Chapter 104
65 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mila? Mila?"

Mila heard someone calling out to her, she didn't know who it was, but their voice sounded pleasant to listen to. "Who's calling me?" She said with her eyes still shut with no intention of opening them yet.

"How long do you plan to sleep for?" She heard the lady say with a tone that turned a little more serious. "If you don't wake up now, then things will take a turn for the worse." She included after, hoping that Mila would wake up to know what had happened.

Slowly opening her heavy eyelids, Mila saw a very heavenly woman who held a smile that made one feel warmth and safety. 'I feel like I've seen you before.' Mila couldn't exactly recall anything, but she felt as though the woman before her looked too familiar. Her honey-blonde hair and ocean blue eyes had Mila thinking until her head started hurting. 'Why can't I remember?'

"You've just woken up so don't overthink anything during this time." The woman said, smiling at the young lady who tried to recall back a few of her memories. 'Why do you want to try recalling a few things when you are still not in the best state of mind?' Thinking how this young lady does nothing but thinks all the time with no time for herself to relax for anything.

"I thought I was dead," Mila remembered her vision going dark with no recollection of anything else soon after all of that happened. It all just felt like a dream again, but she at least had no nightmares this time which was a little surprising to her. The last thing she remembered was being with ZH, and now she was in a strange place that felt like she was feeling better being able to move around feeling mana all around her. 'Very strange place. Makes me feel very lively and energetic all of a sudden.' She thought, looking around to see the sky then to see what looked to be like a flower bed that she was laying down in. 'Is this a... bed?' Looking to see how the flower bed was rather beautiful to have if one was a carefree woman with no struggles in their life.

"Haha, you sure seem to be over-thinking things along with being fascinated at the same time with everything around you. You're not dead, little one." The woman lightly petted Mila's head to see how things changed with the sleeping youth here. "You're very much alive. Your soul has just finished healing after everything that you've been through in the real world." The woman didn't think that the young lady she was with would be quite unusual in her mind.

"My soul???" Mila didn't understand what was going on at that moment. 'How did I come here? Wasn't I with ZH? Did they get captured???' Feeling nothing, but more and more concern for her people who could be in danger while she was in an unknown place. 'Why am I just laying here while my friends and family could be in danger?' Trying to get up, she was soon stopped by the woman who did not allow her to move around so much.

"Your people are safe. Trust me." The woman figured that Mila would be in fear for her people who stood by her side since the beginning of her rebirth. "Your soul was the last thing that needed to be healed. Once you were hit by that fire arrow, then it almost completely shattered your soul when it wasn't fully healed from the last spell you cast upon yourself." The woman was very accurate which made Mila quite amazed that she knew so much. 'I see that you noticed how much I know about you.' The woman could see how Mila started to feel lost and confused with her since they knew nothing about one another in this situation.

"How do you know so much about me?" First, there was confusion in her mind, but it aroused suspicion for Mila since she never really met this woman before in her entire life. 'Is she perhaps a spy? Maybe, a long-lost acquaintance that I could've come across.' She didn't want to start assuming and putting the woman before her in the wrong place or any wrong ideas. 'Best to not assume so quickly about her.' She knows that making quick decisions would make one misunderstand something or be led astray from something else.

"I knew you would ask. Also, I'm glad that you don't put me into those types of thoughts either." The woman giggled after seeing how Mila wasn't a young one to overthink if you took one glance at her. "Let's just say that I'm like your guardian angel." She said, looking over to Mila. 'I am glad that you do not try to put any blame on anyone or rather think negatively towards them.' Both women sat across from one another on the flower bed that lay below them.

Mila on the other hand just noticed that the lady had somewhat read her mind or something. She didn't even want to think about anything since it made her a bit fearful of what the woman could find out about her.

"Don't worry. I already know everything about you so you're fine." The woman said, surprising Mila even more, making her unable to think much of anything or what to do.

"Well, why are we in this place?" Mila finally thought of something to ask and looked around, seeing how it wasn't her unconscious mind that she was in. Since she would've already met her beast friends, but seeing how none of them were there then it's likely not her state of the unconscious mind that she was in.

