Info dump (worldbuilding, can skip)
111 6 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So just a heads up this will probably contain spoilers so here’s your warning.

P.S: I use the term ‘because reasons’ a lot because I don’t wanna blow too many of my loads in a bonus chapter.

So the world or MC got reincarnated into is a mishmash of different fictions, namely Devil may cry, Bayonetta, God of war (in the history of the world mostly), with some resident evil and the originals mixed in for flavor.

In regards to the originals, the lore in regards to their origins will change, mostly powers are getting a massive boost. Characters on the other hand will be very similar, not that I’m getting into much of that drama, just a side note.

I’m a resident evil casual at best so I’ll be taking stuff from both the movies and games, in regards to the movies most of them are shit in my opinion but there are some dope concepts mixed in there so I’ll be exploring what happens when you throw angels and demons into the mix. When it comes to those games, my experience is severely lacking but I’ll do my best.

An overview of the planet goes as follows,

A quick history lesson. (a better version given by a wise old demon is planned for later chapters.)

Mostly the same as earth but it has a few extra islands and cities.

As of this worlds creation Titans ruled first, because of reasons they were overthrown by their own children in the form of the gods (think god of war but on a worldwide scale involving hundreds of gods and titans) After that, peace among the nine realms but because of reasons they were overthrown by others. In the aftermath the nine realms where mostly destroyed and the creation god Jubileus (see Bayonetta) awakened and restructured the remains into what we have today. As is the case with history, the new peace lasted a while until the demon realm was overthrown by Mundus (Devil may cry) who all but destroys the first human civilization(super advanced technology, think Atlantis from DC but they didn’t survive in the sea) in his conquest of the mortal world, more details about changes in the story but it ends the same, Sparta sacrifices his power and seals the demon realm away. With the demon realm sealed there was no one to keep the angels in check, In comes Bayonetta lore, Well not really but I’m giving the credit of sealing them away to an ancient order of magic users who eventually break off into the umbra witches, lumen sages and what’s known as witches in the Originals. Fast forward a few thousand years and Bayonetta wakes up after getting pulled out of a lake, 10 years later and boom, Temen-Ni-Gru pops out of the ground (MC is 1 Year old at this point) and the world learns about the existence of demons. A year later the umbrella corporation nukes a city and all their dirty secrets gets leaked by a whistle blower (again, details in the story) the next few months sees a rash of outbreaks around the world but none go further than the city or village they infect, all survivors experience a lapse in memory for the duration of the events and conspiracy theorists are having a field day with it(wait for the truth in the story). Btw, the technology level as of our MC being born is the late 90’s, so in her teens Google is gonna be a thing.

 

Umbrella are up to their worldwide shenanigans like in the games and movies, but we’ll see them in America mostly with The originals in New Orleans, like in the game Bayonetta starts out in America and goes to Europe for all the angelic shit that goes down, but being in a world with other witches and thousand year old vampires might just change when that happens. The events of devil may cry 1 take place on a remote fictional island (Mallet island) so I’ll put that one just off the coast of japan, the City for 3 is never named and 5 is Redgrave city so I’ll just say it’s on the mainland somewhere and Temen-Ni-Gru appeared in the residential area of it. Devil may cry 2 happens in a fictional city with characters that sound French as fuck so I’ll go with that and put it in France, and God of war is legit ancient history so yeah.

A/N: there are a lot of gaps and loopholes in what I explained but I’ve got my reasons, I’ll answer any questions you might have in the comments and try to avoid spoilers.

4