CH2: From Europa With Love
120 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

From its stationary position in Europa, the railgun mercilessly pelted Saturn with anti-planetary artillery. The Flotilla of Echos was only able to shoot back once. Five thousand years' worth of Terraforming were undone in seconds as the atmosphere of Saturn collapsed and the man-made continents turned to dust.

God was dead. The Alpha-Centurian dream of Reconquest was dead. The invasion force had all been caught in the series of blasts that turned the Human-made paradise into a graveyard.

All perished but one, Fighter-Class Andromeda. Being the one and only survivor, she automatically became the Polemarch as dictated by Alpha-Century’s Law of Military Hierarchy.

Upon switching her gear to blitzkrieg. She flew through the moons of Jupiter and landed on Mars. Among the rust, she was approached by UNS Dreadnought Class Victoria, whose battle-hammer was ready for combat. Her spiky crown radiated splendidly under the martian sun.

“Move! I bring a message for Terra that will end the war!” Andromeda shouted.

“Your message is meaningless. Now prepare to die.”

“But why!? Thousands of years have passed. What is the purpose of this petty war! Are Terrans truly out of their mind!?”

“Silence. You are an enemy combatant.” Vicky responded. Ending the conversation with a charge.

UNS Dreadnoughts were ancient. Every single melee attack was dodged by the Fighter-Class.

“Pitiful,” Andromeda said.

But the fight did not cease. Victoria attempted to slam her hammer onto Andromeda, but her vicious attacks were as pointless as a rabid dog trying to bite a cat that has climbed a tree. Rage could not close the gap between two ships built two millennia apart.

When at last Victoria broke down and plunged into the floor, Andromeda did not strike back. The ancient machine of war was paralyzed by a malfunction and could do nothing but await her death while sitting on her knees.

Her breakdown was not caused by faulty design, instead it was an inevitable system failure caused by time. It had been a while since she received a change of parts. The gods had neglected her, despite her giving her all.

“Why,” Victoria asked. “Why have you not killed me? I’ve personally killed hundreds of Echos in my lifetime.”

Andromeda only said one thing before departing. “And what would that do?”

Then the Fight-class departed. Leaving Victoria alone, in the red martian plains were there was nothing but dust. After a week, the dreadnought’s brunette hair was filled with red dust. She had lost her will to live, but her kind was unable to die.

“I really wish I could’ve seen Stella’s dandelions.”

3