Chapter 35 Ogres and Orcs
3k 6 96
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rimuru- “Raphael.”

<<Report. 2 ogres are trapped under a collapsed building 30 meters to your left.>>

Raphael is so convenient. Having it draw up the most efficient path to take to rescue as many ogres as possible was a great decision. This way, I don’t even have to stress out over saving as many people as possible.

The best part is that the skill is even taking in the movements from Ranga. After contacting him with [Thought Communication] and giving him instructions, I’ll just let everything work on autopilot.

It’s so nice not having to think.

<<After that make a U-turn and pause at the stoplights.>>

Fucking wot?

(A/N: GPS Raphael ftw.)

Anyway, I'm running around the whole place in the smoke trying to save as many ogres as I can. For those who were trapped under the recently burning buildings, I just eat the debris with [Predator]. If they’re too injured I just throw them a Full Potion. After that, I use [Spatial Motion] to teleport them all outside the village.

Normally you can't move anyone as you wish with [Spatial Movement], you have to have their permission, or they have to at least be aware of it. But with my Crest of Space, small restrictions like that are easily bypassed.

Unfortunately, I don’t have time to explain to everyone about the healing meat buns. So if I just throw it at them and leave, they most likely won't eat it. Therefore I'm not using them. Such a shame.

As for the orcs, I just knock them out before they can even do anything.

Well, although I say that I rescued them, the ogres are a very strong and warlike species. Barely a third of them even needed saving, while the rest of them are fighting back with everything they have. Of course, the number of casualties is rapidly increasing.

<<Report. The orcs are under the effects of the [Ravenous] Unique Skill. Eating their defeated foes will give them a chance to inherit some properties.>>

In this case, although the ogres were putting up a good fight and could have easily repelled them with minimal casualties, once one of the orcs ate some of the fallen ogres and gained their superior strength, the rest of the orcs will have gained that property as well and with their superior numbers, they will win.

So, even though the majority of the ogres are fighting back, from this moment on their casualties will only increase. So I knock out any orc I come across and inform every ogre I see that can move on their own about the location where I'm dumping- I mean, vacating their brethren.

Anyway, I start from the outer areas before quickly moving inwards. I learned how to make temporary runes by just using magicules and ‘writing’ them down on a surface. They disappear after a while but they can be written so fast and I don’t need to ‘engrave’ them anywhere. Furthermore, simply supplying them with magicules refreshes their duration.

Wait, can I use this to sneakily enhance Mikoto’s sensitivity when we eventually advance our relationship even more-

*COUGH!*

No, it’s not guaranteed we’ll reach that point in the first place. I can't force her. Take things slowly. But right now is not the time to be thinking about stuff like this. Focus Rimuru…

So, to move around the whole place quickly, I wrote some speed buff runes onto the back of my hand boosting my speed even though I'm already quite fast.

Because of this, it doesn’t even take 5 minutes before I'm right at the centre of the village ready to enter the largest house I can find. I assume this place is where the head of the village will be, but…

*Clang!*

That’s the distinct sound of weapons clashing against each other, the sound of people battling it out with each other, the sound of men sizing each other up to compare who’s dick is bigger-

No, sorry, wrong script.

I remove the speed rune and I run into the house normally. The sound of clashing metal resounds within the destroyed building. Even now, parts of the pillars are burning due to the artificial rain I made being unable to reach inside.

All in all, they’re about as stable as my life.

I continue running through the building, this time a bit faster. Inside I sense 7 people. One of them is dead, 2 of them are fighting, and the rest are watching.

<<Report. One of those individuals is likely the one from your memories called Footman.>>

*Clang!*

Within a few seconds, I eventually find myself in a large cleared out place. Like, seriously, this part of the building has already collapsed so it’s quite spacious. 2 large figures are battling with each other to the death.

An ogre and an orc.

The ogre is already exhausted and tired out while the orc general is looking better worse for wear. The ogre has red skin and hair with a beard, looking like a middle-aged warrior. He’s dressed in red armour and is holding a katana, but he’s kneeling on the floor.

The orc is larger than most of the other orcs I met and is wearing black full-plate armour. He also has a large axe in his hand, currently raised over the kneeling ogre. It also seems like he’s magically connected to something…

<<Report, it is most likely a Crystal Orb someone is using to look in on the situation here from the orc’s eyes.>>

Most likely Gelmud. Perhaps even Clayman too…

???- “Why… did you suddenly get stronger in the middle of the fight? It doesn’t seem like it was a skill…”

The ogre looks up and asks the orc, who I assume to be an orc general, a question. The orc obviously doesn’t seem all too keen to answer. So I decide to take this chance to announce my presence.

Rimuru- “Orc Lord. You should know of it, yes? This orc is probably a general of the Orc Lord, and while you were having your fight, the other orcs outside must've gotten to one of the ogres, and…”

I raise my hands in a shrug while closing my eyes and don’t say anymore. They know what an Orc Lord is capable of, they all could easily understand what I'm trying to say. Though they all have this ‘Surprise Pikachu Face’ expression.

I reopen my eyes and look at everyone in the room. First off comes the dead body. It was a woman, having pink hair and fair skin. Her eyes are closed, so I don’t know exactly what colour they are, but I assume it should be pink, assumed by one of the spectating ogres that looks exactly like a younger version of her who also has pink eyes.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say Shuna.

(A/N: Well no shit.)

The other ogres are male, one of them looking like a younger version of the ogre that was recently fighting with no beard while the other is an old man with white hair.

Once again, a wild guess, but Imma say Benimaru and Hakurou.

(A/N: WELL NO SHIT.)

Rimuru- “Want me to help?”

I speak to the still kneeling red-haired ogre. He just looks at me for a while, before chuckling lightly.

???- “No, I lost. This is where my journey ends.”

Oh, fuck me, not again.

Rimuru- “*Sigh* Is that so… Well, I wish you luck on your journey to the afterlife.”

???- “I thank you…”

It seems he felt that I was somewhat strong. He knew I could’ve done something, but chose not to. He looks at the body of the dead woman and sighs. It seems he wants to rejoin his wife.

He closes his eyes, and the orc general that was frozen to due anime fight rules to not interrupt when someone is speaking steps forward raises his axe and brings it down.

*Shing*

This would be a good moment for the masked Majin, Footman, to act all sinister, but I just point a figurative giant middle finger at him and use [Spatial Movement] to bring all of the ogres outside, including the dead bodies.

It wouldn’t feel right to just leave them there to be eaten.

I appear where I sent all the other ogres to with future Shuna, Benimaru and Hakurou. Ranga is also waiting here. Those 3 are surprised to see all of them here, but they don’t have time to just dawdle.

I open my mouth and speak.

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters

Ultimate Skills: [Illya, Heaven's Feel] [Raphael, Lord of Wisdom]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Multilayer Barrier] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Unique Skills: [Predator] [Creation] [Rune Master]

Extra Skills: [Control Water] [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Wind] [Control Flame] [Spatial Motion]

Tolerances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy Attack]

 

I open my mouth and speak.

Rimuru- "Ur mom gey lmao."

AN: BA HAHAHAHA!

MC: Oi! What are you making me say!?

AN: Oh come on, it's in the author notes. The ogres cant hear you.

MC: But still, it's a bit disrespectful. I mean, lots of people just died, and some of them could be mothers.

AN: Hmm... Yeah, you right. Im sorry.

MC: Scum.

AN: Oi! You're the scum!

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/NXJkP3Um

96