Chapter 24 A talk
3.4k 4 111
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So Mikoto and I talked to each other for a bit, Mikoto still sitting in her bed, cross-legged and facing me, while I'm sitting on a chair beside her bed facing her.

Rimuru- “So what happened anyway?”

Mikoto- “With what?”

Rimuru- “You know, what happened after you left and went back to your world?”

Mikoto- “Ah, that huh? Well, it was honestly a rollercoaster ride. I guess I should start when I just got back…”

And so she talked about her experience.

First thing after she got back, she immediately left looking for a clone of hers. Note that she did that while evading the persistent pursuit of a certain stalker roommate, Shirai Kuroko. She did that for 2 reasons. One, because the Sisters is highly secretive stuff, and Two, it’s so she doesn’t have to deal with Kuroko’s antics in general.

She didn’t mention number 2, but I felt it. Well, although Shirai Kuroko wants to get all touchy-feely with Mikoto, she’s honestly a very good friend and I myself don’t hate her. Plus, she’s a girl. Yuri is good for the soul.

*Spark*

Oops, moving on.

She was wandering around before she picked up a signal very similar to her own through her Electromaster ability. She finally met one of her sisters and tried to talk to her about the project. However, as expected, Mikoto “didn’t have the clearance” to know about the information on the Level 6 Shift Project.

And since Mikoto only knew the general information from what I gave her, she decided to look for info on it with her own hands. And so, they separated.

When she got the info, she was absolutely devastated, but she also came across a piece of information that an “experiment” was ongoing right at this moment. So she quickly left for the experiment site.

She arrived just in time to prevent Accelerator from killing the Sister Clone involved in this specific experiment. And it turns out, by coincidence, this very sister was the same one she met earlier that day.

To be honest, even I'm a little surprised hearing that. Talk about coincidences…

And so, both Mikoto and Accelerator fought, and as expected…

Accelerator wiped the floor with her.

Rimuru- “Didn’t I tell you not to fight Accelerator head-on!? Bruh!”

Yes, I even let out a “bruh”. That’s how exasperated I am. Honestly, what would happen if she died…

Aaaaah, I don’t wanna think about it…

Mikoto- “Hey! I wanted to see exactly how strong this guy was! Besides, he’s the one that started the fight, and I couldn't exactly back out at that point…”

*Sigh* Moving on.

She finally decided that she wasn’t going to win (no shit) and so she decided to use her final trump card.

The power of Nakama.

.

.

.

No, seriously, I named her bracelet Nakama.

Anyway, Accelerator got hit by the lightning spell and fuckin died. Well, not really, but he DID get knocked out in one hit. The lightning spell looked exactly like any casual lightning strike Mikoto would throw around, so he wasn’t prepared for it AT ALL.

Furthermore, any scientist looking in on the fight with their cameras wouldn’t notice the difference as well, so…

Mission accomplished. Mikoto defeated Accelerator with her strength. Not really, but that’s the conclusion…

I wonder what Aleister thinks about this…

A week later, she found out that the Level 6 Shift project is indefinitely halted and the Sisters will be living their lives like normal thanks to the magical meat buns.

As an aside, they still kept the meat buns and ate it occasionally because it’s perpetually warm and it’s an infinite source of delicious food so they each kept one in their pocket and ate it whenever it clones itself.

Did I just solve world hunger?

For the rest of the time she was there, she spent her time like she was going to die soon. Her friends asked her what’s wrong because she’s acting WAY different than usual. Shirai especially was pretty paranoid about it, wondering if Mikoto is sick and needs help.

Not wanting to keep it a secret from her friends, and since it’s already over, she told them about the Sisters and what she went through (not the summoning part). They chided her about going at it alone but she mentioned to them that she had some help.

Rimuru- “Hey, that’s me!”

Mikoto completely ignored me and continued her story.

:(

After a month, it was finally time for her to leave. She never told anyone about her leaving because I told her that by the time I can travel to her world I should be able to choose the moment in time I would return, and it would seem like she never left.

And so, I summoned her at the end of the deadline and she disappeared. During the summoning, she was in some sort of lucid dream-like state. It was at this time where she heard a voice. Or rather than a voice, it was more like a machine.

Mikoto- “It reminded me of the AI’s from Academy City.”

Rimuru- “Hmm… Could it be the Voice of the World?”

Mikoto- “Voice of the World?”

Rimuru- “Mmm, I don’t know much about it, but it’s a voice you hear whenever you gain a new skill or whenever you evolve. Well, you’re a human though, so you don’t need to worry about evolution for now. But that means you must've gained some skills. Well of course you did, technically you’re a summoned being so you should’ve gained some extra skills from the journey. Do you remember them?”

Mikoto- “It said something about getting a couple of Unique skills. [Harmony] and [Limit Break]. It also mentioned some resistances, but I forgot them.”

Hmm, I can assume what those skills should do. Espers always have an upper limit on their growth. You can call it their talent levels. An esper can’t grow above their limit, which is why, no matter how long you wait, Mikoto will never defeat Accelerator.

But with this [Limit Break] Unique Skill, she should be able to grow stronger. That’s good because although she’s strong, she won't be able to defeat some of the powerhouses in this world.

As for [Harmony]… Any ideas, [Great Sage]?

<<Notice. I am unable to confirm the usage of the Unique Skill [Harmony] without any prior assessment.>>

Rimuru- “Uhm, Mik- I mean, Misaka-san, do you mind inviking your [Harmony] skill?”

Mikoto- “Uhh, I'm not sure how to, but I’ll try…”

And so, she closes her eyes and invokes her skill.

[Great Sage]?

<<Understood. Scanning individual Mikoto Misaka… Confirmed, Unique Skill [Harmony] allows the usage of opposing elements without any backlash or rejection.>>

Oh… OH! Holy shit!

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit

Ultimate Skills: [Illya, Heaven's Feel]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense]

Unique Skills: [Great Sage] [Predator] [Limited Creation] [Rune Master]

Extra Skills: [Control Water] [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Shadow Motion] [Cloud Step] [Language Comprehension] [Control Wind] [Far Sight] [Snipe] [Silent Movement] [Evasion] [Reinforcement] [Greater Prediction] [Hinder Senses] (+14 more)

Common Skills: (There's a fuck ton, I'm not writing this.)

Tolerances: [Resist Temperature] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Pain] [Resist Electricity] [Resist Paralysis] [Resist Earth] [Resist Water] [Resist Wind] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy Attack] [Resist Ranged Attack] (+7 more)

 

A/N: So a couple of people are saying "Hey, the romance is going a bit too fast, isnt it?" And I just wanna clarify some things. 

MC: Ok, so, first off, Mikoto was my waifu even before I died.

AN: Yeah, I didnt mention that. It's my fault. 

MC: Also, I dont think she has any feelings for me yet...

AN: Yeah, she doesnt. It's purely one-way right now.

MC: In fact Im suprised she's not angry at me. Since, you know...

AN: Yeah you did make her leave her world behind.

MC: Hmm... Should I have not done that? It was just me being selfish...

AN: Who knows man, but what's done is done. You gotta live with your decisions.

MC: Hrmm...

AN: ALSO! That reference from last chapter, for those who didn't get it, search up "Urban Dictionary Apple".

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/K2em2XBc

111