Lock 8: A Ride to Remember
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ley dropped me home.

 

"Bye, see you tomorrow," he said, then patted my head before leaving.

 

I went inside, head to my room to put my things and change my clothes. Then get down to the kitchen to cook something.

 

Fast-forward.

 

A month had passed. There's nothing new, and as always, Ley and I would hang out in our free time, it's either in my house or in their house, but there's one thing that changed, it's my feelings for someone. I continue distancing myself from Shane, yet destiny keeps on playing around. There will be days that I'll encounter him in front of the gate early in the morning, some other times in hallways, and lately, I would see him in the library. As much as I like to distant myself from him, my feelings for him do the opposite. I realized today that I've fallen for this guy, and there's nothing I can do but let it happen.

 

I'm in Charm's place right now, asking for her help.

"Can you help me?" I asked.

"What kind of help?" she responded.

"I like Shane," I said.

"Then?" she monotonously said.

"Then? What's with that reaction? You're not even surprised?" asking what was going on.

 

"Zig, I'm your friend, and I know you. I'm watching you," she said with pointing her two fingers on her eyes then into mine, "lately, you've been kind of weird. Not weird at all, because you are weird already. I mean, you're not yourself these past few days. I thought that you were zoning-out, and not listening to our teacher. However, whenever I looked at you, you would always look at Shane's chair. Not just that, I notice that you were avoiding him. I know there's something fishy going on with you," she elaborates.

 

"Am I that obvious?" I asked with disbelief.

"Not really for the others, but I'm your friend," she said and continues what she was saying, "back to the topic. What help do you need about Shane?"

"I'd like you to be a ninja," I answered.

"Ninja?" she's confused.

 

"I am going to write letters and poems for him, and your job is simple as you need to let him receive my letters without knowing that it came from me. I want to make a bento for him too, but discreetly. To do that, I'm thinking of going to school earlier, when there no people yet in the room, so I can leave it on his desk. On his birthday in December, I'll tell him that it was me. It's August now, so we got almost four months," just me discussing my beautiful plan.

 

"You're too complicated. Why not confess to Shane directly?" Charm suggests as if it's so easy. They say, "easier said than done."

"I don't know, but for now, I like it this way. I see nothing wrong with it, and admiring him from afar is enough. He does not need to know me, but he needs to feel that someone is caring about him." I don't know where all of these things are coming from.

"Ok." She agrees with a smile on her face with matching hand gestures, "I'll do my best," she added.

 

After that planning moment, we watched movies. We had popcorns and chips on the side. Also, I asked Charm if I could invite Ley to come over, and she allowed me. The three of us had so much fun today.

 

"Thanks, Charm," we bid our goodbyes.

"Welcome," she replied.

"Hopefully, there's 2nd time," Ley said jokingly.

"Yeah, that would be great," Charm agrees.

 

Ley and I took a jeepney ride going home. Charm's house is in the neighboring subdivision, so we need to take a ride and jeepney the most accessible, and it's cheap. It's rush hour, and the jeepney was full, so it's compressed inside. Ley was on my right side, and there's a lady on my left side near the enter and exit way. Meaning to say, I am 2nd closest to the doorway after the lady beside me. Ley and I were talking casually.

 

"Would you want to stop over in the Café Blanca?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm kind of craving for some cheesecake," I replied.

"It's on - "

"Wait, someone is calling," interrupting him.

 

The jeepney is not moving at the moment as the traffic light is on the red light. I'm about to answer my phone when someone snatched it from my hands. It was the guy in front of me. I have noticed that he has been staring at me since I got in the jeepney. I cannot react quickly, but after a while, I felt scared of what happened, and it left me shocked as everything seems to happen so fast. Ley would want to chase the person who robbed my phone, but I stopped him. I'm worried that he might get hurt in the process. I don't know what to do if there's something unfortunate that will happen to my friend. It's just a phone, and I can replace it anytime if I want to.

 

He sends me home to secure my safety. He then hugged tight and patted my head before leaving. We didn't have the time to go to Café Blanca anymore because I feel very anxious and I want to go home already after that traumatic incident.

0