Chapter 23 And she’s back!
3.6k 14 113
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3 weeks later.

I'm sitting at the bottom of the sealed cave in front of the giant crack in space. I've been here for several hours by now. What am I doing? I'm watching hentai-

*Cough!*

I'm waiting for Mikoto to come back. She should be coming soon, it’s almost a complete month since she left, and today will be the last day the hole will stay open before it closes for good.

I can even see early signs of that happening, the normally unmoving hole is fluctuating a bit. I was a bit nervous about it but…

<<Notice. The fluctuation will not have any effect on the summoning process.>>

… is what [Great Sage] said, so I'm not anxious something will go wrong.

Suddenly, I receive a signal from the hole. She’s ready. And so, I begin the summoning process for the second and final time. I'm not worried I’ll summon someone else other than Mikoto, she has already been marked during her first passage through. Furthermore, it’s through this mark that she was able to let me know she’s ready to pass through.

I'm tempted to say some sort of cringy chuuni summoning chant but I decide against it. I just sit there… or am I standing? I don’t know, I'm a fucking slime… Anyway, I just sit there and watch the magic happen.

The crack in the sky pulses before hundreds of small motes of light pour out from within. I'm a little confused by [Great Sage] hasn’t said anything, so I keep watching.

Maybe it’s because her physical body is passing through this time, not just her astral body. After all, from my memory, those who are summoned will have their body remade during the process to contain magicules.

The motes of light start swirling around in a vortex and concentrating on the floor. And that’s when something surprising happens.

A body begins to form.

First, the feet appeared. From there, rising up, legs formed. Her hands started to form as well, forming upwards into her arms as her torso also begins to form as they meet up at the shoulders. And finally, the head.

Her body is still slightly glowing from what just happened. She looks so beautiful like that. And with her eyes still closed, she looks like she’s sleeping.

You don’t sleep standing up though, but ignore that.

Her eyelids quiver as they slowly open. The first thing she sees is me, still stunned on the floor. She quickly looks at her body to find that she’s still in her clothes, her Tokiwadai uniform, and she breathes a sigh of relief.

I, however, breathe a sigh of reluctance. I didn’t get to peek at any of her goods…

I sound like an old fart, holy shit.

She smiles at me and I just wave at her. We don’t say anything. We just stay there. But, after looking at her for a while, I feel like I have to say this…

Rimuru- “It’s ok to cry you know…”

And that finally did it. Mikoto shook her head at first, intending to say she was ok, but her words got stuck in her throat. Her eyes redden a bit and begin to water before tears leak out.

And so, she fell to her knees and cried.

I slide up to her, intending to say some words of comfort, but she instead grabs me and brings me into her (modest) chest, before crying into my body.

I'm a bit stunned, honestly, but I don’t do anything, and I just pat her back with my slime tentacle thingy.

No lewd though.

It’s a shame though, she’s not doing this because she loves me all of a sudden, that’s just unrealistic, I just happen to be a bouncy squishy object that would feel nice to hold. And that’s what she needs right now, some comfort.

And just like that, while Mikoto was still crying, we both watched as the only way to her world, the large crack in the sky, closed for a very, very long time.

Mikoto cried for a while. I don’t blame her, she’s only 14 but she has to leave everything she knew behind. I'm honestly proud, in a way, that she kept her word and isn’t showing any reluctance.

Sure, she’s sad, anyone would be. But she’s not hanging onto her world. She must have done everything she could to have no regrets during the month I gave her. As the hole was closing, she made no movements to try and stop it or perhaps re-enter it.

After a while, she fell asleep. She’s still clinging onto me, mind you. I'm currently soaked in tears. It just didn’t feel right to absorb it and keep it in a corner of my stomach. I wouldn’t know what I would do later if I did.

*Imagines scene of drinking tears Giorno style*

Yeah no, I’d just feel like an ass. Damn, are these early stalker signals? I need to tone it down.

So yeah, I carry her back into my house/hut while trying to make excuses on who this girl is to all the goblins and wolves I meet on the way. I mean, they wouldn’t know what to think when I'm just dragging her on the floor.

WAIT! NO! That came out wrong!

I meant to say I made a mattress and placed Mikoto on it before dragging it with my [Sticky Thread].

I did NOT drag her here by her ankle.