"As I said, you needed to heal. Your soul and mana are now fully replenished. I think it's about time that you wake up instead of letting everyone continue to wait for you." The woman looked to see the young lady who had been unconscious for some time while she healed her on the side. "When you wake up, I will advise you that you won't be able to use your elements or mana for a few days. Your body will need time to adjust and fully use mana again since you overused it too much back then." Being told that, Mila did use a lot to protect everyone for them to leave Mireraweth kingdom safely.

"Umm... then I guess I'll go back now rather than later. What's your name before I go?" Mila got up with the lady taking a hold of her hand, taking a glance at the lady with no idea what other thought she had in mind.

Both were walking forth to what looked to be a long path that looked mysterious. "Well, it's been a long time since I've last spoken to someone. My name is Grace." Grace continued to hold Mila's hand, making sure that she did not go off the path since one would get curious about what stood outside the path.

Hearing that name, Mila knew immediately who it was as everything around her flashed like a bright light. Not allowing her to speak to Grace any longer, not being able to see her anywhere. Slowly opening her eyes, looking around seeing herself in a very fancy bed with a fancy high-class bed frame.

Getting up, her body felt weak as if she hadn't used it in a long time. Looking down, her hair was very long going past her knees, but then she noticed that her body looked more different from before. 'What's going on?!' She immediately got up even though she stumbled a bit from the sudden rush to move around.

Looking around to try and find a mirror, she rushed over to look at herself as soon as she could. She gasped, seeing that her scar was gone; completely gone. Her hair was still the same silky purple and her eyes were the same dark cyan, just like how she remembered. Her body had grown into a full adult filling her with new questions. 'How long have I been asleep for? Is this me? There were no spells used one me. I can't seem to sense any at the current moment.' Not sensing a single mana or spell used on her, she was only able to detect healing spells used on her and that was about it. 'I need to see where I am first.'

***

Kate was resting at the current moment in Mila's unconscious mind, sensing that her 'mother' was awake now after so long. [Vivian! Skye! Mama is awake!!!] Kate started to jump and hit around onto her two friends who were close to her.

[Not yet. Don't wake me up yet.] Vivian moved her head away, not wanting to deal with the young Kate since they had to do so for so long. They were finally able to rest, but now things were going to become busy once more.

[No! We have to wake up and see mama!] Kate kept nagging at them, biting them by the ears and tugging at their wings.

[Hey! Just wait until she calls us!] Skye screeched, looking to the frightened Kate who started to whimper and cry at the corner of the place. Skye knew that it was harsh, but sometimes they needed to be harsh to avoid spoiling the young ones.

[You both don't care about mama! If you did, then you both would want to hurry out and see her!] Kate yelled out with tears and snot still on her little fox face.

[*sigh* It is not that we do not care. Mama is tired and she is still weak. If we foolishly tell her to summon us, then it can hurt her. We do not want that, right?] Skye looked to the little fox that had gone back to the two, nodding since she did agree about wanting to protect Mila and avoid her from getting hurt.

[Mama has been resting for a few years now. Back then, she barely managed to survive, so we must be considerate about her situation and her state since it is different for humans. Humans and beasts are different by a big gap, us beasts live longer than humans to begin with. Since we are all connected to her then we will die about the same time as her, if we choose to do so.] Vivian explained little by little to Kate who was growing up, no longer being the little fox that they used to let go so easily.

[I understand.] Kate sadly had to wait, knowing that she had to be like the two friends of hers who held a lot of patience.

***

"Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!"

Hearing a woman scream, Mila saw a maid and didn't know if she was probably still in the Mireraweth kingdom or not. She started running away even though she was still wearing her nightgown without caring if everyone saw her dressed that way.

"Oh my goodness!"

"Somebody stop her!"

Mila didn't know who they were beside the idea that they were maids. Seeing maids and servants coming to stop her. She hopped over each one of them not knowing how she was going to escape if they had bad intentions towards her.

Looking out the window, she decided to risk it. 'F*** it!' She ran towards it with her forearms blocking her face. Breaking the glass, she could see that she was on the second floor. 'Shit! I didn't think about this! I can't even call Skye out to give me a lift!' Seeing only a tree, she waited for impact with it, but there was nothing.

"Hm, you're finally awake and this is the first thing you try to do." Hearing a familiar voice, she looked up to see ZH. The same old mask he still wore with his same long lavender grey hair.

'ZH...'

6