Chapter 13: Sweet Sunset
366 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We were watching the sunset in her attic while she's sitting on my lap and in my arms, when I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my head. I felt dizzy for a few moments, but I eventually recovered from it. My captor, then, turned her body little by little to face me.

"Hey, hey, love, you okay? What's the matter?"
"No, its nothing. I'm fine."
"Are you sure? That looked like it hurt you a lot."
"No, it just happens sometimes. I'm fine."

After I said that, she placed her face beside me and her cheek came in contact with mine.

"What are you doing?"
"I'm checking your temperature to see if you're sick."
"I'm not. I told you, I'm fine."

She then puts her forehead on mine with her eyes closed.

("What is she doing? If I really am sick, isn't she risking herself into catching my fever as well?")
"Well, your temperature seems fine. Everything's normal."
"See? I'm fine. I know my body."
"Mm-hmm, of course you do."  *pokes my nose*
"..."  *straight face*
"Oh, come on. How come are you, not even the slightest bit, affected by this?"
"What do you mean?"
"I mean having a woman in front of you, sitting on your lap while facing you closely. Most guys in this situation are already turning red, or rather, getting turned on."  *wink*
"Well, too bad for you, since I'm not like 'most guys'. I don't know how to properly respond since I never dealt with this before, and I never have to."
"Aww. What, you wanna die single and alone?"
"Possibly. And its not always supposed to sound so sad."
"Well, perhaps I can change your mind on that."  *seductive look*
"On what, exactly?"
"On being alone. Well, technically, you aren't because you have me. And I'll be with you until you die, and even in death, I'll be with you."
"Huh. Such persistence."
"Mmm, just shut up and come here."  *leans closer*

She looked at me in the eye, then looked down on my lips, she's definitely gonna kiss me. Just before she manages to get close enough, I quickly moved my head to the side while holding the back of her head. Surprisingly, she didn't struggle while I'm holding her in place.

"Hmph, you're so unexpected."  *blush*
"About what?"
"You wouldn't let me have a hug earlier, but you're giving me one now."
"What do you- Ohh."
"You've never dealt with this before, huh. But it looks like you've practiced a bit."
"No. I didn't."
"Well, whatever. You hug so good, I'll stay like this for a while."  *hugs tighter*

I stared back into the sunset, watching the sky change color bit by bit. I can feel the warmth of the sky resonate with my body. Then, I put my attention to my captor, embracing me while sleeping.

("Hm, so this is what they call 'snuggling', huh.")
...
("It feels nice in its own way.")

 

The sun has completely set, with only a little amount of sunlight visible from the horizon. My captor has completely fallen asleep in my arms, and I decided to keep it that way. I tried standing up and carrying her as much as possible without changing her position. I walked back to the ladder to get down.

("How am I gonna carry her down without waking her or causing any injury?")
...
("Fine, I'll just hug her tighter with one arm.")

I slowly make my way down the ladder, which is so difficult since I'm wearing handcuffs. After a minute of slow and careful steps, I finally made it down. I pushed the ladder back up and walked towards the bedroom. I slowly release her from my arms as I laid her down the bed. I took a moment to look at her face. Something about her face gives me a strong, unidentified feeling.

("What is with this, I don't know.")
...
("Why does she seem so familiar to me?")
...
("Never mind. Its probably because of earlier. I guess I got carried away with the snuggling.")
...
("I have a chance to look around the house while she's still asleep. I better hurry up.")

I slowly walked away from the bed and left the room. This floor is basically just a bedroom and a bathroom, with a ladder to the attic. I went downstairs to memorize the entire house.

 

From the staircase is the entire living room, the front door is just a couple of meters away from the bottom of the stairs. I immediately thought of leaving, but I retained my focus. I walked across the living room towards the hallway leading to the kitchen and the bathroom. Everything looks normal, strangely normal for a mentally deranged person.

("I know what I'm seeing towards her, I'm not just judging her by what she's done. But is this really all there is?")

I checked the kitchen drawers and cabinets, I even checked the refrigerator. I went to the bathroom, but still, nothing.

("Where's the baseball bat? Any sort of weapon? Syringe storage? Ropes?")

As I rummaged through the living room, suddenly, I heard her voice from upstairs.

"Oh, Loruel. Where are you? Why did you leave me alone on bed? That's so unromantic."

I immediately returned everything to its original place as quiet as possible. Afterwards, I walked inside the bathroom and closed the door while listening closely. I hear her footsteps getting louder with each step. I kept my breathing as quiet as possible.

"Loruel, love. There's no need to hide from me. Come to me now, you have a little explaining to do."

I hear her walking across the living room, I continued to listen quietly.

"Why don't you come out now? There's nowhere you could go, except to me."

When I heard her walking to the bathroom, I immediately turned my back on the door and faced the toilet. I acted as natural as I possibly can.

"Oh, there you are love. Of all the places you could hide, why the bathroom?"
"What are you talking about? I haven't urinated for almost a week."
"Oh...I actually forgot about that. Its been six days, hasn't it?"
"Yes, it has. Can you step out for a moment?"
"Oh, you, so shy. Okay, then."

I finished urinating and fixed up my pants. I walked out the bathroom and saw her sitting on the couch. She patted down her side, signaling me to come sit beside her. "I came to notice that you've looked through some stuff down here. Care to explain?", she said to me with a bewitching look. Of course she would know, and I mentally prepare myself for the worst.

13