Chapter 42 Big fight scene
2.7k 10 88
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well, I want to get on good terms with the lizardmen, so forming a united front would be good, but I don’t wanna talk to Gabil here. I guess I’ll send Soei like planned and have him talk to the lizardmen chief.

What could go wrong?

I'm joking. I am aware that this will lead to the lizardmen chief playing defence against the orc army, which will cause Gabil to stage a coup. I COULD prevent this, but honestly, I think it’s a good personality growth opportunity for him. I mean, I want Gabil to serve under me, but…

*Looks at Gabil who somehow has sparkling effects*

Yeah, I don’t want this narcissistic version of him. I’ll wait for him to mature first.

Anyway, while I was thinking of such things, Gabil continued to make his speech about us serving him and it being such an honour. Well, after taking a closer look, he realised we weren’t exactly pushovers and talked with his men in a huddle for a bit wondering why there weren’t any goblins.

I'm wondering the same thing man, I just gave them names and they turned out like this.

Gabil- “*Ahem* I understand there are some among you who have tamed the dire wolf race to do your bidding. Whoever accomplished this task, I will gladly appoint you as one of my top advisers. Bring him here now!”

Shion began unconsciously squeezing my body again in anger while Benimaru looks at me with a harmless smile.

Benimaru- “Can I kill this guy?”

Going with the flow, I reply.

Rimuru- “Sure!- Wai- NO NO NO!”

Phew, OG Rimuru did the same thing too. I was expecting this but I still went with the flow. Gabil really has some mysterious power to piss people off unconsciously, huh…

I don’t feel angry, however, I just have this strange urge to kick him in the nuts. Mom, I know how you always felt towards me now… *Wipes tear*

But still, this is getting dangerous. I think I need to end it here. I wanted to see Gabil with my own eyes in his current narcisstic state out of curiosity, but I'm quickly having enough.

Rimuru- “Well, I don’t know much about ‘taming’ the wolves, it’s more like working with them as comrades. I was the one who made them our allies if that’s what you’re asking…”

Gabil- “A lowly slime did that? Don’t joke with me, please.”

*Spark*

Mikoto is also getting pissed too. I'm a bit happy that she’s feeling this way, it’s showing that she cares for me.

Don’t get me wrong, I'm not naïve enough to think that she’s already fallen for me. Mikoto is very protective of her friends, if she hears someone mocking them, then she won't just sit by. This just shows that she at least considers me as a friend.

It’s been half a month since she’s been summoned, and honestly, making a friend in that period is some kind of new record. Go me!

Gabil- “If you say something like that, show me some proof!”

Oh, he’s still talking. Whoops.

But still, proof, huh…

Rimuru- “Ranga.”

Imma dip out here. Procrastination.

Ranga jumps out from my shadow and lands right in front of the lizardmen. All of them are shaking in their boots and backing away. Gabil’s eyes shake in fear, but he surprisingly hasn’t shown any other signs of fear or weakness besides that.

I mean, Ranga is blasting them with [Coercion] at point-blank and since Ranga is stronger than his canon counterpart, I wouldn’t be surprised if Gabil just dropped onto his knees. It’s quite surprising.

Anyway, I tune out for the next bit since I know it’s just Gabil dissing me some more while trying to convince Ranga to leave me and join him. It should be like “It’s disappointing to know your master is a slime. It seems you are being deceived” or some similar cliché bullshit.

Gabil- “It’s disappointing to know your master is a slime. It seems you are being deceived.”

Holy shit.

Gabil- “What he has done is unforgivable. Very well. I shall defeat him for you!”

After saying that while pointing at me all pompous, his men begin to cheer out his name while saying things like “Sir Gabil, you’re so cool!” and “Show them what you’re made of, Sir Gabil!”.

In the end, Gabil started making poses, appealing to the crowd… they’re not as good as Rigurd’s poses…

And then if memory serves me right, Ranga will almost tear him up before Gobuta will arrive, and…

FUCK! Gobuta isn’t here!

Jeff bravely took his place but he’s still down the for count! Curses, does Shion’s cooking get worse proportional to her strength? Then isn't this my fault?

*GrrrrrRRRRR*

Shit, it’s getting worse. Right, I should step in here…

Rimuru- “Uhm…”

*Spark*

Mikoto- “Oi…”

Oh?

The lizardmen pause and look at Mikoto who has her eyes covered by her hair. That’s when you know shit’s about to go down, even I don’t dare to speak up now.

Mikoto- “I've been listening to you droning on and on like you’re at the top of the world and it’s getting annoying.”

More electricity sparks out from her as she gets more worked up. Ranga got an idea and intervenes before Mikoto fries Gabil. I don’t think he intervened intentionally, I'm sure he would love to see some fried lizard right now, but this works out for me.

Ranga- “Lizard, if you can defeat one of them, I will consider your offer.”

Ranga says while nodding his head in our direction.

Gabil- “I don’t mind. Having a subordinate fight for you saves you from shame.”

Benimaru and Hakurou looked like they wanted to step up, but before they could…

Shion- “I’ll do it.”

Mikoto- “No, I will.”

They both step up. Both of them are quite pissed off at this guy, their auras are exploding from them. Benimaru gulps before stepping down and Hakurou just hides his prescence, both of them swearing to never get on their bad side.

Mikoto and Shion, however, look each other in the eye, before… playing rock paper scissors again.

SO ANTICLIMACTIC.

Anyway, Mikoto won this time with paper. She turns around, locking on to Gabil who already has a spear in hand, and walks up to him.

Hmm, I should say something here.

Rimuru- “Mikoto!”

Mikoto turns around to look at me with a curious face.

Rimuru- “Don’t kill him!”

Mikoto’s eyes widen a bit before her face breaks out in a smile. She turns around while waving over her shoulder saying that she heard me.

Ranga- “Then, are you both ready? Begin! *Awooo!*”

Ranga howls to begin the match.

(Insert fight scene here)

.

.

.

(I'm joking)

Gabil begins by shit-talking for a bit…

Gabil- “We lizardmen are descendants of dragons, there is no way I would lose to a human…”

… But…

*THOOOOOM!*

A huge lightning strike falls from the sky right on Gabil’s head.

(Ok I wasn’t joking)

Ah… Lancer died!

(A/N: You aren’t human!)

*Spark*

The electric spark from Mikoto attracts our attention, telling us that it was Mikoto who was the cause of that lightning strike.

Mikoto- “Haah! That felt good!”

Mikoto looks to the sky and wipes her forehead with her arm while making a sigh of satisfaction like she just finished a huge job. Gabil is currently cooked black and on the floor, spasming while still having electricity running through his body. Hmm, would he get [Resist Electricity] from this…?

Mikoto ended up skipping her way back to us before the lizardmen grab Gabil (while getting shocked from static) and running away while screaming “We’ll remember this!”. Not that we cared.

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters

Ultimate Skills: [Illya, Heaven's Feel] [Raphael, Lord of Wisdom]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Multilayer Barrier] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Unique Skills: [Predator] [Creation] [Rune Master]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Wind] [Spatial Motion] [Dark Flame] [Control Particles]

Tolerances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy Attack]

 

A/N: Im sorry, I was actually willing to write a fight scene here, but... I just can't. The power gap is too big, and Mikoto isnt the type to play around with her enemies.

MC: Well, it was satisfying in its own way.

AN: Mmm. Oh, by the way, Jeff is fine and will wake up later.

MC: Oh thank god. but... can you really call that "fine"?

AN: ...

MC: ...

AN: No. He's on the verge of death. Thankfully, his faith in meat buns have once again saved his life!

MC: Oh, then that makes much more sense.

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/74YcsueD

88