Chapter 36 Ogres get
2.9k 9 97
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rimuru- “Uhh, can I have everyone attention please?”

I raise my voice and try to get everyone’s attention. The ogres stop talking among themselves and turn to look at me, the majority having grateful looks in their eyes.

Rimuru- “Right, first things first, my name is Rimuru. And… I'm a slime.”

I say that while transforming into my slime form while jumping onto Ranga’s back. This creates a wave of murmurs from the 200 or so remaining ogres. First of all, I'm named. Once again, a name is a kind of symbol of status for a monster. But what really surprised them is…

???- “Look at his form…”

???- “So majestic…”

???- “Such a streamlined shape…”

They seem more awed at my… looks… the fuck? I was expecting them to be all “ehh!?” over me being a slime, but… I wasn’t expecting this…

Well, my form does resemble a meat bun! These ogres have promise it seems!

Rimuru- “*Cough* Anyway, I need to bring you all up to speed on what exactly is going on.”

And so, I began to explain to them their situation. I told them that their village is totally ruined and nearly completely burnt to the ground. Furthermore, I told them that nearly 100 ogres have already died. This brought a few of them to tears. Even I'm getting affected by the mood.

Rimuru- “… I was late. I apologise.”

I ‘bow’ (I'm a fucking slime) to all of the remaining ogres. It’s true, if I didn’t procrastinate, I could have saved them all. I got too complacent in this familiar world that I forgot that some things are destined to change since this is an Alternate World.

The ‘Young Master’, the red-haired ogre, quickly stepped up.

???- “Please do not bow to us! If it were not for you, many more would have died. Furthermore, there would even be a chance that the old man, my sister and I wouldn’t have even been able to escape from that orc general.”

Every single ogre present nodded their heads. A few of them even voiced out their agreements. Hold on, isn't that Shion…?

I smile. Honestly, they’re good people.

RImuru- “Right! I decided! You can come with me!”

And now it’s their turn to be confused. The ‘old man’, or rather, Hakurou, speaks up.

???- “What exactly do you mean by that?”

Rimuru- “Ahh, well, I'm also leading a small village of my own. You guys don’t really have anywhere to go, right? So, I thought ‘why not bring you guys along?’ or something like that.”

I continued to explain to them that there’s a good chance that the orcs will make their way over to my village anyway. When that happens, it’s always to have a few extra cards to play. And these ogres will make for a powerful card at that.

Well, I didn’t tell them that I could just wipe out the orcs myself. Furthermore, there are literally hundreds of ways I could do so.

Like, I can just make an army of golems, or better yet, an army of Iron Man armours, and completely steamroll the orcs. Or, I could just write down a fuck ton of runes and blow all of the orcs up.

You get the idea. I could also use a meat bun nuke, but that would probably shatter the world itself, so no.

(A/N: Throw your mixtape at them.)

I transform back into my human form, still sitting on Ranga’s back, while Mr Young Master speaks up again.

???- “You need not go out of your way to bother with us anymore. We ogres will build our strength and take on the orcs again!”

Rimuru- “But do you know where to find them? Where will you rest? How will you maintain your gear?”

???- “Guh… But even so, involving you in our revenge…”

Rimuru- “*Sigh* Listen. It’s fine. Come to my village. Become my subordinates if you have to. And when the time comes, repay me by fighting on my side. It’s a win-win, isn't it?”

I smile at them with an eye closed, acting relaxed. Inward, I really want them to be my subordinates. I already found Shion, Soei, and Kurobe at the front of the crowd. Although they didn’t say anything, they seem to each have a high standing in the group.

??- “Onii-sama…”

Shuna pulls on Benimaru’s sleeves. He looks at her pleading eyes, sighs, before walking forward.

???- “Can our contract only last until the orcs are defeated?”

Rimuru- “Mmm! That’s fine. Though, I'm sure you’ll change your mind soon.”

I say to him while giving him a sly grin. Benimaru just smiles before kneeling towards me.

???- “Then, I would like to accept your offer. We will hereby serve you.”

Rimuru- “Then I look forward to working with you.”

We talked a bit more and decided that the ogres still have to prepare for their journey to my village. It’s a bit far, but nothing much for the ogres. They should arrive by next week.

Furthermore, they still have to grieve for their lost ones. Unfortunately, I told them that there’s a good chance that some orcs are remaining in the village. I didn’t explicitly mention why, but Benimaru, Hakurou and Shuna knew since they overheard me mentioning an Orc Lord just before the ogre warrior died. They then explained it to Soei, Shion and Kurobe while the rest of the ogres were left in the dark for now.

I asked Ranga to return to my shadow. I then prepare to use [Spatial Movement] to return home before I suddenly stop as I was hit by a sudden thought.

Uhm… what the fuck happened to my [Dark Flame]? I didn’t realise it before, but talking with Benimaru reminded me…

<<Report. Due to your infinite magicules, those skills were deemed useless and thus were not synthesised.>>

(A/N: This is an excuse. I just forgot about them and I'm adding them now. Sorry!)

My dear [Raphael], it is not a matter of useless or not, it’s a matter of style. Please synthesise them.

<<Understood. Extra Skills [Control Flame] [Control Water] and [Flame Transform] have been synthesised. Extra Skills [Dark Flame] and [Control Particles] have appeared in their place.>>

Thank you.

(A/N: [Flame Transform] was from the Ifrit mimic. Once again, this is an excuse, but deal with it.)

And so, I complete the travel back home with [Spatial Movement] and come face to face with Mikoto sitting on the couch looking at me with an unamused expression.

Mikoto- “So? Care to explain why you just left me behind to have fun by yourself?”

Ah fuck.

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters

Ultimate Skills: [Illya, Heaven's Feel] [Raphael, Lord of Wisdom]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Multilayer Barrier] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Unique Skills: [Predator] [Creation] [Rune Master]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Wind] [Spatial Motion] [Dark Flame] [Control Particles]

Tolerances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy Attack]

 

A/N: As an aside, Im pretty sure [Dark Thunder] was only obtained because of MC's connection with Veldora, but since that didnt happen here...

MC: Well, I could just create all the skills I want, so Im not sure why you're fussing over forgetting a couple of them...

AN: Now that I think about it, I dont know why either, but I already wrote it and the readers probably wont be happy if I just cut that part out and gave them a shorter chapter...

MC: True. They might go monke on you.

AN: Mmm...

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/7AKaPdGV

97