Chapter 3- More foreshadowing
84 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was late in the morning when I woke up. I got out of the tent.

"Good morning," Menandril greeted. Beside him a horse bowed.

"*Yawn* Morning," I replied. I bowed back to the horse. The horse then lied down and ate the hay beside it.

I guess I'm still asleep. *Yawn*

"How's the wound?" "Still there."

Menandril then gave me a plate of food. Ooh, wolves meat.

"Thanks." Where did these things come from?

*Nom* *Nom*

"We will ride after the steed rests." The horsed neighed, as if agreeing to what Menandril said.

"Huh?" The horse was real!?

Menandril noticed my surprised expression. "I sent a raven to Peynar that I needed a horse. He came at night."

"Oh." I was dazed. He looked at me with questioning eyes.

...

It took us three days to reach Mendreal.

Nothing really happened much in those three days, aside from crossing the Piercing River, coming across an army performing military drills, encountering an Herthen, and fighting against goblins at the edge of the Wallforest.

Well, something could've happened, but we were in a hurry. The daemon must be a really really important matter.

...

Arriving with Menandril, I was accepted as a guest. I was immediately brought to a house of healing.

I must say, f*** Menandril.

After being healed, I was invited to a bath. Remember, Meia is a woman. But I'm still a virgin boy. So I accepted of course.

Nothing happened, I was too shy and just stayed at the corner. Shit.

Menandril was busy talking with his father the king, if you're curious. Probably about the daemon.

...

I am currently reading in the royal library. I was hoping I could gain something the books here regarding my dream.

... I should probably tell what the dream is.

In one word, it's a vision.

Something like a light emerging from the North. Before dimming down to reveal a lantern.

That's all I could remember.

Why is that significant, you ask?

Well, up north is a placed called, the Northern Evernights.

And no, its not about that place is always at night. But, the dreadful tranquility it has. According to the books I read.

'... The sun shines brightly, yet his warmth is lost. Chilling air pervades the air. At night, the Moon, the stars hide in the sky, only darkness dwells...'

Unfortunately, I couldn't get anymore information from the library.

...

It was night when I got out of the library.

I met Menandril outside the library.

"You done?" I asked.

"Yes, it is decided that a company would scour the Underpass and the Hundred Ranges. We also sent a messenger to both Gile and Peynar for their cooperation." I was informed, convenient.

"What about you?"

"I am to go to the Elven fortress to the north. I am to inform of the appearance of the daemon. I guess we would be travelling together." Cool.

"Well. Take care of me then." "Hahaha."

"By the way, would you like to have a dinner with us?" Menandril asked. 

"Huh?" "My father is quite interested in you." Eh??

I stared at him. He smiled wryly in return.

Oh no. Please no.

1