Chapter 37 Naming ogres
2.9k 10 95
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AN: 4th Wall-chan dies a couple of times in this chapter.

-----

Mikoto- “So? Why did you leave me behind to go off and have fun on your own?”

Rimuru- “Uhm…”

Right, what do I say… fuck it. I might as well tell the truth.

Rimuru- “I wanted to get some waifus.”

.

.

.

Fuck, wrong truth. Do your damn job, Author!

*Spark*

Mikoto- “Hooh…?”

Rimuru- “It’s a joke! I'm joking!”

I quickly turn back into my slime form to appease to her while trying to convince her it was a joke.

Of course, I'm not exactly joking, but I shouldn’t say that. But there are other reasons too.

Rimuru- “Those ogres are very strong monsters. It’ll be a waste to just let them die. So once I found their village under attack, I couldn't just sit by and do nothing.”

Mikoto stared at me with narrowed eyes, before sighing and smiling at me.

Mikoto- “So that’s why… But it’s still a shame I couldn't join you.”

Rimuru- “A shame? Why?”

Mikoto- “Well, it’s looked fun.”

Rimuru- “Hmm? How did you… Ah, the mirror of remote viewing.”

I left it activated when I left and Mikoto must've seen everything through that. I guess jumping in and beating up some pigs indeed would have seemed fun. I was also enjoying myself a bit, after all.

Rimmuru- “Well, there’s going to be this big fight coming up. You can come with me then. But you saw me, right? I was pretty cool huh?”

Mikoto- “Yeah yeah…”

Mikoto nods, picks me up, and we spend more time with each other as I explain what exactly went down.

As an aside, Shizu is wandering around outside playing with the residents and getting free food.

3 days later…

RImuru- “They’re here!”

Mikoto- “Hmm? Who?”

Rimuru- “The waif- I mean, the ogres I told you about!”

Yes, that’s right. The ogres have arrived. Well, not all of them though, just the 6 main ogres that appeared in the series. I thought they would arrive after a few more days, but this is good.

I rush out of the house in human form while Mikoto runs after me, curious to see a new species while carrying Shizu along with her in her arms.

We soon arrive at the ‘entrance’ of the village (it’s just a fucking gate) where I arrive at the scene of Rigurd already talking with them. I told the goblins about the ogres and their arrival within a week, so they’re not losing their heads over the ordeal of ogres appearing in the village.

I quickly usher them into a building/tent designed to handle affairs like visitors and things like that and sit the ogres down for a talk. Mikoto and Rigurd are off sitting to the side. Rigurd seems focused on listening to our conversation. Mikoto, however, is playing with Shizu.

Of course, no one is bothered. Why? Because the scene is cute as fuck. Of course, Mikoto can easily focus on our conversation while doing her own business, so it’s fine.

Rimuru- “So, why are you guys here? I thought you guys were only going to arrive after a week?”

(A/N: It’s gonna get annoying to constantly type who said what since they don’t have names yet so Imma put their future names in. THEY’RE NOT NAMED YET.)

Benimaru- “Well, we decided to go ahead of everyone else and meet up with you first.”

Soei- “We also took this chance to scout out the orc army that laid waste to our village.”

The other ogres, Hakurou, Kurobe, Shuna and Shion, nod their heads in agreement.

Rimuru- “Hmmm… And their numbers?”

Soei- “A few thousand.”

The ogres already knew about it, so they only had grim looks on their faces, but Rigurd was pretty shocked. He didn’t say anything, but his expression said it all.

I mean, there are several times the difference in numbers between our forces and theirs. Mikoto seems pretty unfazed. As a Level 5 Esper, she had enough power to go head to head against entire armies.

Granted, those armies didn’t have access to magicules and skills, but then and again, neither did Mikoto. Furthermore, she’s still growing.

But still, only a few thousand? They must not have seen the main force then. If I remember correctly, the entire orc army totalled 200,000 strong. The ones that attacked the ogre village was only been a small fraction of their entire army.

Rimuru- “Huh… I see.”

Well, not that I care. I can take them out by myself, all 200,000 of them. Of course, I won't, but I could. The ogres should be able to find out their true numbers themselves. If not, I could always tell them later.

Rimuru- “We’ll talk about the orcs later. A few of the sub-leaders from the goblins are still busy, and the dwarves still have a few jobs to do. We’ll discuss this all together at another date. But before that…”

I focus on the 6 ogres in front of me. They feel pressured as they all unconsciously gulp.

Rimuru- “I'm gonna name you all.”

Like, Jesus Christ, it’s so offputting, calling them by their names in my head while also knowing that it’s not their names. I also bet that author is having a hard time.

(A/N: Nah bitch, I'm good.)

Now it’s the ogres turn to be surprised.

Hakurou- “Are you sure about this?”

Rimuru- “Yeah, don’t worry. I know there’s a risk, but I can name your entire tribe and I’ll be fine, so don’t worry.”

They look at each other before looking towards me and Benimaru speaks.

Benimaru- “Then we shall gratefully accept.”

I smile and walk up to them. First, the red-haired ogre. He has red skin and red tear marks on his face with fangs pointing out of his mouth and 2 large black horns on his forehead. Seriously, everything about him is red.

Rimuru- “Benimaru.”

Next, the sister. She has pink hair and surprisingly ‘normal’ skin colour, comparing to the other ogres at least. She also has those same tear marks as her brother with 2 large white horns on her forehead.

Rimuru- “Shuna.”

Next comes the ‘wisened old man’. He looks… old. I mean, that’s the quickest way to explain him. He has a lot of wrinkles, and his eyes look like they’ll close at any moment. Furthermore, he also has white hair and 2 white horns.

Rimuru- “Hakurou.”

After him, comes the ‘future busty babe’. She looks more ‘wild’ right now, and I'm not sure what to think of this, especially after I'm used to her more formal look. She has purple skin and eyes with light purple hair. She also has a single black horn on her forehead.

Rimuru- “Shion.”

Next is the man of little words. He has dark blue skin, almost grey, and dark blue hair with eyes of the same colour. He also has a single white horn on his forehead.

Rimuru- “Soei.”

And finally, and currently the scariest of them all, the craftsman guy. He has skin as dark as Soei, with a different shade, and black markings next to his eyes. He also has 2 white horns on his head.

Rimuru- “Kurobe.”

I smile as I finish naming them and I sense my magicules flowing into them. I… don’t feel any different. Infinite magicules for the win!

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters

Ultimate Skills: [Illya, Heaven's Feel] [Raphael, Lord of Wisdom]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Multilayer Barrier] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Unique Skills: [Predator] [Creation] [Rune Master]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Wind] [Spatial Motion] [Dark Flame] [Control Particles]

Tolerances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy Attack]

 

A/N: So, I've been thinking about the Manas problem for a while, and... Well, I dont really want to do it. I just don't feel like writing it.

I mean, things are fine as it is right now, the skills dont NEED to be upgraded into a Manas, furthermore Im not confident in my knowledge of Manas and how they work.

MC: You're just lazy again, aren't you?

AN: Well, that is a reason, true, but Im also serious. But then and again, this isnt set in stone yet. 

MC: So, have the readers comment

AN: Yup. Give me your thoughts!

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/gpjyM9qh

95