Satisfying Revenge
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wade looked forward as he sat in the subway. He earned many glances as his hair and eye color once again attracted looks. He planned to move out of his apartment once he picked up his money from the last mission.

When the subway arrived at the stop Wade was waiting for, he walked out in a good mood. He looked upward at the tall news building before walking in.

There was a new receptionist this time and she looked at him awkwardly before leading him to the same room as before.

"Welcome back."

Brad greeted him once more. He waved Wade towards him and when Wade neared him, he led him toward the window.

"You see everything from this window, correct?"

Brad waved his hand across all of the buildings that one could see from the window.

"What are you getting at, Brad."

Wade was confused but he had some idea what Brad was going to say next.

"Just think about the bigger picture before killing people. The boss wants you to leave one alive next time we're on a mission."

"Alright."

"Also, I'm your manager now. If you could give me your contact number-"

"No. I already know what you guys want by asking me my number."

Wade already knew the reason why these people asked for his number. If they got it, they could track him through their connections and also know his true identity.

"How's this. Give me a transceiver and I'll tamper with it before connecting to your channel and we can contact like that."

"Fine."

Wade was handed a transceiver and he put it in his pocket before taking the briefcase that Brad also handed him.

"Thanks. I'll contact you when I'm finished with a few pieces of business."

"Have a good day, Shadow."

Wade walked out afterward and when he reached home after riding the subway again, opened the silver briefcase that Brad handed him.

Inside the briefcase was the $20,000 he earned, two Colt King Cobra pistols, an extra $50,000 with a note.

The note said

"Since you work for me Shadow, I may as well give you a gift to symbolize our friendship and cooperation. I hope we can have a good partnership together as I will also not make you my bodyguard but will also send you on missions with rewards worth dying for.

To a good partnership

Mr. King"

Although Wade was annoyed, everybody played him as a pawn he decided to go with it for now and get even with them later.

He held the two silver Colt King Cobras in his hands and after looking at them for a few seconds, attached their sheaths to the back of pants. He then slid on an overcoat before finding another reason to go out.

There were a few debts he had to settle.

********************

Before when Wade was in the gang, he had many enemies and it was now the opportune time for him to destroy them.

Wade arrived at the gang's headquarters which was a giant first-story building with a couple abandoned three-story buildings near it. These abandoned buildings used to contain people but they were forced to leave when the gang decided to build its headquarters in this abandoned area.

Wade walked up to the gate and three guards started to stop him.

"Hey, you stop."

"No need. I got the token."

He showed the guards the special Searing Snake gang token.

"Hmm. Alright, you can go. Don't cause any trouble though. We don't wanna have to clean up your mess too."

"Too?"

Wade questioned as he was interested in what happened that could cause even the gate guards to know. Usually, the gate guards wouldn't know a single thing that happened in headquarters.

"Yeah, some kid beat up half of the gang's forces with a bat and some are even severely injured. He's kept in one of the maximum-security cells while the top guys talk to him about discipline and the such."

"Alright, thanks. I haven't been back to base in a long time."

Unfortunately, if Wade was going to use the plan he prepared he had to kill these friendly gang guards.

"I'm sorry."

"What?"

The three guards turned around just to see three bullets in each of their faces. The bullet was the last thing they saw before they died.

"I hope you don't meet me in the afterlife, friends."

Wade walked away as he refitted the silencer on both of his pistols. He then walked into an abandoned alley and activated all of the bombs he had bought in the black market before from his supplier. These bombs were extremely powerful and were the best one could buy. He had spent about 10 thousand USD on them and he hoped they were worth the price.

As he walked toward the headquarters, he saw a familiar face. A scarred man walked past him but as they passed, the scarred man turned around and stared at him before walking off.

"Whew."

Wade heaved a sigh of relief as the scarred man was one of his old friends during the good days. Wade truly didn't want to kill this one as he had trained him in many different martial techniques and he couldn't say they weren't helpful one way or another.

Wade walked around the gang's large headquarters placing one bomb after another in hidden areas that couldn't be seen and could deal a lot of damage if the infrastructure broke.

As he placed these bombs all-around a voice was heard behind him.

"I thought I recognized you... Shadow or should I say, Wade."

Wade turned around with a sigh and saw the scarred man.

"What do you want, Dim?"

"Let's call ourselves by our old names like in the old days hmm?"

"Sure. Now, what do you want."

"Shouldn't I be asking you that question?"

"What do you mean?"

"Stop pretending. I see you laying bombs everywhere and here I am wondering why. Why would you want to destroy the very gang that made you who you are."

