Chapter 51 Another arrogant young master type
2.5k 18 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A dust cloud is obscuring our view from uncovering the identity of this mysterious majin. Of course, I already know who it is. The dust cloud clears. The figure within suddenly flexes and speaks.

???- “I AM HERE!”

ALL MIGHT!?!

*BEEP!*

*We are having difficulties, please stand by*

The dust cloud clears.

Gelmud- “Who dares to disrupt the plans of the great Gelmud himself?!”

Ooh, this is rare. This guy seems to have a bigger ego than Gabil himself… no, now that I think about it, they seem to have the same level of ‘young master fodder’ potential. It’s hard to tell who’s coming out on top.

The goblin riders and the lizardmen suddenly arrive at this point.

Anyway, this is Gelmud, the majin who works under Clayman and is making a mess in the Jura Forst. He’s the one who gave the Orc Lord the name of Geld. An original name, definitely not a shortened version of his own…

He’s wearing white clothes that seem a little formal and a top hat while holding a walking cane in his hand. He also has a plague doctor mask on his face and his ears are long.

Honestly… his clothes look weirder than anything else… But alas, he’s currently in the middle of monologuing about something so according to anime laws I can't speak up and diss him about it.

Right, let’s tune back in…

Gelmud- “… you’ll be useful to me in death. Consider it an honour!”

Oof, he’s really racking up those ‘arrogant young master’ points right now. I'm getting the same itch I had with Gabil. The kind where you wanna just make him eat dirt.

So… what happened?

<<Report. Individual Gabil has recognised the majin as Gelmud and requested him for assistance against the Orc Lord, assuming he came to help him. However, the individual Gelmud quickly made known his relations with the Orc Lord and his intentions to make him a Demon Lord. He was in the middle of telling the lizardmen to, and I quote, “Be eaten by the Orc Lord and become his strength!”. It was at this point you zoned back in on the conversation.>>

Oh.

Right, I can sense Gelmud gathering magicules and prepping an attack. I guess I should step in-

*Spark*

Hmm? I hear a familiar spark so I look for the source.

It’s Mikoto.

I mean, I already guessed that, but…

Ohshit.jpg

She looks angry… like, her bangs are even covering her eyes. That’s when you know shit’s about to go down.

I mean, that ominous aura is also another telltale sign, but the bangs covering the eyes aesthetic is more reliable in an anime world. Everyone knows that.

And of course, like the cliché villain he is, Gelmud is the only one who doesn’t realise it. Even Gobuta is starting to sweat.

Yeah. Gobuta is aware of it. That’s when you really start to question how the bad guy doesn’t realise it.

Gelmud- “Shineeh!”

(A/N: Die!)

Gelmud then shoots out a red ball of light at Gabil. It’s harmless to me and the Kijin even if we didn’t bother dodging… Well, Mikoto would have to dodge as she doesn’t really have much defensive power. And the goblin riders would also have to dodge.

But to Gabil and the other lizardmen, it’s quite lethal.

Gabil, who is still shocked at the news of Gelmud’s true intentions, the man he considered the only one worthy to serve, couldn’t move out of the way from the ball of light. Gabil’s men wanted to pull him away and even take the shot for him, but…

*Zzzzt BOOM!*

A lightning strike hits the speeding ball with pinpoint precision from the side and causes it to explode.

Gelmud- “Huh? Who dares to interrupt the great me!?”

You legit just said something like that 5 minutes ago. Increase your damn vocabulary.

Gelmud shifts his attention to us and begins raging. Hmm, I wonder what would happen if I gave him an Xbox…

Mikoto- “Oi…”

A chilling voice interrupts Gelmud. He looks ready to blow his top, but Mikoto continues speaking.

Mikoto- “I was looking forward to taking down the Orc Lord… I even got the chance to make the final blow… but even so, I get interrupted… I'm a little pissed now.”

Gelmud- “Who cares!? You dare to interrupt me. You are courting death!”

Oh shit! He said the thing!

Gelmud- “Death March Dance!”

Gelmud creates a magic bolt larger than the previous one and lifts it into the air. It splits into many smaller bolts before all of them shoot off directly at Mikoto.

Now, remember when I said that Mikoto doesn’t have many defensive capabilities?

Yeah.

I lied.

Immediately after Gelmud launches his attack he begins laughing.

Mikoto, however, doesn’t move.

*Spark*

She raises her hand as sparks of electricity bounce off it once or twice…

*Fwoom!*

From beneath her a wave of black iron sand appears and creates a dome shield in front of her. The magic bolts smash into the shield but and damage the shield takes instantly get regenerated.

Gelmud stops laughing. The dome shield lowers itself, revealing an unharmed and pissed Mikoto.

It was at this moment, he knew… he fucked up.

Gelmud- “U-uhm… Let’s talk about-“

*THVIIIIM!*

Mikoto fires off a railgun without all the prior charging and it instantly takes off Gelmud’s arm.

Even in this state, she’s still a bit reluctant to kill. She knows I wouldn’t resurrect this guy after all.

Well, even so, Gelmud no longer has an arm.

Gelmud- “Ah-AHHHHHH!!”

And so begins Gelmud’s screaming.

Gelmud- “W-what are you doing you stupid pig!? Quickly, k-kill them all! Do as I say!”

Gelmud then turns around and resorts to ordering the Orc Lord to take care of us. Although the Orc Lord doesn’t have a regeneration skill on the level of his regeneration skill as a Demon Lord Orc Disaster, he still has one. And so, while Gelud served as a convenient distraction, the Orc Lord is now fully recovered.

What next, is Gelmud going to call his sect? Is he going to bring in his whole family up to 8 generations back?

The Orc Lord takes a step forward.

The kijin step forward to deal with it, but I just hold out an arm in front of them.

Rimuru- “Wait.”

The kijin are confused, but they listen to me and stand down.

Gelmud, who sees the moving Orc Lord, turns back to face us and begins his cocky laughter.

Gelmud- “Gehuhuh! Y-you’re in big trouble now! Orc Lord, k-kill them! Ahahahaha-!”

*Shing!*

The Orc Lord picks up his weapon, a giant cleaver, and brings it down, taking Gelmud’s head clean off his shoulders.

Yup. That seems about right.

He barely even lasted a chapter…

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters

Ultimate Skills: [Illya, Heaven's Feel] [Raphael, Lord of Wisdom]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Multilayer Barrier] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Unique Skills: [Predator] [Creation] [Rune Master]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Wind] [Spatial Motion] [Dark Flame] [Control Particles]

Tolerances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy Attack]

Equipment: Yamato

 

A/N: He really was cannon fodder, wasnt he...

MC: *Nods sagely*

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/QrSF92T7

78