CHAPTER – 28
177 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lily entered the potions classroom to a chorus of cheering and complaints. 

 

“Come on, Harry! One more! Clockwise now!” It was a bizarre sight to say the very least. Her little Harry was standing atop a stool, stirring a cauldron with furious strength as the other students shouted advice. 

 

She blinked, rubbing her eyes. But it was no dream. “Last one, dragon’s liver, we did it!” The cheer was taken up by several other students as Lily walked inside. For once, the attention was not on her. Instead, all eyes were on Harry Potter. She saw Severus walk over. 

 

“Do you know what the punishment is for cheating on a test, Potter?” She heard him ask. 

 

Harry stared up with an innocent smile on his face. “Of course not, Professor, I’ve never gone to Hogwarts before.” 

 

Severus had a grin on his face, the same grin Lily remembered when he caught James in trouble. “Ah, that’s true. I suppose it’s unfair to punish you then.” He turned to the other students. “Thirty points from every student that helped Potter cheat.” He said. 

 

Cries of protest rose from the crowd. “Hey, no fair. This is just a practice test. Besides, you never even taught him how to brew.” One reasoned. Several students murmured agreement. 

 

“If he wanted help, then he should have asked. Ten points from Gryffindor for talking back to a teacher, Weasely.” Severus said. 

 

“But-” He protested. 

 

“Five more points from Gryffindor.” Severus continued. He shut his mouth. 

 

“Wait, Professor.” Harry spoke up. 

 

“Do you have something to add, Potter?” Severus’ grin widened. 

 

“You mentioned taking points away from those who finished after me.” Harry said, gesturing towards those who were still brewing. Lily took a glance, and she covered a chuckle. Most had the green and silver robes of a Slytherin. 

 

“I count five Slytherins, three Hufflepuffs, and a Gryffindor. That’s a hundred and fifty points from Slytherin, ninety from Hufflepuff, and thirty from Gryffindor, right professor?” Harry asked.  

 

Severus’s face turned as green as his house colors. “You cheated, Potter. It would be unfair to punish them, no?” 

 

“Hey wait a moment now.” Harry protested. “When I asked you for instructions you said to brew the potion. You never mentioned I couldn’t have other students helping me.” 

 

The room fell silent. “Those who learn at Hogwarts must also learn the rules.” Severus said. 

 

Harry nodded. “But I’m not a student of Hogwarts, Professor, or a student in your class. I’m just a guest as you said, right? Doesn’t everyone remember Professor Snape saying that?” 

 

A chorus of “yes” and “yeah” answered him. “I don’t see the rules anywhere either.” Harry pointed out, looking around the classroom. Indeed, there was none. 

 

“My apologies, but I forgot to teach little Harry the rules here.” Lily spoke up. “I had an unfortunate accident, and made a trip to the infirmary.” She gave Severus a glare. 

 

He sighed. “One hundred and fifty points from Slytherin, ninety from Hufflepuff, and thirty from Gryffindor. Class dismissed.” He said. A cheer in the room followed the declaration. Lily made her way to Harry past numerous students and stares, and had to wait for the crowd patting Harry’s shoulders and head to move. She caught a few resentful glares from the Slytherins as they passed by, but none too hostile. 

 

“Next time you use dark magic on me, Severus, I’m leaving.” Lily chided, taking a seat on his chair and putting her arms on the desk. 

 

“Lily, please, I’m sorry, I, I didn’t mean to-” He said weakly, looking more like a dog than Sirius could ever hope to be.

 

“You didn’t mean to point your wand at me and cast a spell that could have led to me being maimed or killed, it just slipped out of your mouth like last time. Would it be safer to have you gagged? With soap perhaps?” She asked. 

 

Severus swallowed. “Please, not that. It reminds me of…” He stopped as Lily began laughing. 

 

“Oh Severus, please don’t tell me you think you’re the only person who can be sarcastic. Now, take a joke and stop acting like your father just beat you. Unless he did, then I’ll have to go visit him and give him a few reminders.” He looked down on the ground. 

 

“You really, don’t-” 

 

Lily sighed. “Considering everything I’ve done to you without realizing it, I think it was fair. Now stop talking about it please, there’s no need to leave a reminder every time we meet.” 

 

“Of course.” He said, relief filling his face. 

 

“Now, about the potion. You’ll need Harry with you, of course, and a few lessons on general potions would be helpful now that I think of it. Would you mind?” She asked, giving him her brightest smile. 

 

He melted like wax before a candle. “Of course, I’ll teach young Harry and help prepare the potion.” His face twisted into a grimace. “But I’m no parent, Lily, don’t expect me to be Sirius.” 

 

“Thank you, Severus. I wish you luck on learning on the task, Merlin knows you need it. You don’t have to be as good as Harry, but as long as you are serious enough about it I will be satisfied. See you on the weekends.” She said, giving him a peck on the cheek. 

 

She dismissed herself, leaving a confused Harry and a bamboozled Severus. 

 

3