Letter 11 – 11/10/1977
281 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

11/10/77

Dear Sam,

What’s this shit about about a hotel? You ain’t staying in no damn hotel. You’re staying with us. No ifs or buts, you’re gonna save that money for something more important. And don’t you worry about Ma, I’ll get her on board. Bring Sarah on up too, I’d love to meet her in person. If she’s alright with that. I wouldn’t want to make her uncomfortable or anything. I know I can be a bit much.

I wouldn’t blame you if you changed your mind and didn’t even come on down. I can’t imagine having to walk into that bus station knowing what was waiting for you at the end. You got balls man. Well, not exactly but you know what I mean. I couldn’t do it. With or without someone with me, I couldn’t. I’m practically sick at the thought. I do think that doing it at the station is the right call. They ain’t gonna throw half the fit there they’d throw at home. Even I know that. 

Do you want me to be waiting outside to pick you up? Hell, I’ll even run the heater for you. I’m more than willing to burn that gas since it’ll be a special occasion and all. It hasn’t actually been too bad down here yet though. Hasn’t frozen over yet. It hasn’t even reached the 30’s actually. I mean, I’ll still run it but it might not even really be needed. Get it nice and toasty for your first time back. Is Sarah one of them who’s always cold? I’m off for a couple of days so I’m happy to burn through some gas if she is. Well, assuming she even wants to come down of course. Be nice to see her. Make sure to tell her I said that, but not in a weird way. I don’t want to be creepy. 

Also, and I can’t believe I almost forgot to write this, of course we can do our senior routine. It’s never too cold for milkshakes.

Talk to you soon (in person!),

J

Happy Pride month! I hope y'all enjoy the double letter post to celebrate.

22