Chapter 22 I got dem skillz
3.6k 7 109
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So yeah, I'm just sitting in my newly built house. I was just rolling around when I suddenly arrive at a thought.

I'm… a bit weak, arent I?

Like, think about it. I have all these skills and that makes me a bit versatile, even if the majority of these skills are useless, but my runes can make for some pseudo skills too. I just have to think up an effect, use the [Rune Master] skill and write the received runes down.

But even so, against true powerhouses… I can't really measure up to them. Not as I am now. So…

Rimuru- “Ranga.”

Ranga- “You called, Master?”

Ranga answers me from my shadow. He’s recently learned how to stay in shadows instead of simply moving through them, and now he spends his day lazing around with me.

Well, I also slowly seep parts of my magicules into my shadow so Ranga is slowly getting stronger as well.

Rimuru- “I want to go somewhere. Can you take me?”

Ranga- “Of course Master.”

So I leave my house and Ranga appears from my shadow. I hop on his back and he runs around to find Rigurd to tell him that I'll be heading out for a bit.

Rigurd- “I wish you well, Rimuru-sama!”

… is what he said. There’s a lot of work to be done, but… I don’t wanna do any of that! So I had Rigurd handle it all.

Procrastination.

So Ranga and I leave the village and after running for a while, we come across a large opening. There’s a river flowing through with large sand-coloured pebble banks on the side I'm on. This is some good scenery, it seems this is a good place to mess around.

Right… what do I do know? I mean, I've watched anime before and know I should do some training arc shit. Like, if I still had a human body, I would probably do the Saitama Workout because that’s just a free pass to unlimited power.

But I'm not a human so working out physically won't do shit. I'm a slime, I look like a meat bun, therefore I'm already as powerful as I can get.

Working on my magicule reserves won't do anything because…

*Glances at my [Heaven’s Feel] skill*

Moving on.

Right, I guess I could get even more skills but I don’t wanna do that because that won't solve my problem. It doesn’t matter how many skills I get, against absolute power, you need some absolute power of your own.

Once I get Shizu’s Deviant, I can start mixing a wider range of skills together and maybe even get more Unique Skills out of it, but I don’t HAVE that… And I’ll even have to kill Shizu to get it… HNNG! What do I do with her!?

Screw you, past me! Why did you have to let I, the future me, handle this!

You know what? Screw it. I’ll let the FUTURE future me handle this.

Procrastination.

So I guess the solution is to hone what I already have… AND HOW DO I DO THAT.

*Sigh* This would be a really good time to have some random wisened old man to appear and teach me in the ways of bullshit-no-jutsu or something.

While I was wandering on what exactly I should do, I notice Ranga sleeping beside me. Look at him, with his white fur. He’s so fluffy…

Wait, Ranga used some sort of ‘ground shrinking’ technique, did he not? [Great Sage] also told me I could do that too… Should I take this chance to work on my space attribute? I mean, my Crest of Space is just kinda sitting there… Let’s do that then.

And so, I got to work. Having [Great Sage] is honestly a godsend in these kinds of things. Her calculations are helping me immensely. It already analysed Ranga and how he moved and now all I had to do was replicate it.

<<Individual Ranga coated his paws and legs with his space attribute magicules and used that to remove the space in front of them. This allowed his paws to travel further than normal which brought the rest of his body along with it with no side effects…>>

Mmm… I see… Mhmm… Yup, it’s as expected…

I don’t understand shit.

But I got a general idea! I think… Only one way to find out!

And so, I coat myself in magicules… and I roll.

… [Great Sage]?

<<Confirmed. You have moved further than normal.>>

YES! So simply coating myself with my space attributed magicules is enough. But… isn’t that really simple?

<<Report. Your Crest of Space is providing an error correction effect to anything space-related, letting you learn at an accelerated pace.>>

Damn, so I'm some kind of space genius? Hmm, perhaps Ranga and the other wolves also have this accelerated learning effect for space relating things too? It’ll be weaker though since I have the original…

But still, coating things in space-attributed magicules… It’s simple elementary stuff, obviously, but I wonder how far you can push this “simple” technique…

And so, I spent the rest of the day experimenting on coating random things like that. At the end of the day, I woke Ranga up and showed him my results.

Rimuru- “Watch closely, ok?”

Ranga- “Yes Master!”

His tail is wagging as he answers. It’s just his natural state, so there’s no local gale, thank goodness.

I take the stick I was messing around with for half the day and coat it in my magicules. After that, I bounce up to a convenient large rock formation and slash it with my stick.

*Anime sword cutting sound effect*

The rock was cut in half diagonally, causing the top half to slide off… man that would’ve been so cool if I had my human form…

Ranga- “Amazing, Master! As expected of you!”

His eyes, once again, have stars in them. His admiration for me is honestly a little addicting. Especially since he’s a big doggo…

I better keep secret the fact that I barely held the magicules together. I need more practice… Or maybe it’s just because using a branch as a magicule conductor is a bad idea? What if I use magisteel…?

Food for thought.

And like that, both Ranga and I head home.

As an aside, the next day, Ranga learned how to coat his claws and teeth with space attributed magicules to make them WAY sharper than normal. Furthermore [Great Sage] is telling me the magicules are stable…

… WHO’S THE TALENTED ONE HERE!?

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit

Ultimate Skills: [Illya, Heaven's Feel]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense]

Unique Skills: [Great Sage] [Predator] [Limited Creation] [Rune Master]

Extra Skills: [Control Water] [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Shadow Motion] [Cloud Step] [Language Comprehension] [Control Wind] [Far Sight] [Snipe] [Silent Movement] [Evasion] [Reinforcement] [Greater Prediction] [Hinder Senses] (+14 more)

Common Skills: (There's a fuck ton, I'm not writing this.)

Tolerances: [Resist Temperature] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Pain] [Resist Electricity] [Resist Paralysis] [Resist Earth] [Resist Water] [Resist Wind] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy Attack] [Resist Ranged Attack] (+7 more)

 

A/N: Ok so now people are saying "Ooh, a tsundere, I dont want it" and stuff like that. I mean, you do you, but I just wanna explain something.

Mikoto will be a tsundere, but more dere than tsun. What I mean is that Mikoto wont attack MC every time she feels a little embarrased. Of course, if MC walks in on her while she's stark naked, she'll probably hit MC with electricity, but only because she knows it wont hurt him. I mean, she's not the type to fry someone just because they slightly pissed her off.

Granted, looking at someone while they're naked is more than just "pissing someone off" but you get the idea.

MC: So... if I do peek on her... what will happen?

AN: She'll probably smite your simping ass.

MC: B-but didnt you just say that-

AN: That's considering it's an accident. But knowing you, it will be on purpose. So you better don't.

MC: Aww...

AN: At least wait until she gets older, she's only 14...

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/r3bT3mcK

109