Chapter 11
466 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She heard Sirius gasp as he entered the room. Harry was playing, using some charm or another to make the toy soldiers fight. Was that an animated dragon? Kreacher was playing too, using some charm to throw his wooden footmen at Harry's. Meanwhile, Harry was waving the wand, using Reparo every time one fell from the sky. 

Harry froze as he saw her, and broke into a smile. "Hi Mommy." He said.

"Hello there Harry!" Lily replied, copying his smile. Well, perhaps not copied, but they looked the same. Harry was really becoming more and more like her. "This is your godfather, Sirius Black. You can call him Uncle Black." 

"Hello uncle Black!" Harry said, dropping his wand. Kreacher's charms stopped, but why did his face drop like that? 

"Master is here, Kreacher will go, Kreacher will make food for Harry." He muttered, scrambling off like a mouse seeing a cat. Or a cat seeing a dog, Lily thought with a chuckle. 

Harry ran over to Sirius, wrapping him in a tight hug. At least, he hugged his leg. Sirius didn't bend down for the hug, but started, his mouth dropping to the floor. 

He spun towards him. "You taught him an animation charm?" He demanded. 

"Yes, I taught him almost everything I knew. If it's a charm, my little Harry knows it." Lily said, her smile growing wider. 

Sirius stared at her as if she had told him Harry was a pixie, and his gaze swung to him. He looked at Harry, grabbing his leg with a smile, then at her, and his face broke into a grin that made her sweat. "I see." He said, a glint entering his eyes as he grinned. He looked like a child staring at a Christmas present.

Lily felt her eyebrows raising, but laughed it off. Sirius would not pull Harry around teaching him pranks, would he? Sirius would not be that type of go… curse that, Sirius was exactly that kind of godfather. Her laughter faded. 

"Harry, mommy will be going to work as an auror and can't look after you, so you will be staying with your godfather. Uncle Sirius will be teaching you how to defend against the Dark Arts, and general combat abilities." She said, looking at Sirius with smoldering eyes. "You will be staying with him during this time, and come back with me after you are finished, immediately" She said. "Right, Sirius?" 

Sirius looked like he had been told Christmas was cancelled. His grin froze on his face, and he swallowed as if he was choking on something. "Yes, of course, Lily." He said, flinching under her glare. 

"Harry, be sure to tell me how your lessons with Uncle Black are, okay? I will be checking on you from time to time." She said. And beating up Sirius if he decides to try anything, she added silently. 

She gave Harry a hug after fetching her wand. "Stay safe, okay? " She asked, kissing him on the cheek. 

"Okay." Harry nodded. Lily felt some relief looking into his eyes. If Sirius tried corrupting him, he would tell her. Would he? No, she had to make sure. 

Lily gave Sirius her sweetest smile on her way out the door. "If anything happens to Harry." She whispered, her green eyes venomous. 

Sirius gulped. "He'll be fine, Lily. I won't teach him anything I shouldn't. There won't be a single hair missing from his head when you're back." He promised. Had it been anyone else they would have looked solemn, though it made Sirius appear more foolish than ever. Lily shook her head. This was not a bad decision, she hoped. It had better not be. 

Lily looked back three times before her exit. Sirius maintained his air, almost like a soldier preparing to march into battle. His back was straight, and he displayed no emotion on his face. Waiting for her to leave, she guessed. She left after some time, unable to shake that feeling in her stomach, she couldn't tell what. 

Sirius wouldn't try anything, would he? No, she could trust him. A few pranks, childish charms, and other frivolities from his youth were acceptable pains compared to what Harry could gain. Besides, they were in one of the most protected homes within a few hundred kilometers, what could possibly happen?

6