Chapter 41 Gabil arrives
2.9k 9 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Next day after I achieved enlightenment.

Everything is going well, Shuna is making clothes while teaching other goblins, Kurobe is working hard in our new weapon forge with Kaijin, Soei is making a security network around town, Benimaru is talking with Rigurd and the other elders about how to keep the town safe, Hakurou is currently beating me harder than my dad ever would, Shion is… cleaning… and Mikoto and Shizu are at the experimental site blowing the place up.

Hakurou was just about to beat me up in the name of training once again while I'm running away squealing (I'm not, I'm fighting back) when Rigurd runs up to me.

Rimuru- “Hmm? Rigurd, what’s up?”

Rigurd- “I have a report, sir! A lizardmen envoy has come to visit!”

Rigurd states the news while making more Jojo poses.

Gabil is here FINALLY! Now I can act like some cultivation protag and beat up a young master on his high horse.

It’s something from my bucket list.

Rimuru- “Hmm, is that so? Right, shall we go meet them then?”

Rigurd- “Understood!”

And so Rigurd led me to where this lizardmen envoy was at the town’s entrance. But, as expected, it turns out that this guy is just an advance messenger who asked everyone to come out front. A bit rude, and Rigurd would have normally refused him straight out, but this guy is riding on a hover lizard.

Hmm, a lizard riding on a bigger lizard… If put in human terms it would look like a man riding a bigger and weirder looking man…

God, that was an offputting thought. Get it out of my head, Jesus Christ.

Anyway, riding a hover lizard means that this guy is a knight class lizardmen, which means that the rest of the lizardmen would be knight class as well. And considering that we would be destroyed if this was just a normal goblin village, Rigurd thought it best to at least notify me.

Rimuru- “You can turn away people like this next time.”

Rigurd- “Understood. My apologies, Rimuru-sama.”

Rimuru- “Nah, it’s fine. I wanted to meet with these lizardmen too.”

If it was just a random group of monsters acting all pompous and the like, I would just outright ignore them. I'm not going to cater to people who think they’re the shit.

Rimuru- “Can you call the others? If they’re busy then you don’t need to.”

Rigurd immediately ran off to do as I asked while I waited for the rest of the lizardmen to arrive. In the end, Hakurou, who followed me here, Shion, Benimaru, and Mikoto also joined me at the front.

To be honest, I was a little confused as to why Rigurd called Mikoto here, but apparently, she has quite a high standing among the other monsters. I'm not complaining though. Rigurd is also here.

Shion arrived with some tea after she finished… cleaning…

Honestly, the tea looks like a monkey shat in a cup after eating a fuck ton of purple car paint.

Surprisingly, it doesn’t actually smell all that bad though. Gobuta isn't here, according to my [Universal Perception], so I have to find some other way to get rid of this. It was at this moment my saviour appeared.

Jeff- “My name Jeff.”

Jeff appears out of nowhere, drinks the tea like a chad, and proceeds to drop unconscious on the spot. What a fucking madlad, he drank that like some fucking shot glass. Respect.

Rimuru- “Jeeeeeeff! Noooooooooooo!”

I fall onto my knees in grief at losing such a valiant soldier as everyone besides Shion looks at the peaceful face of Jeff with a melancholic expression. Shion, however, has a genuinely confused face as if she didn’t expect this to happen.

Meanwhile, the lizardmen messenger is looking at this scene from the side with a “what the fuck” expression on his face.

A while later, I turn back into my slime form. Shion and Mikoto immediately look at each other with a stare that could kill, and proceeded to play rock paper scissors.

Shion won by choosing rock, and I ended up getting carried by her. Mikoto acts like she doesn’t care, but…

I can see you staring at us from the corner of your eye, my dear Mikoto.

Honestly, she’s such a cute tsundere.

And so, after a whole FUCKING HOUR, Gabil and his men finally arrive. Honestly, I had to break out my stash of meat buns for everyone here to pass the time. And I mean my PERSONAL stash, meaning they’re meatbuns I made by hand without [Creation].

There are about 10 of them, all in line before they get off their hover lizards and begin to bash their spear butts against the ground, making this imposing thundering sound.

Weak, gender reveal parties back in my old world was way more intense than this.

Then, all of a sudden, trumpet music starts playing from god-knows-where. What the fuck! How!? I want this too!

A more majestic, or rather, ‘unique’ lizardmen rides up slowly to the front. His lizard stops before he jumps into the air, fucking backflips, and lands back on the ground like a gymnast.

Gabil- “I am Gabil of the lizardmen! You will all serve under me. Consider this a great honour!”

A few of the surrounding lizardmen then point their shields to Gabil, reflecting the sunlight making for some makeshift spotlights. Amazing, even my own subordinates can't do that. Should I teach them that too?

Anyway, Shion is currently squeezing my body into a noodle because she’s pissed, and I had to tap her arms to remind her that I'm still here.

Rigurd- “*Ahem* Sir Gabil, was it? Your request for us to serve you is rather sudden…”

Gabil- “Pfft! Have you not heard yet? Those pigs, the orc race, are on the move! They will attack this very village before long. And I am the only one who can save your puny, pathetic hides!”

Listening to him, I can't say I'm getting angry. It’s more comedic to me. Of course, everyone else is getting quite pissed at him.

Now, what should I do? Should I accept his condition just for fun?

“What one should fear is not a competent enemy, but an incompetent ally” is a saying from my old world, so even if it’s just playing around, I don’t really want to agree. This saying was from… uhm…

<<Notice. The quote is commonly attributed to Napoleon Bonaparte.>>

Ah yes, thank you, that has not helped a single bit because I'm shit at history and I have no idea who that is, but I appreciate your input.

Now then, what should I do now?

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters

Ultimate Skills: [Illya, Heaven's Feel] [Raphael, Lord of Wisdom]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Multilayer Barrier] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Unique Skills: [Predator] [Creation] [Rune Master]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Wind] [Spatial Motion] [Dark Flame] [Control Particles]

Tolerances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy Attack]

 

A/N: Personal stash? Why couldn't you just make those meat buns with your skill?

MC: It's calming. Whenever I make something with [Creation], I innately get knowledge on HOW it's made.

AN: So you learned how to make a meat bun through that?

MC: Pfft, no way. As if I could understand the sheer amount of divinity that goes into making each individual bun. I had [Raphael] dumb it down for me.

AN: Ohh... is... [Raphael] ok?

MC: I almost had to sacrifice the skill, but it turned out alright.

AN: Damn... can I have one?

MC: Of course.

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/7twCxbyA

91