44: Morning Complications
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the morning Mizuki woke up in an almost leisurely fashion, stretched, and then snuggled up against Sora who was still asleep. 

A moment later Shizune walked in and rummaged in her closet. She turned, and then gasped when she saw Mizuki and Sora cuddled up in bed. 

Mizuki regarded her sister with amusement and lifted one hand to give her a little wave.

Shizune whispered, "Does okaasan know?"

Mizuki blinked in surprise and replied quietly, and uncertainly, "If you mean that we're sleeping together, yes? Sora's been coming every weekend."

"Oh," Shizune said with more surprise than Mizuki had expected, given that she'd chatted about how they were dating now during their weekly exchanges.

"You look really pregnant," Mizuki told her with equal surprise.

Shizune blushed and pointed out, "Well, I am already six months along."

Sora stirred, and murmured, "Mizuki." He ran his hands up her body to caress her, and pressed himself closer before opening his eyes. He froze a moment later.

Mizuki blushed a little as she turned toward him, far enough to see his face, and the blank surprise in his expression. He was staring at Shizune, who was still standing in front of the bed, and after a moment he blushed more deeply than Mizuki had ever seen.

Mizuki laughed and Shizune fled. The door banged behind her but didn't latch. Mizuki rolled over and kissed Sora warmly.

A few minutes later an uncertain young voice spoke up from the doorway, "Oba-chan? Oji-san? Jii-jii says breakfast."

Mizuki and Sora froze. A little breathlessly Mizuki replied, "Okay, thank you Shu-chan, we'll get dressed in a minute, can you close the door behind you?"

"Yeah," Shusuke replied cheerfully and the door closed silently except for the small click of the latch.

After a moment Sora asked plaintively, "Can I get us a hotel room for the week?"

Mizuki laughed.

--

A few minutes later, as she stood up and started pulling out clean clothes, Mizuki protested, "A hotel room for an entire week would be really expensive Sora."

"I might die of embarrassment with the rest of your family visiting," he replied, with his hands over his face.

Mizuki stopped, pulled his hands down, and kissed him gently. "It'll be fine Sora," she assured him. She looked at his face, giggled, and added, "Shizu-nee-chan won't dare enter without knocking again, and we can make sure to latch the door."

"Okay," he agreed after a moment, then sighed and got up to get dressed.

--

When they finally entered the main room everyone looked up, and Junshiro grinned at them.

Shusuke informed them, "That was at least eight minutes."

Mizuki shrugged, but then took pity on Sora who was staring at her nephew nervously, and replied, "Sorry, I guess I should have told you ten minutes, not a minute."

Shinichi said tiredly, "Morning."

Mizuki looked at him in surprise, and Shizune explained quickly, "He only got up because we thought we were having Christmas breakfast this morning."

"You can go and sleep more in Shizune's bed, it's the one with pink flowers, it's clean," Mizuki suggested kindly.

Shinichi looked at his wife hopefully and she asked, "Don't you want to eat a bit first?"

"No," he replied simply.

Minori laughed and told her son-in-law, "It's okay, go sleep some more Shinichi-kun."

He immediately crawled to his feet, and entered the room they had just vacated. Minori handed Akane's baby to Mizuki and asked, "Can you feed him?"

Mizuki replied, "Sure? But shouldn't Shizu-nee-chan be practicing?"

Shizune pouted at her and complained, "Don't use my pregnancy to pawn him off on me please Mizuki. I'm not as tired as Shinichi, but I'm still tired."

"Okay," she agreed easily, and settled herself at the table with her youngest nephew in her lap.

Sora sat beside her, and then looked at Shizune and blushed a little again.

Junshiro laughed and asked, "Were you naked when she went in there?"

"We've been sleeping naked the whole time," Mizuki informed him calmly.

Minori blushed and reminded them, "Children are present."

Shusuke apparently felt this was his prompt to speak up on the subject. He informed his family sadly, "Ka-chan won't let me sleep naked. She keeps making me put my pajamas back on."

"Tyrant," Mizuki ruthlessly pronounced her eldest sister, but told him reassuringly, "When you grow up you can wear as much or as little as you want at home."

"Until you get married," Junshiro added quickly.

Minori rolled her eyes at her husband.

--

A while after breakfast Sora asked, "Should we go on another formal date tonight Mizuki? Since it's a holiday, I should probably make reservations if you would like to."

"Yes!" Mizuki agreed enthusiastically, and then kissed him before settling on the floor beside her nephews.

Sora looked like he objected to her choice of seat, but didn't protest. He quickly turned his attention to his phone and browsed through the somewhat limited options. He eventually arranged a reservation, at a place on the far side of town, that advertised seating with views of a Christmas tree display. 

Mizuki was still occupied with her nephews, so he looked up the availability of the consoles they had been eyeing. A few minutes later he told her unhappily, "We should have bought the consoles early Mizuki."

She looked up from where she was playing with the baby and Shusuke, and asked with surprise, "Why? I thought we agreed to wait until tomorrow, after we combine our accounts?"

"It's all sold out," he informed her regretfully. "We are going to have to order it off the net."

Mizuki grinned at him, to his surprise, and told him cheerfully, "If the consoles are that popular, maybe you should order them now? I can buy one if it's too much."

"It's fine, I'll go ahead then. Sorry we won't have them to play with right away, there didn't seem to be much of a rush right after they came out, so I just assumed it wouldn't be a problem," he admitted a little grumpily.

Shizune asked, "What kind are you two getting? Shinichi has one of practically everything. Maybe I can play with you guys sometimes."

Sora went ahead and ordered the pair, while they talked about the handheld systems they'd chosen, and the games currently available for it.

--

Shinichi got up again about noon, looking much more cheerful. He kissed his wife and asked, "Should we order delivery for lunch so that no one has to cook, with so many of us here?"

Junshiro spoke up agreeably, "I favor that plan, there is a pretty good shop nearby too." Mizuki gave her father a look, and he told his youngest daughter firmly, "There is no reason we can't order food from them just because you're still mad at Tooru-kun. You are already with someone else anyway. Move on."

Mizuki laughed at that, and agreed, "Alright."

Sora frowned but didn't ask anything, despite being fairly certain that the name matched a friend she'd mentioned when they'd met her friend Katsuji.

1