Chapter 40 Enlightenment
2.9k 8 93
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s been a few days, time passed like normal. I would walk around the village while Mikoto carries me around either in her arms or on her head, depending on where Shizu was. If Shizu was on Mikoto’s head, I would be in her arms, or vice versa.

We all would talk to each other about random things with Shizu making use of her new [Thought Communication] skill. Sometimes we would say hello to any passing ogre, goblin or wolf.

 Mikoto once carried both of us on her shoulders, but…

Mikoto- “My shoulders are so stiff…”

It wasn’t very comfortable for her. I would always reduce my size for this, and I'm not even originally that heavy.

Rimuru- “Is it because you aren't used to the weight…?”

Mikoto popped a vein and I ended up getting launched into the fucking stratosphere. It was only later that I realised it could be interpreted that I was making fun of her lacking chest.

I REALLY don’t understand women. Of course, Mikoto realised I wasn’t poking fun of her and apologised with yet another lap pillow.

Worth.

The ogres are making use of their superior physique to speed up construction. As an aside, none of them evolved into Kijin. It’s not exactly unexpected, I’d say, after all, Kijins are apparently very rare evolutions of ogres.

Instead, they all evolved into something new called a High Ogre. They’re like physically enhanced ogres, but their magicules didn’t increase as much as Benimaru and the others.

If put into game stats, High Ogres would specialise in STR and VIT while Kijin would specialise in INT or MAG.

Well, in the end, magicules determine how strong a monster is overall, so Kijin still ended up being the better evolution path, but none of the High Ogres are complaining.

Sometimes I would call Ranga and we would just go on a run, just the 2 of us.

Other times I would be with Hakurou getting advice on swordsmanship. During this time Mikoto and Shizu would be working on their own skills. Mikoto isn't interested in swordsmanship and Shizu can't hold a sword, so they wander into the experimental site and train there. They aren't slacking off, you know.

There were even times when everyone just stopped their work and sat down to have lunch together in a big feast. Everyone enjoyed it.

And that was how the last few days went.

I'm in my absolutely beautiful slime form, wandering around the village by myself, looking around to find something of interest. It’s near the end of the day, everyone is finishing up their work and getting ready to rest.

Hah. Look at them, living a productive life and shit. Pathetic.

I happen to see both Shuna and Shion walking together in a certain direction. I bounce up to them and say hello.

Rimuru- “Hey, Vsauce, Rimuru here.”

Shion- “Rimuru-sama! Uhm, what’s… ‘Veesauce’?”

Rimuru- “Don’t mind it.”

Shuna- “Rimuru-sama! How are you?”

Rimuru- “Oh I'm fine. What are you guys up to?”

Shuna- “Shion and I were just about to head into the hot spring.”

Rimuru- “Hmm? Shouldn’t it be the guys turn right now?”

Shion- “They finally separated it by gender, so now there’s no need to designate certain times by gender.”

Rimuru- “Ahh…”

.

.

.

:3

Rimuru- “Can I join you?”

Shuna- “Of course!”

Shion- “We would love to!”

Rimuru- “Then let’s go!”

And so we all head to the hot springs together. Ahh, I can't wait to enter. I've been deprived of anything stimulating for so long, it’s getting unbearable. But in the hot spring, I can peek at their legs and ass, maybe even ‘accidentally’ brush them… huhuhuhu…

What’s that? What about their breasts? Well, I have stopped being indecisive and have settled on the following statement.

*Ahem*

Boobs are overrated.

I am hereon forth an ass and legs man. I am a TRUE man of culture!

But this is a bit interesting, I remember OG Rimuru being asexual, meaning he has no sexual drive, but I still feel horny now and again. It’s nothing bad, just interesting to think about.

But just as I was about to enter paradise- I mean, the changing rooms…

Mikoto- “Rimuru…”

… shet.

Rimuru- “OH! Mikoto! So nice to see you!”

Mikoto- “Hmm… So? What were you doing?”

Rimuru- “Well I was just about to take a dip in the hot spring with Shuna and Shion!”

Mikoto- “*Sigh*… Hey, Shuna, Shion… You know this guy is a male, right?”

Mikoto turns to Shuna and Shion while pointing at me. Heh, unfortunately, your plan won't work.

Shuna- “Is that so?”

Shion- “I thought slimes were genderless…”

Rimuru- “Well, I am genderless, I just identify as a male.”

My choice is heavily influenced by my past life.

Shuna- “Well…”

Shion- “You see…”

Shuna/Shion- “I don’t see the problem.”

See? I fucking knew it. Therefore, I can have a free pass-

Mikoto immediately breaks out into a blush.

Mikoto- “B-b-but he’s… you’re ok w-with bathing with a male?”

Shion- “Of course. He is Rimuru-sama, he only needs to ask and I would be glad to show him my body!”

Shion proudly declares while Shuna nods from the side. Even in canon, they didn’t mind Rimuru bathing in the hot spring with them.

Mikoto has now completely broken down, her face is completely red while she keeps on stuttering and her head starts emitting steam.

Mikoto- “A-anyway! I'm not comfortable with this.”

Shuna- “Ehhh?”

Shion- “Come on…”

Rimuru- “H-hey, just a little is ok, isn't it?”

Mikoto snaps her head and gives me a death stare.

Mikoto- “Rimuru.”

*Spark*

*Gulp*

Rimuru- “Y-yes?”

Mikoto- “Get out.”

And so, I dejectedly leave the area.

Mikoto, meanwhile, is still heavily blushing. She stares absentmindedly into space, seemingly thinking about something, before her face blushes even more (somehow) and she shakes her head, dispelling any thought she had. She then follows Shuna and Shion who already went ahead of her into the changing rooms.

Meanwhile, outside, you can see me in my human form, staring up at the moon with a peaceful face.

Benimaru and Soei were on their way to the hot spring when they come across me.

Benimaru- “Rimuru-sama, it’s good to see you.”

Soei just nods. He always was the quiet type.

Benimaru- “Out of curiosity, what are you doing? Aren't you going into the hot spring?”

I just stop gazing at the moon and look at them both. And then, with a face filled with enlightenment that Buddha can only hope to reach, I shake my head and speak.

Rimuru- “I do not wish to be horny anymore… I just want to be happy…”

*Sad music plays in the background*

Benimaru, Soei, and every passing male are suddenly overcome with emotion and look up at me with awe.

Meanwhile, Shizu, who doesn’t like water since she became a cat and is nibbling on a self-regenerating meat bun at home, thinks to herself.

Shizu- ‘They’re slow nya…’

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters

Ultimate Skills: [Illya, Heaven's Feel] [Raphael, Lord of Wisdom]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Multilayer Barrier] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Unique Skills: [Predator] [Creation] [Rune Master]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Wind] [Spatial Motion] [Dark Flame] [Control Particles]

Tolerances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy Attack]

 

A/N: Dori me, interimo adapare dori me

MC: Ameno, ameno, latire, latire mo

AN: Dori me, ameno, oma nare imperavi ameno

MC: Dimere, dimere, mantiro, mantire mo

AN/MC: Ameno!

Meat Bun ROB: *Slowly closes door*

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/NXJkP3Um

93