Possessed Humans
21 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Wade's eyes opened, he heard the fairy's voice as she sent him back to his last location on the map. As he pulled up his map, he started walking toward the location that Hal and he had decided to meet at.

A few minutes later, Wade reached the area and caught sight of Hal wearing a white mage robe with a black staff in his hand.

"Wade? Is that you?"

Hal walked toward him with a smile on his face.

"Yeah, it's me. Since I'm here now, how about we go grind some monsters?"

As Wade spoke, he headed into the forest with his giant flaming halberd along his back. Hal followed along as he prepared a summoning spell in his mind.

"So, Wade. I noticed you took a few hours to get here. You good or what?"

Hal asked with a concerned expression on his face as he walked with Wade.

"You didn't listen to my voicemail?"

"Nope. You sent me one when I was in this world, so I probably didn't notice."

"I see."

Wade kept walking with a disinterested face.

"However, I'd like you to listen to it when we're done here. Alright?"

"Sure. That's not a problem."

Hal replied with a smile as the fog surrounded them.

"Hmm. The fog here is quite familiar. Give me a second."

Wade fired a few fireballs into the air as he spoke. The fireballs evaporated the fog as the air cleared up.

"That's much better. Fog makes me mist my attacks. Get it?"

Hal laughed nervously as the fog cleared, revealing a couple of people.

"Who are you, people?"

Wade questioned as he grabbed his halberd and prepared to fight. He used [Inspect] when the 3 men and women didn't speak.

[Male Possessed Human (Spirit)(Farmer)(Common)]

[Level 17]

[Hp = 259/259]

[Abilities = None]

[Skills:

Body Switch = Switch bodies with your attacker until they die. Only usable under certain circumstances. Usage = Low

Spirit King's Mark = Allows yourself to be possessed by the Spirit King of the area increasing all stats by 200% and the [Possessed] status. Usage = Low]

[Female Possessed Human (Spirit)(Village Guard)(Common)]

[Abilities = None]

[Skills:

Body Switch = Switch bodies with your attacker until they die. Only usable under certain circumstances. Usage = Low

Spirit King's Mark = Allows yourself to be possessed by the Spirit King of the area increasing all stats by 200% and the [Possessed] status. Usage = Low]

[Male Possessed Human (Spirit)(Village Guard)(Common)]

[Abilities = None]

[Skills:

Body Switch = Switch bodies with your attacker until they die. Only usable under certain circumstances. Usage = Low

Spirit King's Mark = Allows yourself to be possessed by the Spirit King of the area increasing all stats by 200% and the [Possessed] status. Usage = Low]

"Attack them! They're not people anymore!"

Wade ordered Hal to attack as he grabbed the Fire Hydra Teeth Halberd on his back.

"What?"

Hal used his summoning spell multiple times as he summoned slimes, goblins, and soldiers. As the spirits saw Wade and Hal unleashing their spells, they grabbed their pitchforks and swords before charging toward them.

"Die motherfuckers!"

Wade slashed the male farmer across the chest, leaving a small fire on his chest before stabbing the female village guard in the chest. Many red numbers appeared above his head as he turned his attention to the woman.

-313

-1

-1

-1

-1

-1

-1

The male farmer that he slashed fell on the ground before standing up once more as he died from the fire spreading across his chest.

Wade then stabbed the woman in the chest as he prepared to use his [Damage Increase] and [Defense Increase].

-313

However as he desperately tried to remove his halberd from the woman's chest, it wouldn't budge.

The woman was holding onto it while trying to stab Wade with her sword.

'Fuck' He thought as he released the halberd from his grasp before unleashing a vine trap spell into the woman as he fired a fireball.

-1

-1

-1

-1

-1

Surprisingly, the possessed humans didn't use any of their skills. They tried to grab Wade and Hal as they crawled across the ground as they slowly died to the burns and the swords being repeatedly stabbed into them.

"Whew. How many kills did you get Wade?"

"2. I assume you got one."

"Yep. They didn't give that much experience though for a battle like that."

Wade checked how much experience he had gained from the possessed humans before grabbing his halberd from the woman's chest.

[Male Possessed Human slain]

[+50 Experience]

It was really quite peculiar how the lower leveled Wild Wind Wolves gave more experience than the higher leveled possessed humans.

