Chapter 49 Fight scene I guess…
2.5k 4 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yeah, I wanna have some fun too. No one is permanently dead in this battle, so I don’t need to hold back. But even so, just wiping the floor with them isn't really satisfying.

I mean, if it’s someone like Gabil, then it’s satisfying, but for a mindless army like the orcs, then not so much.

I guess I could just restrict myself? Then… right. No skills, just pure melee combat.

I bring Shizu’s Mask and Yamato out from my stomach and wrap its scabbard string (sageo) around my belt. Yamato, you’re getting action so early on. Lucky you.

I erase the temporary flying rune on my hand and suddenly gravity grabs hold of me again, pulling me down from my position in the air.

My clothes and hair flutter as the wind rushes past me and I close in on the ground, not bothering to brace myself for impact. While falling, I also wear Shizu’s mask onto my face.

*Boom!*

I land feet first, causing the ground beneath me to crack and sent dirt and mud flying in the air.

I stare at the orcs ahead of me, sending chills down their spine. I don’t bother restraining my aura too much at this moment, so some leaked even under the mask’s magic resist effects.

Under the influence of the orc lord, the soldier orcs can't feel scared. The [Starved] Unique Skill even consumes the fear of the user’s allies. Even so, the orcs around me knew.

That I am an apex predator.

My golden eyes shine behind the mask as I grasp the scabbard of Yamato with my left hand and lower my right hand onto the handle. I lower my body into an iai stance and I breathe in…

… yes I am aware I don’t need to breathe, leave me alone.

*Shing!*

With that sound, without Yamato even leaving its scabbard, the orcs in front of me… arent… hurt at all?

Orc- “Urg…”

*Splash!*

A random orc standing behind me groans before falling dead into the muddy water.

I meant to do that.

Rimuru- “*Sigh* I wanted to show off and do that classic ‘killing without even drawing the blade’ but I fucked up… I'm gonna take it out on you fuckers!”

And so, the orcs all around me shivered while silently complaining about my shamelessness.

So yeah, I started swinging Yamato around, killing any orc its blade happens to cross regardless of distance. Even so, I'm keeping in mind my techniques and using them as best I can. If I don’t, I feel like Hakurou will somehow find out and beat the shit out of me.

I run across the wet ground with ease after writing a rune that lets me walk on water after taking some inspiration from a certain Saber and Minecraft enchantment.

*Shing!*

I bring Yamato down on a random orc in front of me, cutting him in half. [Universal Sense] picks up movement behind me so I duck, feeling a wooden club fly over my head before I turn around and swiftly decapitate the orc that tried to get a little sneaky with me.

This is the third time this happened. When will you learn? When will you learn that your actions have consequences!

Another orc runs up from the side. He raises his axe and brings it down with not-so-righteous fury. I just step to the side as I watch the axe fall down in front of me in slow motion before running past it, under the orc’s outstretched arm and simply continuing on my path, not even bothering to look behind me. Meanwhile, the orc simply falls over, now in two separate halves, separated at its stomach.

In a way, the orc’s armour is more detrimental to them than anything else. Yamato can render purely physical defence like this into nothing but paper armour. When going against me, speed is more important.

Either that or if you can lock down space in a certain area, then you might stand a chance… unless I choose to say “fuck you” because no one is better at using space than me.

I pump magicules into Yamato before I stop in my tracks, sheathe Yamato back into its scabbard, and close my eyes.

I'm gonna do what’s called a pro-gamer move.

I hold the scabbard with ly left hand and I flick the pommel of Yamato with the middle finger of my right hand.

*Tiiiiiiiing…*

A sound not unlike the chime of a bell in a soft breeze rings out.

And then… silence.

All around me, the orcs stop their movements and orc noises… and just fall over.

Man… I look so badass right now…

Shizu- ‘You look cringe, Rimuru nya.’

*-999 HP*

Ugh!

Rimuru- “Shizu? You’re done with your rampag- I mean, you’re done playing around?”

Shizu suddenly appears behind me in my cool/cringe moment from god knows where (all cats have teleportation powers) and jump up onto my shoulder.

Shizu- ‘Nya…’

Shizu just nods with half-opened eyes and just hangs over my shoulder.

This lazy cat…

Rimuru- “*Sigh* Right. I found the Orc Lord while I was running around. The big guy isn't even bothering to hide his aura, it was quite easy to find him.”

Mikoto- “There are also a few more connections running through a few of the orc generals.”

This time it’s Mikoto who walks up to me. She’s still passively cracking electricity from her body.

Rimuru- “Connections?”

Mikoto- “Yeah. There’s some kind of transmission coming from a couple of the orc generals I ran across. If I had to take a wild guess, it should be some kind of information sharing magic or skill.”

Hmm… It’s probably the crystal balls linked to those orcs so Gelmud and maybe even Clayman could look in on the situation without actually physically being here. Think of it like remotely viewing something through a camera, except the camera is the eyes of the orcs and the screen is the crystal ball itself.

Rimuru- “You sensed that?”

I ask with surprise lacing my voice.

Mikoto picks up on it and puffs out her chest while acting smug.

Mikoto- “Well, I am sensitive to signals and the like with my esper ability. With [Magic Sense], finding something like this is a piece of cake! Even I was a bit surprised at this, honestly…”

Woah… she could do that? Did you know that [Raphael]?

<<…>>

Huh… even [Raphael] didn’t seem to know. Mikoto is…

Rimuru- “… kinda amazing…”

Mikoto- “Ehehe…”

Mikoto began bashfully laughing while scratching the back of her head.

Well, even if someone is a little peeping tom, this doesn’t change anything. If anything, let them watch. It’s not like we’re using all our trump cards, and we could even send a message.

Soei- ‘Rimuru-sama. The captured lizardmen have been rescued. There was an orc general here, but I easily took care of it.’

Rimuru- ‘I see. Good work. Escort them somewhere safe and come find us again.’

Soei- ‘Understood.’

Soei cuts off his connection and I look in the direction of the Orc Lord.

Rimuru- “I think it’s about time to end this.”

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters

Ultimate Skills: [Illya, Heaven's Feel] [Raphael, Lord of Wisdom]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Multilayer Barrier] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Unique Skills: [Predator] [Creation] [Rune Master]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Wind] [Spatial Motion] [Dark Flame] [Control Particles]

Tolerances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy Attack]

Equipment: Yamato

 

A/N: The "fight scene" is a little lackluster, I am aware. There's more coming though, don't worry.

MC: I hope so, I want more action.

AN: You'll have to wait a couple of chapters, next chapter, you aren't doing shit.

MC: Aww...

AN: Anyway... you're such a fucking chuuni in this chapter lmao!

MC: HEY! You wrote me in this way!

AN: Doesn't change the fact that you did it lol!

MC: Motherfu-

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/N8D5uhEG

82