Chapter 172 Clean up
987 8 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'm floating in the skies WAAAAY above the Farmus army so no one noticed me. They are currently setting up camp, probably waiting for the return of their summoned otherworlders to “finish dealing with Avalon”.

Rimuru- “You know, I always wonder how you get the exact spatial coordinates I need to teleport to the perfect spot.”

Illya- ‘Magic!’

Yeah, I figured she won't tell me that easily.

Like, in the case of Ramiris’ Labyrinth, the Holy Capital of Ruberios and the Ingrassia Royal Capital, she always gave coordinates that positioned us nearby our destination.

But I had this sneaking suspicion that she could’ve given me pinpoint accurate coordinates and the only reason she didn’t was because Ranga loved to run, so she had me teleport a little ways away.

Maybe she boosted her [Universal Sense] with her infinite magicules and scanned the whole world a long time ago…

It’s a scary thought but surprisingly, I don’t think it’s impossible for her.

Anyway, I'm currently a couple of kilometres above the army. Just in case, I have a concealment rune covering myself. There should be a pretty powerful magician in the army. His name is Raisen or something.

Illya- ‘It’s Razen, Onii-chan.’

Rimuru- “Oh yes, thank you.”

I'm really thankful for Illya. She is the perfect imouto.

Illya- ‘Ehehe…’

Right. In any case, what should I do with these guys?

I don’t feel the need of torturing them all, nor do I want to go through the trouble of doing that. I mean, they moved against Avalon, but after dealing with Bryce, I just feel… apathetic towards them.

I know most of the soldiers are innocent in this matter, they are simply following orders.

They probably have a family back home, with a wife or kids. Perhaps they enlisted into the army to earn money for their sick parents, who are waiting back home with a smile on their face, wondering what stories their child will tell them the next time they return.

It’s sad, really. Disheartening.

I mean, the fact that I'm considering killing these people…

*Sigh*

Regardless of the fact, they, as a collective, moved against Avalon. My people in Avalon also have lives, you know? They have families. Some have wives, some have husbands, some have children, and some have sick parents.

If this attack went the way the King of Farmus envisioned it, many of my people would’ve died.

Why?

For the simple fact that my people are monsters. That they are not human.

And most importantly, for the simple fact that the higher-ups of the Farmus Kingdom are too greedy for their own good.

I am not a saint. I am not a hero. I am not even a generally good guy. I have an affinity for humans, seeing how I used to be one. But I know.

I'm not human anymore.

I have my own people to look after, my own home to protect. To those who attempt to take them away from me…

Don’t expect you can walk away from this.

Taking a page from OG Rimuru’s book, I used [Control Natural Elements] to gather water drops in the sky and use them as magnifying lenses. After magnifying the sun and concentrating its light rays into laser beams barely a millimetre across, I shot a single beam into the head of every human below me while sparing a few.

All with Illya’s support, mind you.

The few I spared were the higher-ups of the army, like the King, the generals, Raisen-

Illya- ‘Razen.’

Right, Razen. Those kinds of people.

Why? Simple. I want them to see how futile it was to make Avalon an enemy.

Within a second, every single soldier in the army fell to the ground dead. This created a loud sound that attracted all the remaining living humans attention.

I teleported myself lower and removed the concealing rune and I stayed like that for five minutes.

Panic. So much panic. They all wondered what just happened. Eventually, one of them noticed me hovering in the air. My position spread like wildfire and soon every human was looking at me.

Granted, there are only like 50 humans left, but I digress.

I look down at them with cold eyes. Thinking about how they wanted to take what was mine… brings up this silent, cold anger within me.

Even with Shizu’s mask covering my face, they can feel my eyes boring into each and every one of them.

The King stepped forward and opened his mouth. He probably wanted to shout at me, asking my identity. Perhaps he already knew who I was and wanted me to lower myself before him. Or perhaps he wanted to beg for forgiveness.

Illya- ‘It’s the second one, Onii-chan. He still has this noble aura around him. Probably doesn’t realise his position.’

Then that makes things even worse. Fuck that, I don’t wanna listen to his drivel.

So I simply shot him in the head with a sun laser beam.

Dropping to the ground dead, everyone else immediately began to move, so I also shot them all in the head.

Surprisingly, one of them survived. It was Raisen- no no, Razen. I remember now. He’s the Chief Royal Sorcerer or Magician. I don’t know.

If I remember correctly, he has a technique to move his soul from one body to the next, so he can probably cheat death.

So I just crushed his soul.

I remember him being useful to Rimuru in canon, but I have no use for him. Nor Farmus, that country can simply rot away.

As I said, I'm not a saint nor a hero. I don’t care about people outside of those close to me.

I could save so many people with my skills, but I won’t. It’s because they are not related to me at all.

This may make me evil, but I don’t care. I will do what I want to do, I will not bend to anyone, nor will I forgive anyone who opposes me.

.

.

.

Rimuru- “Ooh, there are so many souls here. Shiny!”

Illya- ‘Quickly, Onii-chan! Grab the precious!’

And so I consumed all the souls with [Belzebuth] to keep them for later. Who knows, they may prove useful. Maybe I can even become a Demon Lord!

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters, Onii-chan, King of Avalon, Master of Headpats, Procrastinator King, The Nutcracker, socially awkward cringe slightly chuuni slime, Dragon Slayer, Sensei

Manas: [Manas: Illyasviel]

Ultimate Skills: [Belzebuth, Lord of Gluttony] [Ahura Mazda, Lord of Creation] [Scathach, Lord of Runes]

Unique Skills: [Spatial Ruler]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Natural Elements] [Control Magic] [Control Gravity]

Resistances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Cancel Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy/Demonic Attack] [Natural Attack Resistance]

Equipment: Yamato

 

A/N: I really don't see the need of keeping Farmus, it's kinda useless to MC.

*Door to Author Notes slams open*

MC: Fucker! You blocked me from entering Author Notes for the past several chapters!

AN: Wait wait! I can explai- *girlish screams*

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/Y7YyQksH

37