'The game probably ranked the total strength but as we had only killed the physical body and not the etherial form of the spirit, the game probably only gave us experience for killing the physical body' thought Wade as he rested the halberd on his shoulder while sorting out the loot from the possessed humans.

They had dropped practically nothing except a few coppers that one could get easily from killing any sort of monster.

"Isn't the game a bit too stingy for them to drop us only coppers?"

Hal complained as he unsummoned his goblins, slimes, and soldiers.

"I don't think it's stingy. I think that we only killed the physical body and not the actual spirit. We need to figure out how to kill the real spirit to get the goods" explained Wade as he collected the coppers and threw them into his storage wristband.

"Hmm. I guess it makes sense. But how do we kill the spirits? If spirits have their own spirit forms that are immune to any kind of melee contact, it'll be extremely difficult to kill them."

"I suppose you could try to get some kind of soul killing summon from your spells. Although it would be quite the luck if we got one of those."

Wade theorized as he leaned against a oak tree near him.

"Not possible. It's not like exorcists exist in this world or something. I think that as long as we use magic to destroy them it should be fine."

Hal replied as he spun his staff around him.

"I did use magic and it didn't work."

"That's because they died to fire and not the mana you inserted into that power. We should try it. It might work."

Hal tried to convince Wade as he put on a puppy face expression.

"Fine. You always have to use that face when trying to persuade me."

Wade agreed as he glanced over the few spells he had in his arsenal. He only had three moves that used magic and were slightly offensive. [Vine Trap], [Fireball], and [Upgraded Wind Blast].

Hal and Wade started walking deeper into the Beast Forest while keeping an eye out for any hungry possessed humans.

*************************

A few hours later.

Wade and Hal had walked in the forest for quite some time and they couldn't find any possessed humans. It was as if they were walking in circles.

"Hey Hal. It seems we've been walking in circles this entire time. Look, my footprints and yours are right there in the mud. We're in an illusion or trap of some sort."

"It seems so."

Hal acted confident as he thought he knew how to kill the possessed humans permanantly.

"Well. How do we get out of here. Hal if you're so confident then tell us how to get out. I certainly see no way out of here other than killing the person who put us in here in the first place."

Wade sat down as he took out an apple from his storage wristband and started chomping.

"Heres my theory. And it's only a theory that has a 69% chance of happening. I assume this is some kind of illusion magic array that is owned by some kind of strong creature. Either its a solo creature in which we probably have no chance at or another creature that leads others of its kind in which we definitely have no chance to survive."

"Theres a lot of negativity in that. I thought you were some kind of optimist, Hal. And 69% is quite a large chance. However, I still believe we can survive and even earn something out of it."

"Hmph. Whatever you say. You better wish us good luck then. There's no way we're living through this disaster of a adventure."

Hal once again led with the negativity and Wade laughed as he noticed how he and Hal had been negative and doubtful throughout their trip in the forest. First Hal, then Wade, then Hal once again. A rumble echoed throughout the array as it jolted Wade out of his thoughts.

"What's happening."

A tall man in black armor fell through the sky and landed on the ground with a bang as soon as Hal asked what had happened.

"What the hell is that."

The armored man stood up and grabbed a giant rusted battleaxe that had landed beside him as he fell. He swung a few times before heading toward Wade and Hal.

"Who the hell are you? Don't get any closer or I'll summon an entire army to kick your god-damn ass!"

Hal spoke nervously as Wade used [Inspect].

"Damn. Look at his health."

Wade showed his [Inspect] screen to Hal as the man slowly walked toward them.

20 meters

15 meters

10 meters

5 meters

Hal finished reading the screen and as he was shocked, he summoned all the units he could before backing up until his back hit a tree.

[Male Possessed Human (Spirit)(King)(Epic)(Boss)]

[Level 30]

[Hp = 10000/10000]

[Abilities

[Skills:

Body Switch = Switch bodies with your attacker until they die. Only usable under certain circumstances. Usage = Low

Spirit Sync = Sync your body and soul's connection even further. Increase all stats by 500% for 10 seconds. Usage = Moderate]

Wade looked forward to killing the Spirit King fully as the skills were quite powerful and he wanted them for himself. He then decided to fuse two of his abilities together in this crucial moment.

[Fuse activated]

1