But anyway, I had to tell everyone including Gobta that I’ll explain things later, most likely tomorrow. He was still a bit sceptical, but I threw a meat bun into the distance and he immediately chased after it.

Problem solved.

I made a bed with [Limited Creation] and laid Mikoto onto it before covering her with a blanket and walking out of the bedroom. I also made sure to make both the bed and blanket comfortable as FUCK.

IT’S THE MOST BADASS FUCKING BED ON THE FUCKING PLANET. SERIOUSLY, THIS MOTHERFUCKER KICKS THE SHIT OUT OF THE PUSSY FUTON OR SHEETS. THIS COMFORTABLE, NEAT MOTHERFUCKER IS THE BEST FUCKING THING THAT I HAVE EVER CREATED. SLEEP IN THIS BED AND YOUR DICK WILL GROW 3 INCHES. FUCK.

(A/N: Apple. For those who get this reference, I respect you.)

Next day.

Mikoto wakes up. At first, she’s confused at what’s happening, looking around, wondering where she is. I feel her movements with my [Universal Perception] skill so I quickly dropped what I was doing and walked/rolled into her room.

Rimuru- “Hey. How are you feeling?”

Mikoto- “I’m… fine. Better than before… where are we?”

I smile inwardly when she admitted to feeling better.

Rimuru- “We’re in a little house my… subordinates… made for me.”

I still feel a bit awkward calling them my subordinates. Oh well, more problems for future me.

Mikoto- “Subordinates?”

Rimuru- “Oh, I didn’t tell you? I'm kind of the leader of the local area we’re currently in. I might not look like it, but I'm pretty strong you know?”

My body inflates as I try to look like I'm puffing out my chest but I'm sure I just look silly. Oh well, Mikoto seems amused at least.

But then her eyes narrow a bit. I know that look.

Rimuru- “Oi. I know what you’re thinking.”

Mikoto- “N-no, I mean, you’re a slime, right? No offence, but… it’s surprising.”

*Sigh* She thought I was weak? Well, it’s not like this matters. She’ll accept it naturally over time, it’s not like this is something extremely important.

*Growl*

Hmm? What was that? It’s a bit familiar, but…

Mikoto suddenly blushes in embarrassment.

Ah, is she…

Rimuru- “… Are you hungry?”

Mikoto hesitantly nods. Ahh, I haven’t needed food in a long time I forgot normal people need to eat. She hasn’t eaten since yesterday after all.

Rimuru- “I’ll get you something to eat.”

Mikoto- “N-no, I mean… I'm not sure if your taste and my taste are any different, so…”

Rimuru- “Hahaha! We don’t eat raw meat! Don’t worry, I have just the food for you.”

[Limited Creation].

Rimuru- “Here! Have a meat bun!”

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit

Ultimate Skills: [Illya, Heaven's Feel]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense]

Unique Skills: [Great Sage] [Predator] [Limited Creation] [Rune Master]

Extra Skills: [Control Water] [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Shadow Motion] [Cloud Step] [Language Comprehension] [Control Wind] [Far Sight] [Snipe] [Silent Movement] [Evasion] [Reinforcement] [Greater Prediction] [Hinder Senses] (+14 more)

Common Skills: (There's a fuck ton, I'm not writing this.)

Tolerances: [Resist Temperature] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Pain] [Resist Electricity] [Resist Paralysis] [Resist Earth] [Resist Water] [Resist Wind] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy Attack] [Resist Ranged Attack] (+7 more)

 

A/N: Ok, so I just feel like I had to admit to this. 

I deleted a couple of reviews.

I know! I know! I dont really like deleting reviews, good or bad. But these ones were just... eesh. I wont say exactly what they wrote, but basically they complained that the wishes were dumb and put in a 1 star. They also said that MC is acting like a simp and they dont like simps, so they also put in a 1 star.

Listen. I want to emphasise that I DONT CARE WHAT YOUR PREFERENCES ARE. You do you! I wont judge! But those are your own personal preferences! Dont drop a 1 star just because of that.

If you're criticizing something else like my grammar, or that MC is acting a bit childish and immature, go ahead. I wont delete your reviews. It's because those are valid arguments. But dropping a 1 star just because the wishes suck?

Really?

Anyway, Im just ranting at this point.

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/jwGcSu5B

113