and saw that he had been sleeping inside Maedda’s kingdom. Forcing himself to get out of the bed, he did not want to keep laying around while Mila could be in danger. 'Mila has to be safe no matter what! I am her father and I couldn't even protect her during the most dangerous time.' Feeling nothing, but fear in his heart that grew heavier with each breath of his.

"Your daughter could have either been captured or killed. Maybe, even delayed. You can never assume too much, but I am willing to send my men out to find her since she is a friend of mine as well." Aiken entered the room where Duke Reynard had been resting in. Seeing how Duke Reynard was trying to get out and find Mila, leaving Aiken rather a bit surprised that this man was her father. 'I would have never thought that you both would be that closely related to one another. I guess I can see where some of her intellect comes from, I suppose.' Not knowing that if he said it out loud would be a compliment or an insult to Duke Reynard.

"How can I trust your words?" Duke Reynard did not even know if he could trust the word of that emperor even though they had met once before. His mind was not in the best state with his body included that needed more time to heal. Not even his mana could be used due to what the Mireraweth emperor's sorcerer had done to him and Leo.

"Your daughter has a scar that was from a siren beast on her left side of the face, correct?" Aiken could see from all three people that it was the same person that they were talking about. "She wears a mask to hide the scar, and she is about thirteen to fourteen years old this year," Aiken explained, looking at the three who did not think he would be one of the few people that Mila would meet. 'Does this gain a little trust of yours? I can try to list a few more things about her, but it would be a waste of my efforts if I keep going.' Aiken just wanted to yawn at this point since he felt as though Mila was not an easy person to handle.

"Fine, I will trust you." Duke Reynard knew though that Mila was not safe if she were to be found by any of the Mireraweth soldiers. "They have a reason to find my daughter." Duke Reynard said, being set back down into the bed while looking up to the bed frame since he knew that the Mireraweth Kingdom still had a reason and purpose for Mila's existence. "I must tell you all this before something happens to me. I cannot take it to the grave with me and leave you all to hear it late." Duke Reynard had been too afraid to tell anyone, but due to the current situation that they were in then, it was truly necessary to do so now. "Mila has been given to the next Zameth heir as his future empress and wife." Duke Reynard said which shocked everyone in the entire room.

"Father, are you serious?" Leo stood up holding his hand in anger. 'Why do I not know about this?! Why did my father not mention this to me at all???' Feeling angry with his father, he felt like punching his father at that moment. Yet, he knew that there was always a reason for his father to keep secrets away from him and Mila.

"Why would they want her to be wedded to the Zameth heir when she is likely no longer with the title of a Duke's Daughter?" Aiken figured that this was something to bring up since it was indeed true that Mila no longer held a high status in the Mireraweth kingdom.

"Because... they do not know yet that she has mana. They still believe that she is a useless child that holds no importance besides the blood of a servant and high-status man." Duke Reynard knew that Leo would be upset, but there was no way for them to change anything now.

"I have to find her." Leo was about to leave when they saw a glowing butterfly coming in all of a sudden. "Mila..." They knew that it was Mila's way of sending a letter or message to them.

'I've been delayed for some time. Do not worry about me. I stumbled upon an old friend who happened to help us out of the rainy weather. I will surely do my best on this trip to reunite with you all. Please stay strong and wait for me.' - Mila

"She's safe, father." Leo looked to his father who had a sigh of relief. Leo looked at the butterfly that soon dispersed into nothing on his hand.

"If she is to wed the Zameth heir, then why is a young lady like herself traveling since ten or eleven years old?" Aiken didn't understand why Mila would have to travel when she had luxury right in front of her.

"Mila has always never liked to be held long. It's like she prefers to be a bird that spreads its wings far and wide and out of a cage. I am her father, but I can never let her wings be cut." Duke Reynard felt at ease that Mila was still safe, but he couldn't help feeling worried grow from within him.

"I want to find her, but it will be impossible if they are still in the Mireraweth kingdom's territory." Leo sighed, sitting down in the chair with Luce rubbing his back to comfort him.

"It's okay. She's a strong one. She won't be taken down easily." Luce knew that Mila wasn't a weak lady who would give up her life so easily.

"We have to be sure to avoid Mila from being found. She will be used as a tool for the Mireraweth kingdom." Leo held his hands together, feeling anger remain inside him.

***

Mila fumbled around in her bed unable to sleep, thinking for the past few days when the rain would stop. They continued to hear the rain pour down with Kate snuggling next to her along with Cotton and Net. 'How the heck is it still raining?!' Mila felt like she was stuck in an endless dream at this point.

Getting up, she started her way out the door to take a closer look. Looking outside, she felt the rain which was pouring with the water being cold. "Why are you out here? It's cold." ZH wrapped a blanket around Mila who stood at the porch watching the rain.

"I don't know how long it's been since we've been here. I just felt like I was stuck inside a dream and can never wake up." Mila sat down on the bench that was placed on the porch. "Come watch with me." Mila patted the open spot next to her.

ZH went ahead sitting down next to her on the bench. Mila didn't care and laid her head on his shoulder. "I've recognized that you've gotten taller." He smiled, seeing that she was able to learn better on his shoulder since the last time that they met.

"I won't be a kid forever. I'll be a grown woman soon." Mila felt warmth from ZH, she then thought about her father and Leo knowing that they were at least out of harm's way. "Do you think they will come looking for me?" Mila then asked, keeping her gaze on the rain.

6