One Hundred Percent Immersion (Chapter 0)
22 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Welcome to the show" Akira said, speaking to a camera. The man put on a smile, a kind one, as if he was an older brother who was seeing their sibling for the first time in a very long time. "Here at Hollow Wall, we've been working on some new games, ones that we hope you'll soon be able to enjoy" he spoke calmly, moving his hands as he talked a bit, accentuating his words.

Behind the green screen, a group of scientists worked to set up the project, hearing their boss talk so calmly right before what he planned to do. He was insane, he was sociopathic, he was unable to feel fear. These were all rumors surrounding their boss from the work force. They had to work very closely with him though, he felt fear, and nervousness, but it laid buried behind a manic insanity. Driving him forward with an excited smile to pursue even the chance that his theory was true. The theory that VR had already reached The Matrix Point, and everyone was just in denial about the implications of this.

"Oftentimes, on social media, and during our bi-monthly Q&A Sessions, we are asked if we ever plan to enter the VR market. It's a growing industry, but there will always be room for more traditional games" Akira spoke, humming a bit before glancing at his hand, flexing it. It was a single to drop the greenscreen.

Across the world, the viewers watching the livestream of this company observed as the CEO of Hollow Wall. A CEO mind you, who was the manager of a well known non-VR company, yet was also a lively advocate of NPC rights. Had the black and green background behind him drop, revealing a few people working on a massive and modded looking Gateway Capsule Console. Questions flooded the chat, mainly asking what in the world was up with it.

Akira glanced back, his eyes widening with a larger smile appearing on his lips "This, viewers, and consumers. Is our newest product, purely a prototype at this point by the way. All modifications that have been done to this GC are in fact, currently illegal and unable to be sold. Once it's tested though, and some, kinks are worked out. It will be available for sale" he said, walking up to it. It was at least three times the normal size, and through the glass case there were notably dozens of electrodes and wires. The size didn't even take into account all the monitoring equipment on it.

Akira softly touched the glass, looking back to the camera "This, this is no longer just a Gateway Capsule. This is a Portal, that is the technical name we have decided for it. All the equipment on it, and the various attachments you see, are exclusive to us, made for maximum immersion. Immersion is a real issue, that has penetrated the VR chat groups, and the news as of late"

He continued to speak as the camera cut so he could get ready, getting dressed in a custom made VR-Suit. The viewers were treated to a slideshow of various news articles and media clips as he talked. "Ultima, that one NPC, who, according to the report of Reality Entertainment, is now gone and removed from the game. He has caused mental damage, and it has sparked two debates, because of how he acted. Was Ultima sentient, and furthermore, is immersion an issue that should stop being pursued in games?" He said as the slideshow ended, showing the CEO in a tight suit with various red lines on it, notably a rainbow unity symbol adorned the front, serving no practical purpose.

"I'm here to tell you, probably, but that hasn't stopped me or my company from making the Portal"  Akira opened up the capsule, staring straight at the camera "One, Hundred, Percent, Immersion" he said chuckling a little, before laughing "How can that be achieved you may ask?" he held his hand up and clenched it into a tight fist "This machine can kill people, it simulates pain, physically" he said. "The truth is, the version we plan to sell will not have that level, obviously. This prototype does though. Every single sensation a person can feel has been carefully simulated and studied, in order to induce it. The threat of death was an obstacle, so we continued on despite it" 

The CEO laid down inside the console, as scientists began to hook him up "Be sure to continue watching viewers, don't worry, I'm not going to die, I don't plan to" he said "What I am here to do today is use this dangerous prototype to prove, to the entire world. That we have created sentience, and to demonstrate this. We are going to be using a very old game, we would like to state that it is not for sale. This version has been fully converted to VR, and everything has been ready with it. It even uses the Infinity Possibility system as patented by Reality Entertainment. Lots of money has gone into proving this" he closed his eyes.

Akira smirked before he was administered a dose of chloroform to make him fall asleep. The equipment began to beep as the capsule closed and sealed closed, the scientists all making sure things were fine before the camera shut off. 

The stream buffered for a long while, all the viewers now in the dark, waiting in anticipation for what would come next. The news didn't hesitate, reporting and drawing in more viewers as the insane CEO of Hollow Wall had announced he was going into a death trap to prove The Matrix Point.

Announcement
If there is an actual name for the theory I'm talking about, let me know please
0