Chapter 2 Once again
28 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2 Another Chance

“Sir Arthur?”

Hearing the voice, Jake or Arthur woke up from his daze and stared away from the panel, ignoring it for now, to the knight. From his memories this person’s names is John. A second level Knight under him. Organizing his memories, he started to piece puzzles in his mind. His name is Arthur Lucas. Age 18. A level 4 knight, the heir to the viscount title. Has two younger siblings. The captain of the Lucas knight company. A genius who reached level 4 knight at the age of 17. But stopping his thoughts Arthur focuses on the current issue. Right, we came here hearing a distress message from the Iron Lily city. We thought it was a small-scale squad of demons turns out it was hundreds of demons attacking the city. We were too late and by the time we got here the city was already conquered. Right now, the others should be discussing what to do.

Despite his transmigration and dizziness of the situation Arthur chooses to act quickly as enemies can come suddenly. He stood up and walked out along with John. John didn’t say a word and just followed behind. Getting closer to the meeting places shouting’s can be heard. Arthur walks in and the place quieted down.

“Arthur I’m glad you’re okay now. We need to make a decision now” Said one of the knight with short brown hair and who was short compared to others. This knights name is Wally.

Arthur observes his surroundings although he already knew them based on his memories, they still feel a bit like a stranger to him. Just as he was about to speak.

“Arthur, please think this through, we can’t just go there with just 40 knights that’s just suicidal” Said vice-captain Leo who was tall blonde and had a scar to his neck.

Hearing this Arthur was puzzled, retreat was the obvious choice so why would his vice-captain telling me this? Just as he was pondering. Memories came to him of times where he fought dozens of enemies alone just to save one person, or the time where he stormed to the enemy’s fortress just to plant a magic device, or even the time hundreds of people where being chased by demons and he was just the only one who stayed behind to help them escape.

“Ah” A short quit voice came out from him. Turns out this guy Arthur is pretty nice.

Being daze for a moment he spoke “We’re retreating.”

Hearing this all the people were shocked. They knew that there was about 95% chance that the captain will choose to stay and was prepared to convince him but was shocked that the first word that came out of the captain is retreat.

Arthur was flabbergasted by their reaction still he continued.

“As much as I’d like to save the civilians. We’re outnumbered. Its better to report this to the viscount and seek help from the others to free the city as fast as possible”

Hearing this most of the people here were relieved

“But captain..” Said one of the knights who before stubbornly wants to stay and save the people.

Shaking his head. “I know what’s on your mind Rock but we can’t do anything just by ourselves. We need to prepare to retreat as enemies can rain down on us anytime”

Despite the reluctance of Rock, he still followed orders.

Hearing the orders everybody started packing. Vice-captain Leo came to Arthur and ask..

“I’m glad you’re okay now, is your head dizzy?”

Arthur looks back on why he was knocked out. They were approaching the city wall when suddenly arrows attack them, they defended themselves and pushed forward to the gate. However just as they got close, they were ambushed by demons who were hiding in the ground near the gate. One of them was powerful with the strength of a level 4 knight. Nevertheless, Arthur was called a genius for a reason he defeated the demon with minor injuries and just as he was about to finish the demon, a salamander appeared and throw out a fire breath causing an explosion throwing him away from the battle and that was the last memory before he awakens as Jake.

“I’m okay now” Arthur said as he nodded.

“That’s good.”

Seeing Arthur all quiet, Leo pats him on the shoulder.

“Don’t get to down. This is the right choice.”

Arthur didn’t answer as he staring in front of him with focus. Seeing this Leo though he was a bit down so he left him be and walk out the tent.

Arthur looking at the panel in front of him was unaware of what Leo thought. You gotta be kidding me even in this world I gotta be a drug dealer?

Looking at the panel words were written saying...

[Welcome to the Drug Lord system!

You’ve been chosen to spread the majesty of drugs!

You’ve gifted Heroin because of your deed from your past life.

Heroin- a highly addictive analgesic drug derived from morphine, often used illicitly as a narcotic producing euphoria.

Congratulations for your first drug!

Reward – Lido Drug, 100 tokens

Lido Drug – This is a bit different from the other and its more refined and simpler. Can numb pain.

Token- Can be used to purchase drugs from the system

Token:200

10 tokens are given every day. Can be increased if unlocked more achievements.

Beginner gift packaged

You’ve been given the ability Deceit, Drug immunity.

Deceit – Passive ability. Higher chance you can deceive people. (To be a drug dealer you gotta be good at deceiving people)

Drug immunity – Active skill. When activated 30% immunity to outside drugs and 100% immunity to the systems drug (You’re a drug dealer not a consumer.)]

 

 

……..

Staring it the panel, Arthur was speechless for a while.

“Seriously?” Was all the word he could say. Snapping out he put himself together and complained.

“The heck others got super cheat system while I get this shady drug system?” Mumbled Arthur. Arthur shook his head. He was given a new life. Although he regrets some things like leaving his mother alone, or not achieving something significant at all in earth he accepted what happened and just continue life. If he found a way back then he’ll go back to say sorry to his mother.

Arthur walked out the tent and looked at the sunset. For the first time ever since high school sparks of adventure ignited in him.

“Although I am Arthur Lucas now, I will never forget what you did for me.”

Going back to the system Arthur notices the line ‘You’ve gifted Heroin because of your deed from your past life.’ Heroin was the exact thing Jake was selling.

To think that I died because of drugs and woke up only to sell drugs is really funny. Thinking of selling drugs again, Arthur really doesn’t want to do it. The effect of lives to the people is tremendous and devastating.

He doesn’t want to ruin people’s lives with his new life. Conflicting emotions came through him as he continues to read.

The Lido drug can numb pain. Well, this isn’t bad it can help in battle. So, tokens can used to buy drugs from the system? I earn ten tokens a day that’s 300 in a month. 300 drugs in a month….. What are the achievements?

He touched to achievement word and a list appeared. All of the things on the list is black out. Touching the first one. New words appear..

[Sell your first drug! Reward 10 tokens]

A simple as that. The other achievements are similar like sell to 10 people reward is 20 tokens and sell to 100 people and reward is 200 tokens.

There are also unique ones like, Have your base of operation. Reward 1000 tokens and random drug.

Or spread your drugs to 5 cities. That last one gave Arthur chill. Thinking of people’s lives getting ruined because of him Arthur wouldn’t be able to forgive himself.

Just as he was thinking of just ignoring the system and just forgetting about it

The tent flap open and Rock came in shouting saying.

“Captain! A demon just came near and drop a body!”

Hearing this Arthur immediately came out to see the body. When he saw it, he was horrified, disgusted and angered. It was a body with no arms and legs, the face of the person was frozen in fear and despair and words were carved out from his chest saying..

“The taste of despair and human flesh are always nice~”

Anger shown to all those who saw the body including Arthur. Although from Arthurs memory he already saw dead bodies countless time this is still his first official one after coming to this world. If it wasn’t because he was angered, he would’ve have probably puked already.

“Damn demons” Cursed Arthur he was just thinking of the systems moments and  now he was just angered by the demons. Just as he was about to order to bury the body and idea came to him to solve both the demons and the systems problem.

“Wait….. demons… drugs……”

 

  

 

1