CHAPTER – 42
104 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Finally awake. So it’s true then, they made a mudblood minister. And I thought the ministry couldn’t sink lower.” A voice came, almost dripping with contempt. She felt spit land on her face. Lily opened her eyes, finding herself face to face with Lucius Mafloy. 

 

“You!” She shouted, trying to lunge. Ropes that had wrapped around her arms restrained her, and only then did she realize she was tied to a chair. Her hands were behind it, and her wand was nowhere in sight. 

 

“Now, now, play nice will you? You are in no condition to fight, and your comrades are all dead. Yes, that’s right, the aurors are all dead. Every last one of them. They wouldn’t surrender, but that didn’t change anything, did it?” He asked. 

 

Lily did not know if she should feel prideful or horrified. “I will not submit! Not while I am still breathing! You would have my corpse before you have my loyalty.” She yelled. 

 

He raised an eyebrow. “That can be arranged. Admirable sentiments, I must say. But I will be needing your signature for a treaty. Now, shall we?” A paper slid under her vision. 

 

Horror was an understatement to what she felt when she saw the contents. “No! I refuse!” She cried. It was a letter of resignation, with Lucius Mafloy as a replacement. Death eaters ruling, only Merlin knows what they would do to the muggle borns. 

 

“Did you ever truly believe you fools stood a chance against the Dark lord? He has conquered death itself. The only reason we are asking for your submission is because he would like more wizards to rule. Even mudblood wizards are wizards after all.” He sneered at this. “They will live, like all servants should. The dark lord was right when he said that they shouldn’t go to waste. Wouldn’t it be a shame if they all died?” 

 

Lily’s blood ran cold. Maybe it was a bluff, but she believed it. Voldemort was as heartless as a man could be, maybe too heartless to be called a man any longer. “You’ll enslave them, I won’t allow it. I will not!” He laughed at this. 

 

“Enslave? No, no, Potter. Would you enslave your fish, your dog? They have been given too much, that is all. We will just be putting them back in their rightful place. But as condolences to you, we could offer the same rights purebloods receive. Just you, Potter, and nobody else. What do you say?” He asked. 

 

“Never.” She spat. 

 

“I thought so. The Dark Lord never counted on buying you with that, though we had to make sure.”

 

“Kill me.” Lily said, her heart lurching. Oh, Harry. He was only a child. How she had wished she had been with him more, been a better mother. Would James be happy to see her? What would her poor son do? “Kill me! I will never surrender!” 

 

He snorted. “Your life means nothing, Potter. But the dark lord had an idea.” From his pocket, he took out a batch of leaves. Mandrake leaves.

 

“No.” Lily gasped. But there was no doubt who those leaves belonged to. Tiny marks, toothbites from a child’s teeth. Mafloy fetched another item, and Lily’s heart sank. A black wand, long and sturdy wood. Severus’ wand.

 

“You’re probably wondering why no help arrived from Hogwarts. Well, they had their own issues to deal with. Oh, he fought hard, Snape did. He was with the boy, but he’s resting now. Don’t worry, they aren’t dead. Yet.” He said. The unspoken threat hung in the air like a noose. 

 

“I can add their lives to this signature. Along with whoever else we capture. Bellatrix has not returned yet, but will soon. Would you like to wait? I must say that I cannot guarantee the avoidance of any... accidents.” He said. His laugh rolled over her like a tide. 

 

“Dumbledore is there. He will save them both, he will stop them.” Lily whispered. 

 

Lucius Mafloy laughed louder. 

 

3