Wade sighed as he replied

"Where I am right now was myself saving myself from more trouble. Not the gang saving me from a bad future. I had a scholarship in college. If I went there, I could've gotten a degree and a peaceful life. The gang did not make me who I am but forced me to become who I am. This is why I'm going to destroy it from the inside out."

Wade shook his head as he placed another bomb.

"I can't allow you to do that."

"Why's that, Jim. I can spare you because we were old friends before. But now, if you want to oppose me, you will die."

"The gang has given me a mission. To track you and everything you do. I could've exposed your sniper usage to the gang and how you're in contact with our supplier."

"Sure, expose me. I don't care. I can kill you either way."

"Cmon then. I can't allow you to do this anyway."

Wade walked away as his friend Jim approached. He had already loaded all the bombs in the correct placement and when Jim neared one, he pressed the button in his back pocket.

"Argh."

The last thing that Jim saw was Wade's demonic red and silver eyes behind his bandana.

Wade put on some earphones and blasted some rock as he walked away with multiple large explosions behind him.

As he neared the back gate of the gang's headquarters, a few guards went to apprehend him but Wade shot them all before they could react. Blood splashed onto Wade's clothes and with his bloodied overcoat, boots, and mask, he looked like a devil that came out of a war. Very soon, the police and SWAT arrived, and when they saw him they tried to intercept him but failed.

He packed a spare amount of clothes in the building near the headquarters and changed his overcoat, mask, and boots to a sweater, sunglasses, and sneakers. He then walked out with a backpack over his shoulder as police sirens rang throughout the area.

Wade walked home quite peacefully feeling satisfied all over. It was the afternoon and when he reached home, he leaped onto the sofa in relief.

He threw his bloodied clothes in the laundry, cooked some food, and took a long shower.

When he looked in the mirror once more it seemed that his hair had grown albeit without him knowing. His black hair remained the same, decently long while his white hair and red hair grew downward almost covering his eyes. Wade tidied up his hair before leaving once more.

This time, he would seek revenge on the cop that essentially ruined his life. This cop was actually quite a righteous cop but Wade was feeling in the mood for revenge so he punched every arrogant bastard he saw along the way to the police station. He slid on his bandana and combat gloves with brass knuckles.

Wade always had these gloves on him and the metal was dyed red from all the bloodshed and gore it had gone through. These gloves had accompanied Wade through his army years and then through his gangster years. He had bought these as he was applying for the army and after finishing his years there, he joined the Searing Snake gang as he had received an invitation in high school.

He waited outside the police station for the cop to come out with his car. He had even prepared a backpack full of energy snacks and water. His target cop's car number was 409 with the man being quite fat. When Wade was still in high school, the cop had believed him to be smoking and drinking even though his "friends" had shoved him some and he was in a trance holding them when the police arrived.

It turned out the fat cop saw him with the goods and arrested him for being underage and having drugs. Wade always held a grudge against the cop since that day.

Wade continued waiting while eating a few snacks here and there.

***********************

After it started to turn to night, the cop finally came out. He carried a coffee and was walking to the street toward his squad car before getting punched in the face.

"What?"

This was the only thing the cop managed to say before his face was beaten to a pulp and after a few minutes of enduring with his fatty body, he died.

***********************

The next day

"We now gather here for officer Ben Lightnet's funeral."

"Receive the Lord's blessing. The Lord bless you and watch over you. The Lord make his face shine upon you, and be gracious to you. The Lord look kindly on you and give you peace; In the Name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."

"Amen."

After the priest said his part, the men carried the coffin and instrumental music began to play.

After the men arrived at the hole, they lowered the coffin into it. They then left as they waited for the family and friends to say goodbye.

As they all left, the priest walked up and said his final prayer.

"Give him, o Lord, your peace and let your eternal light shine upon him."

"Amen."

After the priest said that dirt started being shoveled into the hole to cover up the black sleek coffin. After all the dirt was shoveled in, the men and priest left.

Many began to say their goodbyes once again to the coffin and after they all left only a young woman was left.

The young woman walked up to the buried coffin.

"Father, I know you didn't die to some kind of mauling by a drunk man. Your wounds were too severe for that. I believe you were killed intentionally and I promise you to find that man and seek revenge for you. Goodbye Father. Anna says goodbye."

As Anna left, a man in black left the trees surrounding the funeral service with two silver pistols that could be hardly seen behind the large overcoat.

****************************

Wade walked out behind the trees of the cop's funeral. He had followed the body to where it was buried and waited for the funeral service to begin. He had installed a few wiretaps near the place where they were going to bury the officer and listened in to see if anyone was going to say something surprising. And someone did. But Wade had already gotten what he wanted.

"Well let me just say, that was quite satisfying revenge."

1